Do you agree or disagree?

Brennan Price

Ok so I didnt quite know where to put this topic but I chose this one anyway.

Before you say, oh this looks like a weird video. It isnt. It is basically about a woman (Anita Sarkeesian) saying that most games are sexist mainly towards women/girls and that she wants things changed.

She had nearly $300,000 in total to do this research. Only to conclude something quite stupid...

Personally I think this guy is saying all the right things in this video, I totally agree with him. What do you think?

I wanna hear your views on this cuz Im bored tbh and I wanna see what others just think in general :)

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

3 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

saying that all games are feminist and that she wants things change.

Don't you mean sexist? Very different meaning. Also is this really general discussion or off topic? :o ?

2 minutes ago, Loleo said:

Don't you mean sexist? Very different meaning. Also is this really general discussion or off topic? :o ?

Hahaha, I hate it when I brain fart :)

I couldnt figure out if it was off topic or not cuz it is related to gaming on console and PC and stuff. There is no whole gaming section that isnt split into just PC and console and mobile on this forum though

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Just now, Brennan_Price said:

Hahaha, I hate it when I brain fart :)

I couldnt figure out if it was off topic or not cuz it is related to gaming on console and PC and stuff. There is no whole gaming section that isnt split into just PC and console and mobile etc.

Ah, Ok!

We now getting into beating a dead horse with a dead horse territory. 

This forums was around when GamerGate (fuck, I hate that term) began and when GamerGate went belly up. 

There is really nothing left to discuss.

Anita Sarkeesian an her ilk never had much credibility. What she is doing in her latest video (and all the other videos she has made) is basically a reverse analysis of the games as a medium. 

Instead of trying to understand what the games are saying, she is stating up front what the game is saying and doing her work from that. 

Basically, she is finding her evidence based on her conclusion, where we normally base our conclusion on the evidence we find. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 hour ago, Tech N Gamer said:

Anita Sarkeesian is nothing but a stupid person who has no credibility. Anybody who can disown her is a person I like.

I didn't watch the whole video, I found the guys nasally voice, and whiny but smug tone, just too unpleasant, but is the gist of this video that Anita bagged 300K for very little work? If so she doesn't seem stupid, she seems the embodiment of 'work smarter, not harder'.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

I didn't watch the whole video, I found the guys nasally voice, and whiny but smug tone, just too unpleasant, but is the gist of this video that Anita bagged 300K for very little work? If so she doesn't seem stupid, she seems the embodiment of 'work smarter, not harder'.

She tells blatant lies and fear mongers people to bend to her will. Well, it's not that severe, but she has a cult following of sorts. The reason we keep beating up on her is: She is influencing the younger generation into believing her idiotic ideology.

Have you seen those college cucks screaming about how oppressed they are? Yeah, those are Sarkeesian believers. They throw money at her in hopes of getting something in return, kinda like a prosperity preacher (give me money, and you'll be blessed infinitely!)

Her ideas are sexist and hateful, and she makes hundreds of thousands in the process of spreading her lies. She's been to the UN (yes, the United Nations) to cry about her "oppression," and Intel of America has given her tens of thousands.

In my opinion, she's just a scam artist. Eventually she'll quit while she's ahead, before karma catches up with her.

I used to be quite active here.

1 minute ago, ninninon said:

This is the problem with modern feminists  now, there are very few good ones that actually want equality not just ones that spending all their time bitching about how because a man that worked hard got a job and she didn't that that is unfair. Equality isn't about giving everyone an equal result it's about giving everyone an equal opportunity. 

The real Feminists are long gone. In America, women have the same rights as men, same opportunities, same everything. We don't need Feminism. At all. Now, there are countries that need Feminism, but Feminists are too scared to go there (since they'll probably be beheaded and have the film uploaded online.) I don't blame them for being scared. But, in the US/EU/CA/developedcountryhere we don't need it.

1 minute ago, ninninon said:

The male/female pay thing is just pure bullshit. I'm sorry, but it is. If you really were being payed less, then don't complain, do something about it. 

Exactly. In North America it's illegal to pay less or more based on gender, ethnicity, or other defining features. They get paid less on average because there are less working, and the ones that work either have lower paying jobs or they take maternity leave. The reason they'd be paid less for the same job? Because men ask for raises, and most women don't.

29 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

She calls video games and people who play video games sexist pigs. She complains she's being oppressed and she isn't. People bash on her because she is wanting a society that revolves around modern feminism. Feminism isn't what it used to be.

