450$ budget build

zehao39
5 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The answer is that you should buy a used PSU if, for whatever reason, you have to get something for 40 dollars. See if you can find a good deal for used listings of PSUs near you. Even if it's 20 dollars for a Corsair CX series you can get a better PSU down the road with the money you saved. Get something 400W + 

some people told me I should never buy a used PSU, should I just return it and get a used one?

2 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

some people told me I should never buy a used PSU, should I just return it and get a used one?

Wait, did you already get the EVGA? If so, keep it until you can afford a better PSU.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

5 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Wait, did you already get the EVGA? If so, keep it until you can afford a better PSU.

yes, it is on the way, will that power supply harm my computer ?

Just now, zehao39 said:

yes, it is on the way, will that power supply harm my computer ?

It's unlikely to, but stay away from overclocking and make sure your system has enough airflow and for the time being you're fine.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

12 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

I get that power supply on amazing so I can just return it easily as long as i do not open the box. Which power supply I should buy something under 40$

Send it back, and get one of these instead.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssp450rt

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550gts3x

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Or, OP, do this with that XFX cuz that's not a bad deal. The silver-box Seasonic units like the first option are generally not any better than equivalent EVGA 500B/CX series units however. The S12 is only a bit better than the CX and it trades blows with the Corsair CS.

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

Or, OP, do this with that XFX cuz that's not a bad deal. The silver-box Seasonic units like the first option are generally not any better than equivalent EVGA 500B/CX series units however. The S12 is only a bit better than the CX and it trades blows with the Corsair CS.

I thought the only corners the SSR-PT models cut were cable sleeving and the black paint job, and are virtually identical to the S12 series otherwise.

Does the S12 really trade blows with the CS series? As @don_svetlio likes to say, there's 'full Jap Caps' on every S12 unit- I'll be surprised if the CS series can boast the same high-quality components.

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

I thought the only corners the SSR-PT models cut were cable sleeving and the black paint job, and are virtually identical to the S12 series otherwise.

Does the S12 really trade blows with the CS series? As @don_svetlio likes to say, there's 'full Jap Caps' on every S12 unit- I'll be surprised if the CS series can boast the same high-quality components.

The S12 is made about the same I'm sure as the SSR-PT but like ugh, it's kinda ugly, the SSR is it not? And the S12 and CS do trade blows as the CS performs better electrically by a fair bit but does sacrifice a bit of quality while the S12 is an average performer and is made well.

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

The S12 is made about the same I'm sure as the SSR-PT but like ugh, it's kinda ugly, the SSR is it not? And the S12 and CS do trade blows as the CS performs better electrically by a fair bit but does sacrifice a bit of quality while the S12 is an average performer and is made well.

I'd sooner run a marathon with an ugly Ursula than run a sprint with a sexy Suzan if Ursula's got more heft in her step. 

Well, I can't run either way.

4 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

@Aereldor @STRMfrmXMN Will that be a good choice it I use a 600W PSU 

After the effort I and quite a few others went to tell you not to buy these and that wattage isn't everything, it feels like a bit of an insult to ignore all of what we said. We even recommended power supplies to suit your build.

If you can't afford something decent, either wait, or buy something used.

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

After the effort I and quite a few others went to tell you not to buy these and that wattage isn't everything, it feels like a bit of an insult to ignore all of what we said.

I just have a really low budget, and I do understand what  you guys talk about. I am not planing to do anything like overclock I think it should be fine.

PS: really think for what you guys advice , hope you guys have a good night

2 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

I just have a really low budget, and I do understand what  you guys talk about. I am not planing to do anything like overclock I think it should be fine.

PS: really think for what you guys advice , hope you guys have a good night

It's 10 AM where I live, mate. @STRMfrmXMN is in Oregon, so it's probably appropriate for him.

Get the EVGA power supply if you want to, but you're only saving like $20 over the XFX TS or the Seasonic S12II / SSR-PT, and you could probably find a used Antec Earthwatts 500 or something for cheaper.

I'm not going to tell you what to do. If you want to buy something, go ahead and buy it. However, I don't see the point in asking us if something's a good idea when we already told you that it isn't.

26 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

@Aereldor @STRMfrmXMN Will that be a good choice it I use a 600W PSU 

as.JPG

Why not the aforementioned XFX TS gold unit? It's quite a bit better and not much more money and you can keep the EVGA for a bit while you save up for the eventual XFX.