Apple's Product Lineup. WTAF is going on?

2 minutes ago, royalcrown said:

I agree that ALL the ipads should have pencil compatibility ! I'd just like to see a good android tablet with a full sized stylus, not crayon sized crap AND NO capacitive buttons at all.

I hear that, I like apple, own an Iphone as well as galaxy stuff. Apple still pisses me off as well. So does Samsung with their KNOX BS where rooting "breaks" your device and voids warranties.

yep.

i've honestly never used a warranty on anything, either from devices to computer parts. I am very careful with my stuff though and never really broken anything, but even if i did i would probably just get a new one or wait til next gen something

Just now, royalcrown said:

I agree that ALL the ipads should have pencil compatibility ! I'd just like to see a good android tablet with a full sized stylus, not crayon sized crap AND NO capacitive buttons at all.

I hear that, I like apple, own an Iphone as well as galaxy stuff. Apple still pisses me off as well. So does Samsung with their KNOX BS where rooting "breaks" your device and voids warranties.

a.) Yeah it would be interesting to like a Google Stylus that functioned like the MS Surface Pen and the Apple Pencil and worked on at least the Nexus devices. Cpacitive buttons don't bother me that much, I mean I liked the software buttons I had on my Moto G 2014, but I mean the Galaxy S6 isn't too bad either.

b.) Yeah, Knox is annoying and I wouldn't have minded finding a CM13 build for my SM-G920V (Verizon Galaxy S6) but with it not being a year yet. (I got it in November of last year) I don't want to void the warranty.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I had to put a case on my S7 just to make it useable at all because of the buttons. They are so sensitive now that you literally do not have to touch them. I also tried covering them up with plastic, tape and cardboard and they are so sensitive that they work through the materials. If there was a way to disable them outside of Samsungs game software I'd be super happy bout it. That and replace S Voice with Siri.

@royalcrown I guess I should mention that my Galaxy S6 has Marshmallow already but I mean it's still sort of touchwhiz-y even with the Google Now launcher. Though Samsung did tone touchwhiz back quite a bit from the Lollipop iteration of Touchwhiz.

1 minute ago, royalcrown said:

I had to put a case on my S7 just to make it useable at all because of the buttons. They are so sensitive now that you literally do not have to touch them. I also tried covering them up with plastic, tape and cardboard and they are so sensitive that they work through the materials. If there was a way to disable them outside of Samsungs game software I'd be super happy bout it. That and replace S Voice with Siri.

I have a case on my S6 since I've had it so I wouldn't know how sensitive the buttons actually are.

I don't bother with S Voice because I use Google Now. So much better.

@wcreek I used to HATE touchwiz, but it was pretty decent over marshmallow. They did a good job of overhauling it, I liked it and had some custom fonts and themes picked out that I wish I could use on IOS.

11 minutes ago, PeloyGeek said:

People think new "features" are worth it, meanwhile they don't even know the difference in displays or resolutions,but just think its better than android.

But oh well, i probably won't need a mac anytime soon, im happy with linux and windows, everyone can do their own thing in the end, its their money...

I wouldn't mind buying a Mac again. I've said this in other post that I did wish that Apple had better hardware for their rMBP 15".

But agreed with that last bit.

10 minutes ago, PeloyGeek said:

i've honestly never used a warranty on anything, either from devices to computer parts. I am very careful with my stuff though and never really broken anything, but even if i did i would probably just get a new one or wait til next gen something

Same. Though I'm not going to risk it just to get that pure Android experience from CM13. Honestly the Marshmallow update on the S6 seems to be just fine since I just use the Google Now launcher.

15 hours ago, JPotze said:

And for the power users there is a mac pro. also not that difficult. who needs that speed knows what to choose. (and for corporate use, you always go for the best anyway)

Buy a custom desktop with windows. The mac pro has the guts from 2013 in it yet costs more than recent systems. Its very over priced and if you MUST have OS X just hackintosh at that point, go grab a 22 core xeon or soemthing

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

3 minutes ago, royalcrown said:

@wcreek I used to HATE touchwiz, but it was pretty decent over marshmallow. They did a good job of overhauling it, I liked it and had some custom fonts and themes picked out that I wish I could use on IOS.

Yeah Touchwiz was horrid back in the day. I just use the default font and size.

Touchwiz on Lollipop was pretty decent, though if I had to I could live with it on both Lollipop and Marshmallow (much better on Marshmallow though).

1 minute ago, rtpb5642 said:

Buy a custom desktop with windows. The mac pro has the guts from 2013 in it yet costs more than recent systems. Its very over priced and if you MUST have OS X just hackintosh at that point, go grab a 22 core xeon or soemthing

I gotta agree with you. Apple Needs to make a real MAC PRO that isn't a trashcan, and drop the price a bit. After that give the Imac some Kaby Lake / GTX 980 style upgrading. The Macbook pro should be a little thicker so as to have BETTER cooling and at least a 970 if mot 980m (and not overheating/throttling).

1 minute ago, royalcrown said:

I gotta agree with you. Apple Needs to make a real MAC PRO that isn't a trashcan, and drop the price a bit. After that give the Imac some Kaby Lake / GTX 980 style upgrading. The Macbook pro should be a little thicker so as to have BETTER cooling and at least a 970 if mot 980m (and not overheating/throttling).

Yes.

I agree, Apple really needs to get their crap and order and make stuff that not just a small group of average Joe's and Suzie's with a little extra money to burn or a prosumer who doesn't care too much about GPU performance would like and make something that shakes the Windows camp up a little bit.

It's perfectly fine if Apple wants to keep that form factor but I'd hope that they would be willing to make it maybe a little larger to fit in better cooling for better GPU(s) and a better CPU.

It'd be awesome to see a Broadwell-EP CPU or Broadwell-E or Skylake-E CPU in the Mac Pro with like GPUs that can game and do content creation.

It'd also be awesome to see a MacBook Pro that could play OS X or Bootcamp Windows games at native resolution with at least high settings getting no less than 30FPS.

Of course this would probably not happen. At least for quite some time or ever.

3 hours ago, wcreek said:

Display wise, the Galaxy S6 wins hands down because it's using AMOLED

I'm gonna give my honest opinion: never liked the AMOLED screens. They've always looked extremely awkward and odd, and just look... ugh, in my opinion.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm gonna give my honest opinion: never liked the AMOLED screens. They've always looked extremely awkward and odd, and just look... ugh, in my opinion.

Yeah my S6 has an AMOLED screen, I like it I mean it was weird getting used to but I think I like more than LCD and LED displays.

Though it's so nice when you get used to it. The colors are sharp and vibrant. The blacks are blacker. (That sounds mildly racist... let me rephrase that...) the display is able to turn of individual pixels so there is no backlight bleed so it looks really nice when displaying dark or black things.

Just now, wcreek said:

The blacks are blacker.

Good thing I can take things with context, unlike half of the rest of this shithole we call the USA.

As for the rest, maybe it might be something I gotta get used to. But as of now, it just looks really awkward to me.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Good thing I can take things with context, unlike half of the rest of this shithole we call the USA.

As for the rest, maybe it might be something I gotta get used to. But as of now, it just looks really awkward to me.

Yeah, that's one interesting thing about the "Good ol' US of A" is that things that weren't meant to be racist are then purported to be racist and taken out of its original context. 
This is certainly a different subject matter though. 

I actually prefer the more muted colors of IPS LCD over the AMOLED, but that's just my preference. I know 97.3 percent of earth population will think I have a loose screw on that one. 

Yeah...Apple needs to pull some shit like Samsung just did with the S7, it's the best phone you can get ATM. Apple needs to get fired up and build stuff enthusiasts want at their current prices. It might be worth the Apple tax if their stuff was cutting edge.

that was the day OP learned Apple product line makes no fucking sense...

I think they are planning to streamline it. I didn't read posts passed the first page but didn't Apple say they are going to remove the air and stick with that other skinny one with the one port? 

And they're probably going to stop production on some of the older iPads this year. They should just stick with 3. The low-end mini, the med tier Air, and the big ass Pro.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

On 4/20/2016 at 0:58 PM, LAwLz said:

I like how you say no other OS comes close, and then only lists things that are available both on Windows and GNU/Linux.

But please enlighten me. In what way is OS X so superior to the alternatives when it comes to software development that the other OSes are left in the dust?

My bad on not giving specific details. What I've had in mind is that the atom editor works much better on OS X than other platforms, especially windows, at least from my experience. About node and rails, those have much better tools available and I see a lot of them are OS X only. For example, Dash is a must have for me since it allows very simple docs lookup and offers great integrations inside editors and my favourite, Alfred. Of course there are alternatives on other OSes, but nothing works quite the same and I like dash better. Another thing is that the super key (or the "Windows key"), which is called Cmd on mac, is being utilized for useful shortcuts, unlike the windows. This offers much more usable shortcut combos. 
I could go on and on and you could provide an alternative on the other OS, but for me, it's all neatly packaged into one OS, it works great and to top it off, mbp is light enough to be easily carried around and offers long battery life so I don't have to drag the charger along all the time. Also keep in mind that I have specifically pointed out that I had web development in mind. For some software development areas, for example the embedded systems or *nix kernel, it's probably not the best choice available. I was also saying that is my reason why I've bought it, so me saying that it's better is just my opinion, not a fact that should hold true for every person on this planet.