Navy Yard Shooting and School Ethics

TheRuke

Yesterday, a man went to The US Navy Yard and shot some people. For more information go here

Yesterday I went to school like it was any other day until when I was walking home. As I neared my house I saw my dad, who works at the Navy Yard, returning home after walking the dog. I thought he might have been fired but you REALLY need to screw up to be fired from the government. So I quickened my pace and arrived at home. When I got home I asked my dad what he was doing at home. He casually said: "The was a shooting at work" at first I didn't believe him but he was serious. I was glad he was OK but I wondered why I wasn't contacted in any way. No one at the school knew anything.

The next day at school we had a moment of silence followed by an announcement from my English Teacher: "It really sucks there are people out there like that and that many innocent people had to die but, that's life.*Short Pause* I knew this was happening by the end of the announcements (around 9). An email was sent out to all staff not to tell any children about what had happened in-case anyone's mom or dad worked at the Navy Yard or they might get out of control."

WHAT?! If I had known that I would have called my Mom to see if she knew what was happening. What was the worst that could happen? Would a student pull out a gun and start shooting people too? All that would happens is some students would want some answers and a few might get emotional. Is that really too much for a teacher to handle and do you classify that as "out of control"?

Do you think it was right that my school withheld information? Answer in the polls and add anything you would like to say in the comments below.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

At first, I thought that said "Yesterday, I went to the Navy Yard and shot some people"

I voted Yes and NO

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

This is a yes and no question. Yes they should have because it would have caused a huge uproar within the students because they want to know what hapened and if their parents are safe.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

As the law dictates (north of the border at least):

"...where keeping silent would create a serious threat to public safety, the public interest requires disclosure..."

Then again, the ultimate decision as to whether or not information should be withheld falls upon the ethics of someone higher up. Either way, this information is going to get out with varying degrees of detail just because that's how today's media works.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Kid's worry about their parents just as much vice versa. It's wrong to with hold information like that, kids can deal with reality as well or even better than adults sometimes

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE