Scythe Mugen 3 maximum power dissipation?

GER_T4IGA

I am thinking about OCing my processor and I was looking into the max rated TDP for the Scythe Mugen 3. The point is i couldn't find anything. Do you have recommendations for added voltage? I am running a 3770k and I would like something like 4.5GHz if possible. What is a lot? 200mV? 300mV?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

2 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I am thinking about OCing my processor and I was looking into the max rated TDP for the Scythe Mugen 3. The point is i couldn't find anything. Do you have recommendations for added voltage? I am running a 3770k and I would like something like 4.5GHz if possible. What is a lot? 200mV? 300mV?

For that aircooler it's a fairly large unit so it should be quite capable depending on the fans, as cooling is all about surface area. As long as you are able to keep you temps below 85C and voltage I would say on air not higher than 1.30V then you shouldn't have any problems. 

18 hours ago, W-L said:

For that aircooler it's a fairly large unit so it should be quite capable depending on the fans, as cooling is all about surface area. As long as you are able to keep you temps below 85C and voltage I would say on air not higher than 1.30V then you shouldn't have any problems. 

Do you know the base turbo frequenzy or does this differ depending on silicon lottery?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Do you know the base turbo frequenzy or does this differ depending on silicon lottery?

The voltage can vary depending on the chip but the base should be 100MHz, it's best to leave that and only change the multiplier as base overclocks can affect memory, GPU's and a few other things. 

Just now, W-L said:

The voltage can vary depending on the chip but the base should be 100MHz, it's best to leave that and only change the multiplier as base overclocks can affect memory, GPU's and a few other things. 

Just one last thing. Intel XTU said something about the watchdog self recovery is not available on my system (for whatever reason). Would you still recommend using it or shall I try to just use the BIOS and do a CMOS RESET if i get stuck in a reboot loop or something else happens?

3.Use

2 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Just one last thing. Intel XTU said something about the watchdog self recovery is not available on my system (for whatever reason). Would you still recommend using it or shall I try to just use the BIOS and do a CMOS RESET if i get stuck in a reboot loop or something else happens?

Hmm I'm not too familiar with what that is but if it gets stuck in a boot loop yes usually a CMOS resets will straighten things out. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Hmm I'm not too familiar with what that is but if it gets stuck in a boot loop yes usually a CMOS resets will straighten things out. 

Well I just going to make a new post then to see what people think. Thank you nontheless for your kindness.

3.Use