Two audio sources in one headphone?

Fluffinator
Go to solution Solved by RedWulf,

Not sure if this was resolved or not

Line in(mic) on a pc isn't actually a microphone input its just like a headphone input that lets you send sound in regardless of source. However, if your mobo has stero or other inputs that match your tv you could use them. 

So, what you can do is use the tv or a xbox usb-audio to send sound out to the pc. Then the PC will act as the mixer, then use the headphone out on the pc to your headphones and after you tweak the balance with whatever software or settings you should be good,

the cheap way(only cost the line

Teamspeak                                                                                                            +

Xbox video and audio>>tv > xboxaudio + pc>>headphones

Well, this is a sort of complicated thing to do, but I was wondering if there was a way to use my HD 600's and my Yeti on my Xbox and PC at the same time. I occasionally play on Xbox but use my PC for team speak. Is there such a audio device with all the outputs I would want? I also have a Aune T1 MK2 that I would want to use with my headphone's so I would need something with a line in/two USB connectors for my Yeti and Dac/Amp. Yeah...... 

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

not really my area but maybe take a look astro's mix amp

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

audio mixer

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

audio mixer

You know of any that have all the inputs/outputs I would need?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

1 minute ago, Fluffinator said:

You know of any that have all the inputs/outputs I would need?

I'm not really into that sort of audio equipment so I wouldn't know. I just know that is what you're looking for.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

The cheapest way is to line in from the xbox to the pc and then use a free software(google) as an audio mixer to balance that input with the teamspeck or pc sound to the line out to your head phones

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

you want a audio mixer like said before but you wont get one which will go into the dac because thats stupid you need to go out of the dac into the mixer into the headphones.
                               Xbox

V
PC -----> DAC----> Mixer ---> Headphones

The Dick of the audio page!

10 minutes ago, Un4tural said:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/35mm-stereo-two-into-one-adapter-fp34m something like this for a ghetto solution i guess with uh possibly in reverse? no idea if it'd damage anything though, the outputs usually have protection... right?

Interesting lol, I don't really wanna ghetto solution though :D

7 minutes ago, EndlessOyster said:

you want a audio mixer like said before but you wont get one which will go into the dac because thats stupid you need to go out of the dac into the mixer into the headphones.
                               Xbox

V
PC -----> DAC----> Mixer ---> Headphones

Have any audio mixers you would recommend?

actually @redwolf solution seems quite cheap and easy to do, actually, probably a lot cheaper and as simple as the external mixer solution. didn't think of that, if you just get an aux cable, those ports are stereo mic input usually anyways, so you'd get the full thing and can manage it with software in windows. brilliantly simple, if it works 

12 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

The cheapest way is to line in from the xbox to the pc and then use a free software(google) as an audio mixer to balance that input with the teamspeck or pc sound to the line out to your head phones

oooo thats a out of the box way of thinking I like it.
You could use this piece of software
http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm
But it would need multiple inputs one for his yeti and one for the xbox or is the yeti usb?

1 minute ago, Fluffinator said:

Have any audio mixers you would recommend?

Not in your price budget which would work. I recommend @RedWulf  idea because it would probably work and wouldnt cost money.

1 minute ago, EndlessOyster said:

oooo thats a out of the box way of thinking I like it.
You could use this piece of software
http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm
But it would need multiple inputs one for his yeti and one for the xbox or is the yeti usb?

Not in your price budget which would work. I recommend @RedWulf  idea because it would probably work and wouldnt cost money.

Excellent.. will probably try that.

I believe the standard solution is to input to the PC and us it as your "mixer".

So it would be like Xbox Chat adapter, connect aux cord into controller, connect to PC and use the mixing program, as simple as that?

2 minutes ago, Fluffinator said:

So it would be like Xbox Chat adapter, connect aux cord into controller, connect to PC and use the mixing program, as simple as that?

aaaahhhh now this is the tricky bit, the xbox doesnt have a audio out on the back. does your tv have a audio out? because xbox sends audio to tv then out of tv to pc.

1 minute ago, EndlessOyster said:

aaaahhhh now this is the tricky bit, the xbox doesnt have a audio out on the back. does your tv have a audio out? because xbox sends audio to tv then out of tv to pc.

I have a standard monitor with DVI, VGA, and HDMI, and a headphone jack, so I would plug the Aux into my monitor then into my PC?

Just now, Fluffinator said:

I have a standard monitor with DVI, VGA, and HDMI, and a headphone jack, so I would plug the Aux into my monitor then into my PC?

Yeah so, xbox sends audio over HDMI (go into settings and make it send it to speakers) using the TV aux plugging into the microphone of your PC, then you can just go into sound options and click listen to self.

2 minutes ago, EndlessOyster said:

Yeah so, xbox sends audio over HDMI (go into settings and make it send it to speakers) using the TV aux plugging into the microphone of your PC, then you can just go into sound options and click listen to self.

Interesting, that's strange how it would let you do that, listen to your self will trick it into thinking it's a mic? What about my mic that I'm using, won't I listen to myself twice?

Not sure if this was resolved or not

Line in(mic) on a pc isn't actually a microphone input its just like a headphone input that lets you send sound in regardless of source. However, if your mobo has stero or other inputs that match your tv you could use them. 

So, what you can do is use the tv or a xbox usb-audio to send sound out to the pc. Then the PC will act as the mixer, then use the headphone out on the pc to your headphones and after you tweak the balance with whatever software or settings you should be good,

the cheap way(only cost the line

Teamspeak                                                                                                            +

Xbox video and audio>>tv > xboxaudio + pc>>headphones

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

8 minutes ago, Fluffinator said:

Interesting, that's strange how it would let you do that, listen to your self will trick it into thinking it's a mic? What about my mic that I'm using, won't I listen to myself twice?

in recording in sound options you have to inputs if you right click on the xbox one and click listen to self it should only do that one