Good Keyboard with MX Browns

mhonor

Hi all,

I was going to get a CM QuickFire Rapid 1 but pretty much every review on Newegg complained about dying LEDs, and having to pay shipping to RMA the keyboard...

Could you recommend a good keyboard with MX browns, and backlit? Don't need RGB as I'm trying not to spend too much. TKL would be nice, but not essential. I don't want anything huge though. 

just going to say that the K70 is great and i have one and i love it but if you dont want a huge keyboard then maby a K65? 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

just going to say that the K70 is great and i have one and i love it but if you dont want a huge keyboard then maby a K65? 

Man, I would get a K70 but I'm not crazy about the red backlight...  picky, I know. But neither do I want to spend the $ for RGB.

1 minute ago, mhonor said:

Man, I would get a K70 but I'm not crazy about the red backlight...  picky, I know. But neither do I want to spend the $ for RGB.

well you can turn it off xD well i think its great, its solid and feels nice

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

11 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Logitech G710+ or G610? 

My G710+ had a key cap break after 3 months. Logitech took their sweet ass time shipping replacement caps. Good thing I didn't take the option to RMA the whole keyboard. 

You could go for the Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S.

20 hours ago, JabroniBaloney said:

My G710+ had a key cap break after 3 months. Logitech took their sweet ass time shipping replacement caps. Good thing I didn't take the option to RMA the whole keyboard. 

but they still shipped you replacement keycaps...so you should appreciate it...(although they should have used better plastics in the first place :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

but they still shipped you replacement keycaps...so you should appreciate it...(although they should have used better plastics in the first place :/ 

Yes, yes they should have. It does stink to have to wait 2 days for the replacements to actually ship. Making sad panda customers wait is something they can improve upon.

14 minutes ago, JabroniBaloney said:

Yes, yes they should have. It does stink to have to wait 2 days for the replacements to actually ship. Making sad panda customers wait is something they can improve upon.

You still have to give them credit that they are indeed trying to help :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

20 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

You still have to give them credit that they are indeed trying to help :P 

They're doing simply what a company should do when their product is faulty. I'd give them credit if they would get replacements to customers in a quick manner.

On 21 avril 2016 at 0:09 AM, mhonor said:

You can get it in blue as well K70 non RGB and K65 non RGB are available with Red or Blue backlighting 

On 4/25/2016 at 9:43 PM, jwakeford said:

You can get it in blue as well K70 non RGB and K65 non RGB are available with Red or Blue backlighting 

Yes, but the blue backlighting is only with MX Reds. 

5 hours ago, mhonor said:

Yes, but the blue backlighting is only with MX Reds. 

Without a budget, I'd have to simply link you this list and let you check out each keyboard and choose one you like...

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/keyboard/#s=3&sort=a8&page=1&b=82,46,23,0

Only keyboards using Cherry Browns, Non-red backlight.

Additionally if you haven't used a Cherry-based keyboard before, I'd totally recommend checking out the knockoffs which are in many cases just about as good (switch wise) and thus the rest of the money can be spent more sensibly.

Like this keyboard for example...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B010M53SLU/?tag=pcpapi-20

Obvious K-70 knockoff, but hey if it feels good then go for it.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS