What should I upgrade next?

Wasn't really sure what to set the subject as but basically wondering what should be my next upgrade? I have an Asus p8 z77-v LX(don't really want to change motherboard), i3 3220, gtx 670 and a 128GB sandisk SSD plus(coupled with a 1TB WD black). these are the parts I'm considering upgrading, I was thinking about a GTX 970 or r9 390 but then I'm not sure if my i3 would bottleneck it and I am running out of storage on my SSD and would like a fast one for games. any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, DrHazard said:

Wasn't really sure what to set the subject as but basically wondering what should be my next upgrade? I have an Asus p8 z77-v LX(don't really want to change motherboard), i3 3220, gtx 670 and a 128GB sandisk SSD plus(coupled with a 1TB WD black). these are the parts I'm considering upgrading, I was thinking about a GTX 970 or r9 390 but then I'm not sure if my i3 would bottleneck it and I am running out of storage on my SSD and would like a fast one for games. any suggestions?

CPU and then GPU. But first, what´s your current psu?

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

CPU and then GPU. But first, what´s your current psu?

ah yeah, corsair RM650x

Just now, DrHazard said:

ah yeah, corsair RM650x

Nice psu. Anyway, what exactly is your budget? Would first upgrade the cpu. See if you can find a 3770k or a 3570k someone´s willing to sell.

Nice psu. Anyway, what exactly is your budget? Would first upgrade the cpu. See if you can find a 3770k or a 3570k someone´s willing to sell.

I would prefer udner £300 for gpu and under £150 for cpu.

Just now, DrHazard said:

I would prefer udner £300 for gpu and under £150 for cpu.

so a 3570k could probably be bought but 3770k might be a bit of a stretch

1 minute ago, DrHazard said:

I would prefer udner £300 for gpu and under £160 for cpu.

If you don´t feel like upgrading your motherboard, try to find someone selling a used 3770k or a 3570k. Then get an aftermarket cooler and oc it.

If you don´t feel like upgrading your motherboard, try to find someone selling a used 3770k or a 3570k. Then get an aftermarket cooler and oc it.

I think I'll have a look around for one, I already use a corsair h60 so that should be fine, thanks!