Is there such thing has a dual 3.5mm combiner?

thetimeis2

No we all know about those AUX cable splitters that you get for your phone or iPod or whatever that split one 3.5mm output into two, letting you share your music and whatnot with your friends. I used to have the opposite issue, in a way, and I never really got around to asking- is there a device that will take two 3.5mm outputs, say from both your Xbox and PC, so you can Skype while you game, and merge them into one? It was really annoying to have to wear one part of two headphones to try and combine both tasks- ask well as the fact that it screws with your ability to hear both things, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people with this problem. If this doesn't exist, I think this could be a HUGE seller, possibly just as big as it's opposite cousin. If it doesn't exist, and you make it, I get royalties :). But does this already exist?

5 minutes ago, thetimeis2 said:

No we all know about those AUX cable splitters that you get for your phone or iPod or whatever that split one 3.5mm output into two, letting you share your music and whatnot with your friends. I used to have the opposite issue, in a way, and I never really got around to asking- is there a device that will take two 3.5mm outputs, say from both your Xbox and PC, so you can Skype while you game, and merge them into one? It was really annoying to have to wear one part of two headphones to try and combine both tasks- ask well as the fact that it screws with your ability to hear both things, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people with this problem. If this doesn't exist, I think this could be a HUGE seller, possibly just as big as it's opposite cousin. If it doesn't exist, and you make it, I get royalties :). But does this already exist?

I know they exist; I think that the astro MIXAMP does that. Not sure though

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

2 minutes ago, thetimeis2 said:

what your searching for is an audio mixer. every streamer has one of these

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

5 minutes ago, ChrisCross said:

what your searching for is an audio mixer. every streamer has one of these

You could technically do this with a splitter, and they do exist, but you would lose volume control.As ChrisCross said, a mixer would be the best choice.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

But a mixamp is like, $50 minimum. Is there a cheaper solution? Volume control can be done on both devices independently.

yeah its called a 3.5mm splitter

except you buy one with two male one female plugs instead of one male two female

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, thetimeis2 said:

That's $65 tho

Oh well in my defense you didn't state a budget, and the one I linked you has great reviews. This one gives you the ability to control the audio also, a simple cable you will run into problems. How much are you willing to spend?

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, Orangeator said:

Oh well in my defense you didn't state a budget, and the one I linked you has great reviews. This one gives you the ability to control the audio also, a simple cable you will run into problems. How much are you willing to spend?

Well I found a budget one for like $2. They do have them, you just search for a splitter with two male ends, instead of two female. It works.

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

i'm guessing not more than 20$? seems like a pretty normal budget

I'm just glad I don't need it anymore because the only inexpensive ones would probably be trash xD

1 minute ago, thetimeis2 said:

I was looking for two male to one female, that's the opposite.

Just now, Orangeator said:

Haha, I think you misread his post. :/ 

I very much did

Ive heard of these http://electronicsusa.com/mk1and2.html but they are overpriced af

If you are have decent at soldering you can make your own

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

Haha, I think you misread his post. :/ 

I didn't. Maybe I said it wrong, I want two computers to one set of headphones. That puts one computer to two sets of headphones.

Just now, thetimeis2 said:

I didn't. Maybe I said it wrong, I want two computers to one set of headphones. That puts one computer to two sets of headphones.

Oh okay you were talking to him nvm

Just now, thetimeis2 said:

Btw the 690 isn't better than the 980, it's about the same. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-980-vs-GeForce-GTX-690

GPU boss is an extremely inaccurate way of comparing GPUs

The 690 gets 16000 in firestrike while a 980 only gets around 13000

In games like crysis 3 it has a 20 fps lead

I am not going to go into detail if you want to discuss this send me a PM https://linustechtips.com/main/messenger/compose/?to=95785 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Thanks for the help and suggestions you guys, I think this really sums it up.

-Get a mixamp for quality

-Get a $3 cord for budget

-Both exist, work, and are for the most part inexpensive, but there are other things to consider

Personally as someone who has had a similar issue. (Split audio outputs for separate audio files during recording) I have used both the Astro Mixamp and now a professional mixamp. The Astro mixamp is alright. Not really worth it for the money and it also has some bad audio issues when changing volumes. Whenever I rotated the volume wheel it would sometimes effect which side of my headphones got more audio.. But for the purpose of mixing audio it was great.

You could use it to receive audio from your Xbox via the optical jack and the PC audio either by the 3.5mm cable or the USB input/power.

But, if you wanted/could afford it. I highly recommend a good budget mixamp for this purpose. As it also allows for individual volume control on each source and often you can plug in more devices. 

As I can plug my phone (Spotify), my Xbox and my PC into the Mixamp and receive the single in one set of headphones. 

This is the current one I am running: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/music-production/interfaces/ag/ag06/

But this is a great budget option as well: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J5UEGQ/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000J5UEGQ&linkCode=as2&tag=bestprodtag58186-20

That's just my 2cents on the matter though :)

You could just buy your cheap $2 audio combiner and be done with it as well though :D