Dark Souls 3 Help

Matt_Twinkletoes

So I have Dark Souls 3 and my friend wants to get it so we can play together. What is co-op like? And can you do co-op directly and progress through the story together? (say like you can in dead island)

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

Co-op is just summoning them in, but yes you can play the story like that.

and it's kinda better to have 2 people, because if someone invades you, well you have a better chance to kill the invader.

15 minutes ago, Matt_Twinkletoes said:

So I have Dark Souls 3 and my friend wants to get it so we can play together. What is co-op like? And can you do co-op directly and progress through the story together? (say like you can in dead island)

If you have never played dark souls, how it works is your friends would put down their summon signs in the area you are trying to playthrough and you would summon them. You would then play through the area and kill the boss at which point your friends would get souls (and other items depending on the covenant they are in) and then return to their own worlds. You would do this for each of your friends so that you can all complete the bosses in your own worlds. So if you have 2 friends that play with you then you would end up killing each boss 3 times.

The one thing most people find silly is that you have you resummon your friends in every new zone you progress to. There aren't any loading screens or anything for new zones but you will notice you can't summon friends in certain places and once you do have them summoned you can't leave the zone you're in.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

22 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

If you have never played dark souls, how it works is your friends would put down their summon signs in the area you are trying to playthrough and you would summon them. You would then play through the area and kill the boss at which point your friends would get souls (and other items depending on the covenant they are in) and then return to their own worlds. You would do this for each of your friends so that you can all complete the bosses in your own worlds. So if you have 2 friends that play with you then you would end up killing each boss 3 times.

The one thing most people find silly is that you have you resummon your friends in every new zone you progress to. There aren't any loading screens or anything for new zones but you will notice you can't summon friends in certain places and once you do have them summoned you can't leave the zone you're in.

what should I upgrade first when I level up? I'm playing as knight

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

1 hour ago, Matt_Twinkletoes said:

I can't remember names of the stats because I'm derping but if you notice you are running out of Estus Flasks then upgrade the stat that raises your HP the most and if you are pretty good at blocking and aren't taking a lot of dmg then upgrade the stat that raises your stamina so you can block more or upgrade your strength so you can do more damage.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

17 hours ago, Matt_Twinkletoes said:

Vigor for more HP and Endurance for more stamina to allow you to absorb more damage with a shield and allow you to run and attack more.

Upgrading your weapons at the blacksmith is much more important than putting stats into Strength and Dex at first as that gives you a much bigger damage boost than the bonus you get from leveling up your STR and DEX.

I'd only get your STR and DEX to the minimum amount needed to use the weapon/s you want at first.

6 hours ago, Snadzies said:

Vigor for more HP and Endurance for more stamina to allow you to absorb more damage with a shield and allow you to run and attack more.

Upgrading your weapons at the blacksmith is much more important than putting stats into Strength and Dex at first as that gives you a much bigger damage boost than the bonus you get from leveling up your STR and DEX.

I'd only get your STR and DEX to the minimum amount needed to use the weapon/s you want at first.

Hey, I realize this is supposed to be a hard game and all and I can't seem to get pissed off at it and keep trying again but I can't get past the high wall of vigor even though it's like the second level of the game. I can never also seem to keep souls long enough to even upgrade my character. Do you have any recommendations? Here is my character if it helps

1 hour ago, Matt_Twinkletoes said:

Hey, I realize this is supposed to be a hard game and all and I can't seem to get pissed off at it and keep trying again but I can't get past the high wall of vigor even though it's like the second level of the game. I can never also seem to keep souls long enough to even upgrade my character. Do you have any recommendations? Here is my character if it helps

If you haven't already, buy an item called the White Soap Stone, it is the item you use to do co-op.

Letting your self be summoned into other peoples world is a good way to earn souls to level up with.

The game is new and people are summoning others all the time so it should only take a couple minutes to get summoned into someone elses world and after a few times being summoned you should easily have enough souls for a few more levels or to spend on upgrading your weapons.

