GTA V not on PC, but why?

TheMidnightNarwhal

So GTA V is not released on the PC (well for now). But my first question is... why??? First of all they lose more than 5 billion $ in sales, they lose their PC fanbase to. I don't understand why? Do they have a contract like they do with CoD and Microsoft, but for the consoles? And what are your thoughts guys??

Sony and MS may have gotten contracts that their released consoles would get the game first.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

*For now*

Apparently rockstar doesnt realize its so much easier to port to PC now...BUT THEY SHOULD PORT FROM PC, not TO! 

Dam it consoles, hurry and get with it. Ur hardware slows our games down in terms of graphics development..

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

My theory is that they may say something about it when the next consoles come out. Implying that it'll come out for next gen as well. Didn't GTA 4 PC come out a month or something after it did for 360/ps3?

Ur right.I think its backwards actually considering how much better they run on a pc vs. I dont plan on buying an xbox 1 and will wait a significant time till i buy a ps4.

because rockstar is a snake to pc gamers... gta 4 was on PC and VERRYYY NICELY OPTIMIZED

Yeah I don't see Rockstar making a bad PC port  :D

It's funny that there were petitions by nub console gamers that wanted Rockstar to not port GTA V to the PC because of piracy reasons. The delicious irony is that there were pirated 360 games already which made that argument a moot point. Then you gotta love how Microsoft eventually banned the consoles of even legit pre order copies of the game..the whole thing is a 265 million dollar mess.

I bet they're gonna ruin gta 5 for pc gamers just by not optimizing properly and doing a half ass job -__-

Yeah, also the thing that NVIDIA stated about GTA V, then quickly said they didn't made that. Maybe Rockstart are preparing a surprise for us, PC gamers? Maybe they are doing the PC version from an actual PC.... :D

Since when does Rockstar release a game on PC at launch? I can't remember a single game that did.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Sony and MS may have gotten contracts that their released consoles would get the game first.

Thats the reason why...

GTA V on consoles = buying consoles if they dont already have one aka boost some money for MS and Sony and $$$ for Rockstar and Take2

Sometime later

GTA V on PC = Yet another boost in $$$ for Rockstar and Take2.

They have to drain console "gamers" first and then PC gamers. Console "gamers" that also own PC will buy another copy for PC too. If console and PC versions would come out at same time they would buy only one.

[sarcasm]Well of course if the petition to stop GTA V PC version will not win...[/sarcasm]

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

It will eventually come, I'll have BF4 to keep me busy in the meantime, what I'm really worried about is if Bungie will release Destiny on PC, I mean a MMO like game exclusive to consoles, what is this world coming to.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4

So GTA V is not released on the PC (well for now). But my first question is... why??? First of all they lose more than 5 billion $ in sales, they lose their PC fanbase to. I don't understand why? Do they have a contract like they do with CoD and Microsoft, but for the consoles? And what are your thoughts guys??

My question is where are you getting your $5 billion amount from? If your going to make things up at least be realistic.

I doubt there is any contract between the console makers. Usually that is done to have exclusive content on one console over another not a way to 1-up the PC market. Why would they pay millions of dollars to keep it on console instead of allowing a PC version.

If anything I'd say the reason of no PC release date is because they know GTA4 sucked balls when it released. So instead of say "it will be out X month 20XX" they just aren't giving a date because they don't know when it will be ready. I can imagine them wanting to improve there reputation with PC gamer's. And if GTA5 doesn't come out on PC than you are going to have a bunch of pissed of PC gamers who will think twice about buying another game from them.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I don't think I can wait until PC comes out (if it will be released next year)

I might have to buy a ps3 or something so I can play it. or maybe a xbone.

Haven't bought a console since gamecube came out haha

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I don't think I can wait until PC comes out (if it will be released next year)

They propably will ban GTA V in Australia...

Kangaroos and Koala Bear might go on a Rampage...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

RockStar will says excuses, but the answer is that Microsoft and Sony signed exclusivity contract with them.

RockStar knows that people that want to play GTA 5 on the PC, will wait and get it later.. they won't jump on another game, and lose the sale.

A smart move from them.

Because they know they can't compete with Saints Row 4 on PC :P just kidding.

Rockstar has excuses up the ying-yang as to why it's not on PC right now. They whys don't matter much, because the reasons don't change the facts.

PCs can't handle the requirements.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

They want more money, since a lot of people will buy it once on consoles and again on PC, which makes them much more money.

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

As long as the base it on gta v for ps4 or x1 it should run relatively well.