New Razer Blade 14 (2016) delayed...again

On 4/22/2016 at 1:45 PM, ivan134 said:

People still buy Razer products?

They sure do around these parts, far too many apply the logic of "Monkey see Linus, monkey do"

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

They sure do around these parts, far too many apply the logic of "Monkey see Linus, monkey do"

I am bookmarking this, faaaaar too funny xD

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

7 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

Are you suggesting Razor should make a heavier, thicker, uglier laptop to get more cooling in? I'm grabbing a Blade Stealth, not because I actually plan to game on the thing, nor would I game on the Blade Pro, that's what my PC is for. No, I got it because its the only non-Apple laptop to be built as well as a MacBook, and perform as well. You don't buy a super thin laptop for raw specs, you buy for the build, the materials, the display, the trackpad (traditionally garbage on anything Windows) etc etc. Basically, for a proper laptop you have this, the MacBook line up or the XPS series. Everything else is cheap plastic shit, or a hot, heavy desktop trying to convince you to carry it around so you can game for 3 minutes until it dies.

You should look into the X1 Carbon or Elitebook Folio for a quality portable laptop. You complain about the trackpad, but HP has been using glass etched touchpads on the business notebooks for like 10 years now, just because you don't know it exists doesn't mean it isn't out there. It shouldn't come as a surprise that a $300 laptop from Best Buy isn't as nice as a $1000+ Mac/Dell/HP/etc.

The Blade Stealth hasn't even shipped yet right? How do you know how well built and nice the trackpad is?

On 4/22/2016 at 1:44 PM, Samurai_TwoSeven said:

I checked my email this morning to see this...

Dear Blade Customer,

Thank you for you order of the new Razer Blade gaming laptop.

We now expect to be able to ship your product approximately May 18th and we will notify you as soon as it does. We value your business and appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your order, please contact our support team at ordersupport@razerzone.com.

Sincerely,

Team RazerStore

Sorry Razer, but this is seriously getting annoying considering this was originally supposed to ship on the 12th of April, only to be moved to the 22nd, then the 25th and now the 18th of May. And they have not provided a reason for the additional delay they alerted us to today

Your other option would have been to get a laptop with a lot of problems... a month wait isn't very long, especially if it means more stuff will be ironed out on the product. Not only is this common, its damn near standard practice these days for a new product to be pushed back a month or so. People typically whine and complain so a lot of companies have simply stopped giving release dates, just be glad Razer is giving you a timeline with updates.

On ‎2016‎.‎04‎.‎22‎. at 10:11 PM, ElfenSky said:

Remember, this is a laptop, not a desktop, mobile components have a higher thermal threshold than their desktop equivalents.

No they don't

who told you that?

They are made of the same materials, why would they have higher thermal thresholds?

Thy just throttle and it's by some miracle generally accepted for mobile parts to throttle, but that's wrong.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 hours ago, DXMember said:

No they don't

who told you that?

They are made of the same materials, why would they have higher thermal thresholds?

Thy just throttle and it's by some miracle generally accepted for mobile parts to throttle, but that's wrong.

I heard is somewhere once, after (like 10+ years ago) asking about how come my laptop only turned off when the CPU reached 115celcius, while intel's spec says something around 90ish, I thought...

Seems I believed wrong information all this time though.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

7 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

I heard is somewhere once, after (like 10+ years ago) asking about how come my laptop only turned off when the CPU reached 115celcius, while intel's spec says something around 90ish, I thought...

Seems I believed wrong information all this time though.

at 90 it thermal throttles - meaning reduces clock speed to run slower and use less energy - if it can't stay below 115 that way, it will shut down to prevent permanent damage due to excessive heat

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

11 hours ago, Voids said:

This forum is quite literally cancer at this stage.

Depends on how you look at it, I admittedly have little knowledge with laptops and so far reading this discussion has provided me a good amount of information. On the other hand, if you're here taking any criticisms towards the blade as an insult or an act of hostility then yes, that mindset is quite cancerous.

7 hours ago, Mirdon said:

Depends on how you look at it, I admittedly have little knowledge with laptops and so far reading this discussion has provided me a good amount of information. On the other hand, if you're here taking any criticisms towards the blade as an insult or an act of hostility then yes, that mindset is quite cancerous.

Don't get me wrong if it helped great. It's more that if someone says something different then rest in peace cause you're in for some shitty ride. 

1 hour ago, Voids said:

Don't get me wrong if it helped great. It's more that if someone says something different then rest in peace cause you're in for some shitty ride. 

Hopefully they don't go cursing each other's moms. Misanthrope's comment is right, unfortunately, there are a lot of people claiming that the blade is the best just because Linus uses it. Fortunately people like don were quick to point out their mistakes not only to inform the people who have that misconception, but also to other potential laptop buyers who have no clue what not to buy as well.

7 minutes ago, Mirdon said:

Hopefully they don't go cursing each other's moms.

Thankfully the forum hasn't degenerated that far yet. Give it time, though :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

29 minutes ago, Mirdon said:

Hopefully they don't go cursing each other's moms.

Give it a week before the new generation of video cards are released :)

On 24/04/2016 at 10:56 PM, don_svetlio said:

Secondly - if you want battery life, then the T460S is by all means the undisputed king clocking in at over 13 hours of battery life in a 14' body

Don't go saying the T460s is king when the x260 will do over 21 hours with power bridge.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

1 minute ago, Biased Opinion said:

Don't go saying the T460s is king when the x260 will do over 21 hours with power bridge.

I'm talking maximum load on the system friend - T450S was around 10 hours with an i7 running a stress test

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

9 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

I'm talking maximum load on the system friend - T450S was around 10 hours with an i7 running a stress test

Both laptops support the same i7 6600u at the top end but the x260 has a 95.2Wh battery vs the 49.5Wh in the T460s. Thats a pretty significant boost in capacity. Lenovo themselves are saing 25 hours vs 10 hours. Difference between a solid work laptop and the ultimate road warrior machine.

49.5 95.2

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

3 minutes ago, Biased Opinion said:

Both laptops support the same i7 6600u at the top end but the x260 has a 95.2Wh battery vs the 49.5Wh in the T460s. Thats a pretty significant boost in capacity. Lenovo themselves are saing 25 hours vs 10 hours. Difference between a solid work laptop and the ultimate road warrior machine.

49.5 95.2

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-t450s

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-x260

X260 and T450S are the kings I guess, T460S got cut-down. Those are within spitting distance of each other

3 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-t450s

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-x260

X260 and T450S are the kings I guess, T460S got cut-down. Those are within spitting distance of each other

I wouldn't really call 2 hours spitting distance, both are still best in class by a significant margin with the extended batteries though.

27 minutes ago, Biased Opinion said:

I wouldn't really call 2 hours spitting distance, both are still best in class by a significant margin with the extended batteries though.

Wasn't it 16:10 vs 17 hours? Darn, I need to fix my sleep schedule T_T

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Wasn't it 16:10 vs 17 hours? Darn, I need to fix my sleep schedule T_T

its 15:30 vs 17:15 so a bit over an hour and a half which is still well out of margin of error and would be considered a significant difference for most devices.

1 minute ago, Biased Opinion said:

its 15:30 vs 17:15 so a bit over an hour and a half which is still well out of margin of error and would be considered a significant difference for most devices.

Yeah, I need to sleep xD