Do this a couple times in each area as you progress throughout the game and you shouldn't have too much trouble with souls.

I don't think you need to put too many more points into Vigor right now, 20 should be a good place to leave it for now, try putting points into Endurance.

Your character looks to be extremely heavy (95.3% weight) so I take it you favor blockling with a shield.

Endurance will very much help if that is the case as you will be able to absorb more hits with your shield before running out of stamina.

As you progress and pick up new shield look at their Stability rating.

Having higher Stability in a shield means when you block with that shield you lose less stamina meaning you can absorb even more hits and still have stamina left over for attacking or rolling.

8 hours ago, Snadzies said:

What is making my character so heavy? amour?

14 minutes ago, Matt_Twinkletoes said:

What is making my character so heavy? amour?

The biggest thing is you're carrying 3  weapons, a shield and a crossbow at the same time.

The Claymore is a Greatsword (though ones of the lighter ones) and the Pole Axe/Halberd I imagine isn't light either.

I don't know exactly what armor that is but I imagine it is a medium weight armor.

If you only equip a single weapon and shield at a time that will reduce your weight by a pretty noticeable amount.

If you can get your weight below 70% you should be in the medium weight class and have a noticeably faster run and roll.

7 minutes ago, Snadzies said:

The biggest thing is you're carrying 3  weapons, a shield and a crossbow at the same time.

The Claymore is a Greatsword (though ones of the lighter ones) and the Pole Axe/Halberd I imagine isn't light either.

I don't know exactly what armor that is but I imagine it is a medium weight armor.

If you only equip a single weapon and shield at a time that will reduce your weight by a pretty noticeable amount.

If you can get your weight below 70% you should be in the medium weight class and have a noticeably faster run and roll.

Next question :D how do i get the heal aid spell to work

16 minutes ago, Matt_Twinkletoes said:

Next question :D how do i get the heal aid spell to work

Equip a talisman in a weapon slot, I believe you can get one from the old lady merchant in firelink shrine.

On 4/17/2016 at 3:04 PM, Snadzies said:

Equip a talisman in a weapon slot, I believe you can get one from the old lady merchant in firelink shrine.

So recently I picked up a dark sword and apparently it's the best sword in the game. Should I infuse it with anything? If so should I infuse it with heavy, sharp, refined, raw, or fire? Also how to I equip a pyromancy spell?

13 hours ago, Matt_Twinkletoes said:

So recently I picked up a dark sword and apparently it's the best sword in the game. Should I infuse it with anything? If so should I infuse it with heavy, sharp, refined, raw, or fire? Also how to I equip a pyromancy spell?

Infuse the weapon with the gem that increases its stat scaling with the stat(s) you are leveling up, such as Heavy if you focus on strength only, or Refined if you go for strength and dexterity both. Pyromancy works like Sorcery and Miracles: go to a bonfire and Attune spells. To use Pyromancy you need to have the Pyromancy Flame "weapon" equipped. However, unlike other schools of magic, Pyromancy Flame is the only catalyst for it and must be upgraded at the Pyromancy trainer to increase spell power.

2 hours ago, Verne said:

Infuse the weapon with the gem that increases its stat scaling with the stat(s) you are leveling up, such as Heavy if you focus on strength only, or Refined if you go for strength and dexterity both. Pyromancy works like Sorcery and Miracles: go to a bonfire and Attune spells. To use Pyromancy you need to have the Pyromancy Flame "weapon" equipped. However, unlike other schools of magic, Pyromancy Flame is the only catalyst for it and must be upgraded at the Pyromancy trainer to increase spell power.

This is my character, what would you suggest?

14 minutes ago, Matt_Twinkletoes said:

This is my character, what would you suggest?

Heavy if you plan to focus on strength, Refined if you plan to keep strength and dexterity equal. Just go to the blacksmith and see which infusion gives more damage.