Using android mobile phone as dial up modem

nbc12

I just had the idea that we might be able to use our mobile phone line as a dial up connection. This would be especially helpful to those of us with unlimited minutes, but limited data. Does anyone know if this is possible? I know there are similar things, but this would be sorta like reverse VoIP (so IPoV I guess...). Also, with the wideband audio/HD voice standard coming soon, could we use that to make it faster?

I think hotspots and tethering are all you can do. Phone lines and cell networks are very different and I doubt the ISP will work with the carrier on this. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Actually this is not possible.  The issue at hand is that the digital voice compression used on mobile telephones voice connection and VoiP systems are not able to carry the same signals that the traditional PSTN network can, so they can't send data that way.

It's an interesting idea but it probably wouldn't work with the digital technology we have now, it's possible that there might be a way to modernize Dial-Up internet connections to work over the VoIP and digital systems that we have now.

It would be pretty cool if I could like get a slightly slower connection with out eating up any data.

Though I tend to not have a problem of running out of data with my current data plan on Verizon.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization