Obi-Wan-Shinobi

big_lilo

One of my favorite on the forum. Love it. Great work mate

I kinda fell in love with the name and the build is just beautiful.......... *fangirl mode activate* :wub:

That's awesome :) Thanks guys! 

I plan on upgrading a few things in the summer time :) Should be good!

Check out my Rigs: Obi-Wan Shinobi & HTPC: The Dark Prodigy

nice work. i hope my build looks that good some day. Be proud of it!!!

Took the tooless HDD holder from the cage and two-way taped it and used a screw (I will screw it in all 4 corners once I rip my rig apart one day.. but I promise you... with the 3M tape, it aint going anywhere) 

Damn that is a clever idea! Why hasn't anyone else done that? Everyone puts their SSDs in the back of the motherboard, but why not the 3,5" drives also? :) Only thing, how is the cooling there?

|OscillosC Build|+ Raspberry Pi [NAS] + Another G5 + Personal + HTPC: Asus Z87-A - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5ghz 1.15v - Noctua NH-D14 - Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC @ 1170mhz core- Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz CL9 - Samsung 840 PRO 128Gb SSD for Windows- Kingston V300 120gb for Ubuntu- WD Caviar Black 1Tb For games and programs - WD Caviar Green 2Tb For videos, photos, music, and backups- Seasonic P660 XP2 Platinum - Windows 8.1 PRO - Ubuntu 14.04 - Modded Bitfenix Ghost

Damn that is a clever idea! Why hasn't anyone else done that? Everyone puts their SSDs in the back of the motherboard, but why not the 3,5" drives also? :) Only thing, how is the cooling there?

Cooling is great :) I have the D5 pump speed set to about two and a half and all fans at around 1000-1300 RPM and my coolant hovers around the 25 degree mark :) (Basic PC usage) While gaming I turn up my fans to 2200 RPM Mark

my GPU's at full load usally stay around the 45-50ish degree mark maybe even lower I dont recall exactly 

Just make sure you have enough room behind the Mobo tray to mount the HDD and still be able to close the lid :) One great feature about having full size cases! like 2.5" clearance :)

Cooling is great :) I have the D5 pump speed set to about two and a half and all fans at around 1000-1300 RPM and my coolant hovers around the 25 degree mark :) (Basic PC usage) While gaming I turn up my fans to 2200 RPM Mark

my GPU's at full load usally stay around the 45-50ish degree mark maybe even lower I dont recall exactly 

Just make sure you have enough room behind the Mobo tray to mount the HDD and still be able to close the lid :) One great feature about having full size cases! like 2.5" clearance :)

Sounds good :) But the thing i really meant (not clearly enough said :D) is that how cool does that drive stay behind the mobo with no airflow? :)

|OscillosC Build|+ Raspberry Pi [NAS] + Another G5 + Personal + HTPC: Asus Z87-A - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5ghz 1.15v - Noctua NH-D14 - Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC @ 1170mhz core- Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz CL9 - Samsung 840 PRO 128Gb SSD for Windows- Kingston V300 120gb for Ubuntu- WD Caviar Black 1Tb For games and programs - WD Caviar Green 2Tb For videos, photos, music, and backups- Seasonic P660 XP2 Platinum - Windows 8.1 PRO - Ubuntu 14.04 - Modded Bitfenix Ghost

Sounds good  :) But the thing i really meant (not clearly enough said  :D) is that how cool does that drive stay behind the mobo with no airflow?  :)

That's a very good question LOL I haven't monitored it yet... I don't push that drive too much any way... (To be honest I have it installed and ready but havent copied anything to it yet) but once I start using it I'll monitor temps on it :) I think it should be fine... I mean most external enclosures don't have good ventilation either

@big_lilo Do you have any problems mounting the hard drive like that? I plan to do something like that in my next build and was wondering if mounting it sideways works/causes any errors.

It's done in almost all NAS devices so it shouldn't be a problem.

@big_lilo Do you have any problems mounting the hard drive like that? I plan to do something like that in my next build and was wondering if mounting it sideways works/causes any errors.

No a single issue :) in past builds, I've installed HDD fully upside down and no issues... the IBM M4 servers I install at work (they use 2.5" HDD) also install side ways 

^ This :)

thanks, I see you're a bit new here, if you want to respond to someone hit the quote button so they get a notification :)

No a single issue :) in past builds, I've installed HDD fully upside down and no issues... the IBM M4 servers I install at work (they use 2.5" HDD) also install side ways 

^ This :)

Thanks

thanks, I see you're a bit new here, if you want to respond to someone hit the quote button so they get a notification :)

I personaly hate when people quote everything :P (but let's stay on topic).

Took out the Plexi Side panel window and put in a glass one that wont scratch while wiping dust of with a microfiber towel! lol

Crystal Glass cut the size I needed for 11 bucks :)

Yeah, plexi can be a bit annoying in that regard. I've been seriously thinking about

doing this with my build, but it'll still be a while until I get to that stage. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

• 4 months later...

IMG_20140810_235313_zps5cf0a5b0.jpg

I have had this rad for like 6 months and i FINALLY got around to installing it! haha got rid of the 240mm rad and installed a 2nd XSPC 360 rad.... also changed my PSU from the corsair 850 to Seasonic 750 X-Series Platinum (Kind of a downgrade actually haha but I got he PSU for a steal price & you cant go wrong with Seasonic)

More on that later.... Leak testing now

IMG_20140817_153850_zpsc5ba0138.jpg IMG_20140817_160944_zps3723f367.jpg

cut out my front panel for the new 360mm rad to breathe...

ordered this grill & filter for the front bezel...

ex-rad-614.jpg ffi-111.jpg

I ended up ordering a different 360mm rad aswell :S An Alphacool NexXxoS UT60

120164d1406658192-primo-impianto-liquido

bcuz it has a drain port in the bottom! it was a B-I-T--H to drain my rig specially with acrylic tubing and all my tubing being exposed I couldn't just add an inline drain without it looking hideous.

Also bought some Mayhems pastel - Ice White Concentrate

WC-054-MH_60436_350.jpg

lastly i ordered a 24 pin single sleeved PSU cable for my 760w seasonic X premium... all my other cables are single sleeved expect i had OEM 24 pin which i REALLY didn't want to deal with sleeving... done enough of it to know I hate doing it lol 

20130618_180022__45500_zoom.jpg

I do plan on upgrading my CPU, MOBO and Ram in the near future... or when ever x99 is out with DDR4 ram :) I think it will be a nice upgrade from x58 platform to x99!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's gorgeous...

Nice project, later i will watercool my pc as well...

• 2 weeks later...

Awsome to still see Shinobi´s alive out there :)

Work in this one is just blowing my mind, alot of attention to details!

I´m HP, the Bitfenix community rep. on LTT - Answering your questions about our products and hanging around in the forums!
Feel free to ask questions in the forums - Personal support issues/RMA -> support.bitfenix.com

i still have mine as my main case!  :)

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Thanks! Love this case :) you should probably check out the Prodigy build i did as well :)