Cheap gaming PC

Hey everyone!

I recently decided to build myself a PC because my laptop isn't enough. I include current parts list down below, please give me feedback on what to change and so on!

I'm mostly gaming on it so it can't be obviously too weak or too powerful. I'm mostly playing CS:GO and Grid Autosport, might also start playing GTA V, Need for Speed(2016) and maybe even Rust.

What parts would be in there? Well, I want 8-16 GB's of RAM in there, also the case would be NZXT S340 White and an SSD for windows would be cool as well!!! Nothing more I think. Also I would love to have black and white themed build.

Budget would be 700€, that's like 800 USD.

Current parts list:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme S 99.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Storage: Samsung  120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card 
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply 

You will probably want to upgrade your GPU in the future. Maybe you could run intergrated and wait a while to buy a 380 or something instead of that 950.

5 minutes ago, Summy said:

Should go skylake, and you should be getting a 380 with that budget, it's faster than a 960 even.

just buy your nice case later or something, same with the SSD

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/xP3Ypg
Price breakdown by merchant: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/xP3Ypg/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€200.97 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: MSI H110M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€73.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€34.58 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€48.98 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  (€187.86 @ Mindfactory)
Case: SHARKOON MA-M1000 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (€36.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€73.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €656.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-12 21:14 CEST+0200

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I think that if you are planning on playing GTA V, you should go for a GTX 970. It is a worthwhile investment, IMO.

I would suggest just to stick with the stock cooler or get a 212 evo, or the new 212x, and upgrade the psu to something more reliable,and the gpu to a 380, and downgrade the motherboard to a h97 if you can , a watercooler is pointless on a locked cpu since you cannot overclock, and better quieter fans would be cheaper.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

3 minutes ago, ronstig said:

You will probably want to upgrade your GPU in the future. Maybe you could run intergrated and wait a while to buy a 380 or something instead of that 950.

950 is enough for 1080 gaming at high, but not ultra settings. I agree with Ronstig, especially as you start playing games in the next few years, you are going to start regretting your choice today. 

3 minutes ago, akskl said:

I think that if you are planning on playing GTA V, you should go for a GTX 970. It is a worthwhile investment, IMO.

The 970 is not a worthwhile investment at all. It features just 3.5 gigs of VRAM, which is not future proof at all.

2 minutes ago, ronstig said:

The 970 is not a worthwhile investment at all. It features just 3.5 gigs of VRAM, which is not future proof at all.

OP doesn't have much of a budget to work with. According to @Streetguru 's part list, the leftover budget is €44.

5 minutes ago, ronstig said:

Thanks for making me feel bad with only 2GB of vram *Goes to cry somewhere*

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, Brennan_Price said:

Thanks for making me feel bad with only 2GB of vram *Goes to cry somewhere*

ROFL same... #RadeonHD6950

10 minutes ago, akskl said:

Even if nvidia does have a slight advantage in GTAV in general, you'd still want a 390 over a 970 given that it has more performance overall, and DX12 stuff, and free-sync, and all that.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Even if nvidia does have a slight advantage in GTAV in general, you'd still want a 390 over a 970 given that it has more performance overall, and DX12 stuff, and free-sync, and all that.

8 minutes ago, ronstig said:

Alright, alright, the 970 sucks. 3.5GB of VRAM isn't enough, and I understand that opinion.

5 minutes ago, akskl said:

ROFL same... #RadeonHD6950

same... 960 :( 

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb