GTC 2016:Nvidia Pascal

SSP_79_575px.JPG

The NVIDIA

® Tesla® P100 is purpose-built as the most advanced data center accelerator ever. It taps into an innovative new GPU architecture to deliver the world's fastest compute node with higher performance than hundreds of slower commodity compute nodes. Lightning-fast nodes powered by Tesla P100 accelerate time-to-solution for the world's most important challenges that have infinite compute needs in HPC and deep learning.

Nvidia has announced their Tesla P100 graphic accelerator based on the newest Pascal architecture. The chip houses 15.3 billion transistors, built on the 16nm FinFET process, 16GB of CoWoS HBM2 stacked memory, giving a total memory bandwidth of 720 GB/s. With Nvidia's GPU Boost Technology, the Tesla P100 can achieve

* 5.3 TeraFLOPS double-precision performance with NVIDIA GPU Boost

* 10.6 TeraFLOPS single-precision performance with NVIDIA GPU Boost

* 21.2 TeraFLOPS half-precision performance with NVIDIA GPU Boost

And its NVLink provides up to 160 GB/s interconnect between the gpus. Other features includes ECC and server optimization.

Nvidia's Pascal architecture it's said to support their upcoming cuDNN v5  (CUDA Deep Neural Network or cuDNN) library. This new update includes the following:

• High Performance Deep Neural Network Training
  • Accelerates Deep Learning: Caffe, CNTK, Tensorflow, Theano, Torch
  • Performance continues to improve over time

The cuDNN v5 library, available sometime in April, with the Pascal architecture should improve Deep Learning and AI performance, compare to its predecessor by 70%.

Sadly, there is no Pascal announcement on the consumer side.  Maybe we'll get that, probably 2 months later, during Computex?

Source

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gpu-deep-neural-ai-performance/

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-tesla-p100-gp100-gpu/

Tesla P100

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tesla-p100.html

Deep Learning

https://developer.nvidia.com/deep-learning

Pic credit

http://anandtech.com/show/10225/the-nvidia-gtc-2016-live-blog

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 hours and 15 mins till it starts :P

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Nvidia is going to reveal their upcoming pascal gpus today at gtc 2016. The card has a 70% improvement in deep neural network and ai. 

Will update when more info comes out later today.

Source?

Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 | Intel i5-6600K@4.6GHz | Asus Maxiumus VIII Hero | G-Skill Trident Z 2X8GB DDR4 3200MHz

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | Fractal Design Kelvin S36 | EVGA SuperNova G2 750W

Acer Predator X34A | Logitech Proteus Spectrum G502 | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown

Is there gonna be a live presentation online ? if so link pls so i can watch it 

Let's agree to disagree

1 minute ago, larsi239 said:

Source?

Nvidia email sent out a day or two ago

Can't wait!!! ???

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Damn! anyone has a source? screw x2 exp and loot, I'm gonna watch this.

I LOVE how incredibly easy and safe it is to sell a Titan X for a good price online in a reasonable amount of time... wait

1 minute ago, Mirdon said:

Damn! anyone has a source? screw x2 exp and loot, I'm gonna watch this.

It was in an email sent out by Nvidia

Just now, TheCovertCamper said:

But I'm not subscribed to Nvidia :/.

Just now, Mirdon said:

But I'm not subscribed to Nvidia :/.

4 minutes ago, Thoaee1993 said:

anywhere this will be live streamed by chance? :)

4 minutes ago, MrTiC said:

Is there gonna be a live presentation online ? if so link pls so i can watch it 

here i think: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/fWbQyaEMfbh

3 minutes ago, TheCovertCamper said:

Do you have a link? Now I'm curous :D 

Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 | Intel i5-6600K@4.6GHz | Asus Maxiumus VIII Hero | G-Skill Trident Z 2X8GB DDR4 3200MHz

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | Fractal Design Kelvin S36 | EVGA SuperNova G2 750W

Acer Predator X34A | Logitech Proteus Spectrum G502 | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown

I guess the focus will be on compute performance?

1 minute ago, gFrenken97 said:

Are we talking actual cards? Or just the architecture

Attention graphics card fanatics: at approximately 2AM AEST, Nvidia will be kicking off its keynote address for GTC 2016; otherwise known as the premiere event for GPU developers. This year, the focus is on artificial intelligence, virtual reality and self driving cars along with some big hardware announcements that we’re not allowed to talk about (yet). Once again, Gizmodo will be blogging from the event live. 

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2016/04/nvidia-gtc-2016-keynote-live-blog/

That 70% increase is almost #CEO math. It's FP16, which is half precision, not full precision (FP32) and only a quarter of double precision (FP64). I hope Jen Sun doesn't do his bs #CEOmath with 10x performance increase on some obscure compute scenario, telling more of the weakness of Maxwell than the strength of Pascal.

Either way it's going to be interesting to see what Pascal has to offer, and more importantly, when. Especially Pascal's usage of HBM is going to be interesting. Are they going to use it? On what models, which generation, capacity, etc. This is very interesting considering Polaris won't have it, and that we will have to wait for Vega for HBM2.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, Notional said:

That 70% increase is almost #CEO math. It's FP16, which is half precision, not full precision (FP32) and only a quarter of double precision (FP64). I hope Jen Sun doesn't do his bs #CEOmath with 10x performance increase on some obscure compute scenario, telling more of the weakness of Maxwell than the strength of Pascal.

Either way it's going to be interesting to see what Pascal has to offer, and more importantly, when. Especially Pascal's usage of HBM is going to be interesting. Are they going to use it? On what models, which generation, capacity, etc. This is very interesting considering Polaris won't have it, and that we will have to wait for Vega for HBM2.

"10 times"

pascalmaxwell.png  lol

4 minutes ago, Notional said:

I hope Jen Sun doesn't do his bs #CEOmath with 10x performance increase on some obscure compute scenario, telling more of the weakness of Maxwell than the strength of Pascal.

don't ask for the impossible, he ALWAYS does it.

The hype is real! show me what I'm buying this summer!:D:D:D

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Official live stream

http://www.gputechconf.com/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

"10 times"

pascalmaxwell.png  lol

There's no sad face option.. If I give you a funny, can we just agree it represents tragicomic?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro