Does anyone even use the travel bags you get with your headphones?

HesselGamed

I always see people getting Travel bags with their new headphones. But are they even practical? I mean if i take my headphones on the go i just taje them without the bag. I think they are overrated.

i used all my headphone pouch, hard case or cloth bag (not sure if thats the travel bag you mentioned)

for either my IEM or on-ears

its just so my headphones dont get scratched/stained

and to protect my wires from bending at extreme angles or getting pulled out by accident

edit:

forgot to mention that i do this because my headphones are quite expensive `-`
if i ever buy a cheap headphone that doesnt come with a pouch, prolly gonna just toss it into a bag compartment without anything else inside lol

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, HesselGamed said:

I always see people getting Travel bags with their new headphones. But are they even practical? I mean if i take my headphones on the go i just taje them without the bag. I think they are overrated.

I use the bag to hold my table tennis paddles...but its too much of a bother to shove the headphones and cable into it

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

i used all my headphone pouch, hard case or cloth bag (not sure if thats the travel bag you mentioned)

for either my IEM or on-ears

its just so my headphones dont get scratched/stained

and to protect my wires from bending at extreme angles or getting pulled out by accident

Yea i meant headphone pouch. But ok, interesting...

Just now, I am an SSD said:

I use the bag to hold my table tennis paddles...but its too much of a bother to shove the headphones and cable into it

See i know i am not the only one.

Just now, HesselGamed said:

See i know i am not the only one.

The bag is nice to have though....useful for smaller items

Spoiler

Just now, I am an SSD said:

The bag is nice to have though....useful for smaller items

indeed, it is. I always use them to put my collection of usb drives in with information that important for me but useless for anyone else.

Yes. I use them to hold headphones, passport/documents and tablet. Is generally the only thing I take onto a plane with me, since once the headphones are out, everything fits nicely into the seat pocket.

Untitled2.png

9 minutes ago, HesselGamed said:

Depends on the heapdhones, for my IEMs that were like £180, if they are not in my pocket, they go in the hard case that came with them, I just wrap them up and chuck them in the case and into my bag

for my over ears, I put them in the case if they are going into a bag, as they just get smashed around when you drop the bag etc, and I dont want to wreck like £300 headphones

for cheap iems like £30, i just throw them in the bag

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just now, Dredgy said:

Yes. I use them to hold headphones, passport/documents and tablet. Is generally the only thing I take onto a plane with me, since once the headphones are out, everything fits nicely into the seat pocket.

thanks for the idea :) 

Spoiler

If I had something that was suitable for travel other than my m50, bluebuds, RE 400i, JVC HA S400 and was more expensive I would use it. I sometimes use the case I got for the bluebuds and the RE 400i but most times I just wrap them up and  put them into my pocket.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I had a nice little pouch for my IEMs, and a pouch that came with my Sony MDR-7506 headphones-used both, though I used the Sony pouch more-for a more expensive set(relatively) I tend to want to protect them if possible, regardless of how durable they may be. Also, maybe this may not be the case for other headphones, but with the really long cord on the 7506, a pouch is nice for transporting them, so it doesn't get caught in anything else. Another thing the pouch was nice for was so that I could clip it to a carabiner on my belt loop if I wasn't wearing cargo pants.

I have a solid case for my headphones, but that sits in a pelican case with a load of other stuff like computers and tools.
The headphones which I use with my main computer rig have a case and when moving my rig I put them in the case and move them but when not in use its in a cupboard.
My little headphones I use with my phone get rammed in my pocket and are built well so take a beating.

The Dick of the audio page!

I would love to find a hard case that can have my HE 560 in it or I could just use the fake leather box it came with.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I use mine as a dust cover for my AT2020 mic. I do think they are quite useful though for headphones with removable cables to keep the headphones and cables together. 

Headphones:

Spoiler

Sony MDR V6 (DT 250 pads), restored 1987 AKG K240M 600ohm (Cosmos pads with dt250 filters), AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohm, Bose Ae2 & Sony MDR v150. All off of a Bravo V2 shuguang tube, Little Dot mkII with GE JAN 5654 tubes, a CEntrance Dacport slim and a UCA222.

PC:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z170s
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix (white)
  • GPU
    Asus 1070 Strix OC
  • Case
    Phanteks P400
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 pro, Seagate barracuda 1tb
  • PSU
    Evga G1 650W (regret)
  • Display(s)
    Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1920x1080 60hz 5ms & ASUS PB277Q 27" 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Captain 240EX white
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G810
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 (switching to linux soon)

Back when I had my HiFiMan RE-400 IEMs, I used the small case included to carry they around because when I purchased them, everyone agreed they sounded great, but they lacked durability, so I stayed extra cautious with them. 6-months later, they break anyway, even though I babied them.

Now, I've got Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears that feels tough and have sat tough, I've had them for nearly a year and have had no issues, except, well, I lost one of the medium sized buds in my room, and I can't find it, even after reorganizing my entire room. Kind of wish I kept that carrying case just because of that, but I might contact Sennheiser to see if they could help.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.