450$ budget build

zehao39

Pretty good for the price.

Might be a better idea to ask BEFORE you order anything next time.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

4 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Pretty good for the price.

Might be a better idea to ask BEFORE you order anything next time.

I was too exciting for order the part I just forget I should post it first 

I am really worry about if the gpu or cpu just do not work

meh, you could have gone with a new skylake chip for 15 bucks more (already comes with a cooler)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BM4Wxr

should perform pretty much the same in games (passmark multi score is 5800 vs 5500, but the i3 has vastly better single core performance), generational improvements do stack up.

5 minutes ago, robotsalad said:

GTX 950 might have been a better choice.

why 950? GTX 770 is same as GTX 960?

it's nearly as good and doesn't require power adapters. could've gotten a much smaller form factor pc and put the money you saved into higher quality parts. i'm not an expert but that's what I would have done. i think you did well if you plan to get another 770 to SLI in the future

10 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

why 950? GTX 770 is same as GTX 960?

It isn't. The GTX 770 actually performs better than the 960, believe it or not. It's a very good call, and an absolute steal for $150. Well done.

The only problem is that NVidia antiquates their older cards due to support quickly becoming lackluster or disappearing altogether. However, the 770 is recent enough not to suffer from this just yet. 

That being said, your power supply is a bit of a risk factor. @STRMfrmXMN- does his EVGA KR get the all-clear?

6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

It isn't. The GTX 770 actually performs better than the 960, believe it or not. It's a very good call, and an absolute steal for $150. Well done.

The only problem is that NVidia antiquates their older cards due to support quickly becoming lackluster or disappearing altogether. However, the 770 is recent enough not to suffer from this just yet. 

That being said, your power supply is a bit of a risk factor. @STRMfrmXMN- does his EVGA KR get the all-clear?

Lol no.

Better PSU for a GTX 770 @zehao39. The EVGA 750B2 is excellent quality and has enough wattage for three 770s in SLI so I'd grab that. It usually costs less than $70 USD.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

7 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Lol no.

Better PSU for a GTX 770 @zehao39. The EVGA 750B2 is excellent quality and has enough wattage for three 770s in SLI so I'd grab that. It usually costs less than $70 USD.

Or a Seasonic S12II 520. That's usually $50, isn't it?

I though my pus is enough for this build. And i do not think the sli will worth it because it only have 2 gb of ram.

psu2.JPG

1 hour ago, robotsalad said:

it's nearly as good and doesn't require power adapters. could've gotten a much smaller form factor pc and put the money you saved into higher quality parts. i'm not an expert but that's what I would have done. i think you did well if you plan to get another 770 to SLI in the future

For some reason I post another post for gtx770 . Some people say I should get a r9 280 which is cheaper and have more horse power.

2 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

For some reason I post another post for gtx770 . Some people say I should get a r9 280 which is cheaper and have more horse power.

You got a good deal on the 770 so I think you did well. A new 280 is near $250 US.

1 hour ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

That being said, I assume you aren't recommending that anyone SLI 3 770s ;)

33 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

I though my pus is enough for this build

Not all pus's are built equally. Two might advertise the same wattage, but, for example, one might have a low temperature tolerance, or not regulate the voltage well (allowing it to fluctuate can damage components)

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

7 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

That being said, I assume you aren't recommending that anyone SLI 3 770s ;)

Not all pus's are built equally. Two might advertise the same wattage, but, for example, one might have a low temperature tolerance, or not regulate the voltage well (allowing it to fluctuate can damage components)

I thought evga is a good company for power supply, and it is 80+(well it is not bronze) and my computer are only use 400W at it top. 

42 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

I though my pus is enough for this build. And i do not think the sli will worth it because it only have 2 gb of ram.

2 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

I thought evga is a good company for power supply, and it is 80+(well it is not bronze) and my computer are only use 400W at it top. 

It's hard to understand for someone who's new to this, but EVGA has a bad power supply for each good one they produce. The 80+ 'KR' series power supply you chose is undoubtedly the worst of the lot. Voltage regulation, temperature tolerance, the quality of the capacitors, bridge rectifier, and other components- even the workmanship of the power supply. @STRMfrmXMN found a 'Hydrance by Seasonic' power supply that had been put together almost entirely with Fevicol.

In short, EVGA is a good company for power supplies, but they also make some pretty poor power supplies. With the KR 430w model you chose, I'd try and stay below 330w if I could help it. 400 is already pushing it.

Two brands you can always trust are Seasonic and Super Flower. The only exception is their sister OEM companies, which aren't great- such as the aforementioned 'Hydrance' power supplies.

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

It's hard to understand for someone who's new to this, but EVGA has a bad power supply for each good one they produce. The 80+ 'KR' series power supply you chose is undoubtedly the worst of the lot. Voltage regulation, temperature tolerance, the quality of the capacitors, bridge rectifier, and other components- even the workmanship of the power supply. @STRMfrmXMN found a 'Hydrance by Seasonic' power supply that had been put together almost entirely with Fevicol.

In short, EVGA is a good company for power supplies, but they also make some pretty poor power supplies. With the KR 430w model you chose, I'd try and stay below 330w if I could help it. 400 is already pushing it.

Two brands you can always trust are Seasonic and Super Flower. The only exception is their sister OEM companies, which aren't great- such as the aforementioned 'Hydrance' power supplies.

I choose the the 500W one, is that okay for my build? I begin really worry about my build now. 

1 minute ago, zehao39 said:

I choose the the 500W one, is that okay for my build? I begin really worry about my build now. 

My mistake, I'm used to people getting the absolute cheapest version when they buy that.

@STRMfrmXMN- it's not great, but it's a damn sight better than bundled power supplies and he's only pushing 80% of its capacity at load. Do you think it's a better idea to try and sell it and get a better power supply?

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

My mistake, I'm used to people getting the absolute cheapest version when they buy that.

@STRMfrmXMN- it's not great, but it's a damn sight better than bundled power supplies and he's only pushing 80% of its capacity at load. Do you think it's a better idea to try and sell it and get a better power supply?

I get that power supply on amazing so I can just return it easily as long as i do not open the box. Which power supply I should buy something under 40$

10 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

6 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

I get that power supply on amazing so I can just return it easily as long as i do not open the box. Which power supply I should buy something under 40$

The answer is that you should buy a used PSU if, for whatever reason, you have to get something for 40 dollars. See if you can find a good deal for used listings of PSUs near you. Even if it's 20 dollars for a Corsair CX series you can get a better PSU down the road with the money you saved. Get something 400W + 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||