Recommended Power Supply? [Again]

KelhamUK

In my last post I don't think I specified enough what I was going to use my PC for and what I plan to upgrade in the future.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/xdZGvK 

Above is my link to my build and I am using it for gaming. I'm not going to overclock or run graphics cards in SLI, I will be upgrading my graphics card however it'll be the x60 or x70 of whatever generation of GTX's are out (so 960 or 970 right now) and I heard the new GTX's are going to have lower power consumption.

What power supply would you recommend? 

EVGA or Be quiet! are my picks.

"Simple Yet Complex" 

1 minute ago, GoZone said:

EVGA or Be quiet! are my picks.

How much watt? Do you recommend 500w as well?

500W should be enough, but don't go overkill though.

"Simple Yet Complex" 

5 minutes ago, GoZone said:

500W should be enough, but don't go overkill though.

8 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

500+W PSU from XFX, the Antec HGC line, Seasonic and Super Flower. Also, the G2/GQ/GS/B2 lines from EVGA.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/XFX-Series-Bronze-Power-Supply/dp/B01AK9NPCA?ie=UTF8&keywords=500w%20xfx&qid=1460041928&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

XFX XT Series 500W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply

Will that be good for my build?

A quality 450w can power that system with an 970. While it isn't the best unit in the world (usage of CapXon and a sleeved bearing fan), the Corsair CS450M is a decent gold rated unit that is DC-DC regulated is not badly price interestingly enough (about £28 cheaper than the 550w model). http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cs450m

In a electrical standpoint, it will offer the best voltage regulation at that price point (when comparing to other units on PCPP).

What's your budget, btw?

I would go with a Seasonic unit (many PSU manufacturers actually base their PCB designs off of Seasonic), Corsair, Antec, Cooler Master, EVGA, Silverstone and XFX all make excellent, well built power supplies. The risks of a cheap power supply aren't worth it. They can die, taking out other components with them, they can cause electrical fires...it's just nasty.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

2 minutes ago, kimsejin5 said:

I would go with a Seasonic unit (many PSU manufacturers actually base their PCB designs off of Seasonic), Corsair, Antec, Cooler Master, EVGA, Silverstone and XFX all make excellent, well built power supplies. The risks of a cheap power supply aren't worth it. They can die, taking out other components with them, they can cause electrical fires...it's just nasty.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/XFX-Series-Bronze-Power-Supply/dp/B01AK9NPCA?ie=UTF8&keywords=500w%20xfx&qid=1460041928&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Is this a well built power supply that won't cause an electrical fire?

What is your budget because XFX, I don't trust too much on that, I think fits a cheap build then get a EVGA 450W power supply.

"Simple Yet Complex" 

Just now, KelhamUK said:

That looks good to me. Personally, while i'd trust any and all of those brands with my PC, if I was building another rig, I'd go with an Antec EarthWatts for budget, Corsair (AX-series or HX-series) for performance, Seasonic (cheaper grey unit that won't explode), or EVGA for all around.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

Just now, GoZone said:

What is your budget because XFX, I don't trust too much on that, I think fits a cheap build then get a EVGA 450W power supply.

£45 from Amazon is my budget for a power supply

4 minutes ago, KelhamUK said:

I would take the VPF450 or CS450M over that unit, TBH.

I had talked about it here briefly. And some post below it shows that it uses questionable caps. The CS450M will offer better efficiency, better voltage regulation at a wider range of loads (the XT is a group-regulated design), and modularity.

3 minutes ago, KelhamUK said:

It's an acceptable budget unit that will power your system.

My previous comment stands with this unit as well.