Should I buy this keyboard?

NotJude

So I currently have an old Microsoft keyboard I used to use on my Xbox (it was a dark time), but now I'm getting much more competitive with CS:GO and other games I think it's time for an upgrade, I wanted to buy the Razer Blackwidow X Chroma because it just appeals to me as a gamer, and I just wanted some of the LTT communities opinions.

Thanks for reading!

I wouldn't get that keyboard because of the switches and "gamer" feel. I dont know much about the X version but the original's build quality was not good. Dont fall for Razer's gaming marketing. The corsair strafe rgb or K70 are good keyboards if you want RGB lighting and have Cherry Mx switches. 

razer uses kailh keys which are basically cheap chinese rip offs of cherry keys

4 minutes ago, Savir said:

I wouldn't get that keyboard because of the switches and "gamer" feel. I dont know much about the X version but the original's build quality was not good. Dont fall for Razer's gaming marketing. The corsair strafe rgb or K70 are good keyboards if you want RGB lighting and have Cherry Mx switches. 

this

why the fuck do I have to confirm every single post that I agree with, I mean if someone says something I agree with, I'll end up saying

this

that

seriously what teh FOK

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

There's a Blackwidow X Ultimate with Cherry MX Blue switches for $90, which is not a bad deal if there are no quality issues with it. The Chroma version isn't worth the extra cost.

A well proven keyboard at that price range is the Corsair Strafe (RGB).

Do a research on different Cherry switches before making a purchase.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

23 hours ago, Haydenp10 said:

Well in my opinion you should get the  Razer BlackWidow Chroma as it has macro keys

macros are utterly useless for CS:GO.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I'd go tenkeyless or 60%.

More space for your mouse and mousepad is more important and will be more comfortable. 

3 hours ago, Jacona said:

I'd go tenkeyless or 60%.

More space for your mouse and mousepad is more important and will be more comfortable. 

In practice, it means more space for clutter to collect, and you end up with less space for your mouse xD

(I have no space, so I have to work on all of my projects at my desk, so I end up with very little space. My keyboards NEVER get covered though. But that's probably because I've spent between $300 and $800 on pretty much all of them...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

11 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

In practice, it means more space for clutter to collect, and you end up with less space for your mouse xD

(I have no space, so I have to work on all of my projects at my desk, so I end up with very little space. My keyboards NEVER get covered though. But that's probably because I've spent between $300 and $800 on pretty much all of them...

300-800 each or collectively?

Man if it's each then one of them must be like a full 107 zealios switch keyboard with 1976 keycaps. LOL.

I agree. Skip the Blackwidow. I have A corsair K70 RGB (browns) and Ica n tell you personally that this is a great keyboard. Great anodized finish, the lighting looks great in my opinion, wrist rest is very convenient and comfortable, and over all it is a very solid keyboard. Probably the best $250(CAD - yes its steep) that I have ever spent on literally anything - other than my actual pc parts. Anyway, check out this review for more a more in-depth look at it.

Use the following spec style and help us spread the revolution to the rest of LTT!

"Rylo Ken"

Screenaninator: Asus Strix GTX 970 

Procrastinator:Intel I7 4790K @4.0GHZ

Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX Fury (2x8)

Powermathingy: EVGA 650 GS Fully Modular

attachamajiggy: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

Remembrerthing: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB

Buttonboard: Corsair K70 RGB (browns)

Hearamagargle+talkamagargle: Logitech G35

See-A-Move-O: Logitech G502

15 hours ago, Jacona said:

300-800 each or collectively?

Man if it's each then one of them must be like a full 107 zealios switch keyboard with 1976 keycaps. LOL.

Each. And one of them is (will be) am LZ-RV which is a full size board, with zealio housings around Aristotle stems, and GMK Dolch, with gmk cmyk, and I'm going to be getting a custom cable just for that board. 

Oh, and just so that I don't wear out the gmk set, I'll have a full enjoypbt Hangul set for daily duties.. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

On 15/04/2016 at 3:59 PM, brune67 said:

I agree. Skip the Blackwidow. I have A corsair K70 RGB (browns) and Ica n tell you personally that this is a great keyboard. Great anodized finish, the lighting looks great in my opinion, wrist rest is very convenient and comfortable, and over all it is a very solid keyboard. Probably the best $250(CAD - yes its steep) that I have ever spent on literally anything - other than my actual pc parts. Anyway, check out this review for more a more in-depth look at it.

Reveal hidden contents

The K70 isnt for me, it is £200, and I prefer the whole Razer quality

7 hours ago, NotJude said:

Razer quality

Razer doesn't make quality. They make flashy.

Hey! New SIgnature!