Brah, do you even Java?

1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

The real Feminists are long gone. In America, women have the same rights as men, same opportunities, same everything. We don't need Feminism. At all. Now, there are countries that need Feminism, but Feminists are too scared to go there (since they'll probably be beheaded and have the film uploaded online.) I don't blame them for being scared. But, in the US/EU/CA/developedcountryhere we don't need it.

Yes and no. But it's much like the race thing; there are perceived and real disparities between the majority and minority that create divides. There is definitely more that can be done, but compared to a lot of other places in the world, we're leaps and bounds ahead.

Just now, ninninon said:

The male/female pay thing is just pure bullshit. I'm sorry, but it is. If you really were being payed less, then don't complain, do something about it. 

Bullshit in that it's stupid that women get paid less than men? Women are still vastly underpaid compared to their male counterparts (hell, even HRC was paying her female staff less than the men..lulz). That's kind of fucked up. But I also agree with your second part, don't just bitch and moan that 'the system is against women,' go to your boss and demand equal pay.

I can't understand the idea that a minority group wants equality, by elevating the minority group above the majority. That's not how equality works. We're all human; some of us have dongers, some don't, some don't know what they want to have; who cares, let's just get along and get over petty differences like sex, gender, race and so on.

1 minute ago, Omon_Ra said:

Yes and no. But it's much like the race thing; there are perceived and real disparities between the majority and minority that create divides. There is definitely more that can be done, but compared to a lot of other places in the world, we're leaps and bounds ahead.

Bullshit in that it's stupid that women get paid less than men? Women are still vastly underpaid compared to their male counterparts (hell, even HRC was paying her female staff less than the men..lulz). That's kind of fucked up. But I also agree with your second part, don't just bitch and moan that 'the system is against women,' go to your boss and demand equal pay.

12 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

They get paid less on average because there are less working, and the ones that work either have lower paying jobs or they take maternity leave. The reason they'd be paid less for the same job? Because men ask for raises, and most women don't.

1 minute ago, Omon_Ra said:

Didn't see the second post til after I posted mine. oops

it's okay. I do that too sometimes :D

Again. Totally illegal for them to be paid less based on gender. They're paid less cause they don't assert themselves, or they take maternity leave, or they take vacations. There's lots of reasons, and none of them are "because they're a woman."

I have never heard of this topic before this is eye opening

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1 minute ago, Yoinkerman said:

I have never heard of this topic before this is eye opening

Yeah, totally agree that's why I made it. I just dont believe I have had so many replies on it though!

My Rig:

Paygap is a myth. Women, if given all the choices, they make choices that are more stereotypical to women.
Women on college campuses don't get raped or sexually assaulted to the same level as women in the Republic of Congo.

Black Lives Matter is a terrorist group... There is a race problem in America, BLM though is certainly not the solution.
BLM-s goals, although different reasoning are curiously similar to KKK goals.

Anita is a liar and a sharlatan. She does it for money and attention... but mostly money... it's her teleseminars advanced.

As a Cis (sort of Gender Fluid, but mostly Cis) White Gay Male, to some extent feminist (mostly Misandrist though) might still be like I'm part of the problem or something.

Anyways, I agree with what the guy who made that video.

Actually he pointed out something I hadn't noticed or thought about when Anita had mentioned those games.

How they're all rated ESRB M or PEGI 18.

I'm not sure how a gay man is a misogynist, just because I'm attracted to men/dicks means I'm some how automatically a misogynist. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

10 hours ago, wcreek said:

As a Cis (sort of Gender Fluid, but mostly Cis) White Gay Male, to some extent feminist (mostly Misandrist though) might still be like I'm part of the problem or something.

Anyways, I agree with what the guy who made that video.

Actually he pointed out something I hadn't noticed or thought about when Anita had mentioned those games.

How they're all rated ESRB M or PEGI 18.

I'm not sure how a gay man is a misogynist, just because I'm attracted to men/dicks means I'm some how automatically a misogynist. 

Don't you know that you are so prejudiced. Gay men not liking women just because they are women is sexism 101. You are not liking them just because of their gender.

You CIS-SCUM SHITLORD!

8 hours ago, kajar9 said:

Don't you know that you are so prejudiced. Gay men not liking women just because they are women is sexism 101. You are not liking them just because of their gender.

You CIS-SCUM SHITLORD!

Dude, I didnt make this post to start a fight.

My Rig: