PlayStation Network Messes Up GTA5 Release

Ryan-Simpson

Any one out there the same as me.  Pre-ordered GTA5 on the PSN.  Waited 4 hours for it to download and then when it's finally ready hit that install only for it to get to 14% and stop with an error code 80029564 corrupt data please re-download.  I mean we only payed what $10 more only to get the game late and not working an all PlayStation can say is sorry it will be fixed at 4 pm.  Great i mean i have only been hear what 18 HOURS!!!

Anyway hears links to the story 

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/17/gta-v-psn-pre-orders-facing-installation-and-unlocking-issues/

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/09/17/corrupt-psn-gta-5-download-error-code-80029564-should-be-fixed-after-4pm/

Yay another major release of a highly anticipated game that went smoothly.........

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

See, I just bought it from Amazon and there it wason the matt when I woke up this morning. I could also have bought it from my local Tesco....

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

any one hear about the micro studdering in the game being horrible?

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

how did you pay $10 more?

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

No issues here in Australia with our release digitally on PSN. sure the download took 13 hours but we're allowed to preload due to no laws restricting that stuff.
Worked great and no microstuttering issue at all. looks to be an American Servers Issue.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Well those don't technically crash, they are just overloaded, only happens for a couple minutes though :3

omg the rapid spam clicks to get games was ridonkulous

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Rockstar should believe in the PC crowd and Steam. When was the last time Steam actually properly screwed anything up. Even if your game is broken to all hell, the PC crowd will just fix it. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Rockstar should believe in the PC crowd and Steam. When was the last time Steam actually properly screwed anything up. Even if your game is broken to all hell, the PC crowd will just fix it. 

All I can think of is Dark Souls.

any one hear about the micro studdering in the game being horrible?

I would be stunned if you did not have any issues at all on the PS3/Xbox360, its pushing that hardware to its limits. Hell, it will be pushing the XBone and PS4 to its limits. Its more than likely not coming out on PC until Jan so that console users will not cry when they see how well it performs on PC and how much better it looks because they will have all finished the game and probably moved on to something else by then

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

All I can think of is Dark Souls.

Dark Souls, Fallout 1, 2, 3 and New Vegas and pretty much every PC game to ever come out is eventually fixed by the PC community. The best gaming community is by far the PC community simply because we actually care about the gaming industry but we also care about how a game works and to find ways of improving them.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Dark Souls, Fallout 1, 2, 3 and New Vegas and pretty much every PC game to ever come out is eventually fixed by the PC community. The best gaming community is by far the PC community simply because we actually care about the gaming industry but we also care about how a game works and to find ways of improving them.

Well not EVERY PC game lol But you nailed it on the head there, we do care about the industry. Give PC gamers quality products and they will not only buy it but they will actively promote it, give them tools to create content and they will make the game 10x better and create things that even the devs could not have imagined

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

There are some horrible framerate drops on the 360 version at certain points, especially when swimming. This will have to be my last console game.

Mobo: MSI X99A Gaming 7 | CPU: 5820K | CPU Cooler: H100i with NF-F12s in push | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | GPU: MSI GTX 780 Gaming Edition | SSDs: Samsung 840 EVO & 250GB Sandisk Extreme 120GB | HDD: Various