Diablo 3's Auction system is getting closed

Levent

"When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we've decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III."

Auction system is getting closed at 18 March 2014 ,i didnt liked it in first place either it made the game more like a work for few people i know ,people were serious about selling stuff for real cash in the game, they are also adding new loot system

source:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yay!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Nothing more needs to be said, except:

depressed-funny.jpg

I guess we have 18 March 2014 as a release date for the expansion then?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The game is already ruined on PC because of it I don't think taking out the marketplace after such a long time will fix anything at all :(

You couldn't be more wrong, if they shut down the auction house, they will be adding Loot 2.0. I'm playing D3 on the console right which has kinda loot 1.5, the drops are awesome, you can clear Inferno selffound without any trouble. The real competition starts with Monster Power and you will be able to clear MP10 completely self found after a couple of weeks.

Should have killed it launch day. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

cool might actually get back into i with the new expo now. I got 3 plays in before I lost interest since i bought a lot of stuff on the AH, it was just so hard not to...

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Interesting, the expansion is probably going to be released around that time or the loot 2.0 system. 

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I think this is great news about the game. I kind of saw this coming after the Blizzard buyout, but still faith in Blizzard restored.. 

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

well as long as there is something to replace it tbh i didnt like it too much of the same shit on there

wow it s great news but i think it s too late.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

don't know why everyone hated it, was a way to get rid of good gear not meant for you, now it is just vendor trash

Wow... I thought if Blizzard had the choice to choose large piles of cash or to listen to players they would choose the cash every time. March is still a ways away though.

I've been out of D3 for a while so is Loot 2.0 somehow going to make up for the revenue lost by closing the AH? Or did they really just let go of a major cash cow right there?

they re just trying to get people in the game for the expension... there must be no one left playing atm...

I m pretty shure more people are playing d2 than d3 atm. Blizz prolly know that and want to fix it to sell more expansions.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Wow... I thought if Blizzard had the choice to choose large piles of cash or to listen to players they would choose the cash every time. March is still a ways away though.

I've been out of D3 for a while so is Loot 2.0 somehow going to make up for the revenue lost by closing the AH? Or did they really just let go of a major cash cow right there?

I am willing to bet that it has a bit to do with players leaving the game as discovered by analyzing telemetry data.  The game itself had over 6 million copies sold on day 1, and the developers probably noticed a very sharp drop-off of players.  With that said, if a huge chunk of players are no longer interested in Diablo 3 because of AH shenanigans, there will be substantially less players that would be subsequently interested in future products including expansions and/or other money-transaction products.

Therefore, more money may be made on having people like the game again rather than have fewer and fewer people each day leaving the game due to the cancer of Diablo 3 that is called RMAH.  Once again, their telemetry data may suggest that the game would have dried up within 2 years due to less players each day.  (Recall that even single player is online, so every single little detail including play times, duration, how many people logged-in are tracked and can be analyzed.)

don't know why everyone hated it, was a way to get rid of good gear not meant for you, now it is just vendor trash

Because everyone (at least everyone I knew) never actually played. They spent their time flipping items in the AH then selling gold to take their girlfriends out to dinner. It was also pointless to play since you never got anything good as to avoid saturating the auction house. So many people with thousands of hours and 100 paragon on multiple characters will tell you they got maybe one or two good drops during their entire playthrough, which is where Loot 2.0 comes in I believe.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

This might be a bit OT:

But ignore the GUI, look at dem graphics and "evil" and "artwork" and "heart" and "love" Blizzard North put into a real Diablo 3.  

Path of Exile is the closest your going to get, diablo 3 makes me cry when I played it.  It's fluid/graphics are AMAZING, but as you know; wrong people developed the game.  Brevik went to make Marvel Sh*t Heroes too.  I dont want to live on this planet anymore.  Diablo 2 is all we got fellas.

Is it that the system they implemented did not work or is it that items for real money just simply does not work?

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Both, the AH spawned an ENTIRE lootfest of people playing countless hours hunting for items and selling them to make a profit. On day one a million gold was SOOO much money, and now its worth pennies. Not only that even if you chose to NOT use the ah and find gear on your own it was 1000x worse than what u could find on the AH, inferno was so hard that it practically forced you to get buy gear on the AH, which completely undermined the thrill of getting awesome loot.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Because there's still no private servers, this is too late and too irrelevant and I'll continue to ignore D3 perpetually.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Because there's still no private servers, this is too late and too irrelevant and I'll continue to ignore D3 perpetually.

private servers?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Is Diablo 3 connected through PC Xbox 360 and PS3 like all the servers are connected through Battle.net?

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

Finally Blizzard has decided to bow to the demands of fans worldwide and close the Auction House altogether in Diablo III, as of March 18 next year.

When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we've decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III.

We feel that this move along with the Loot 2.0 system being developed concurrently with Reaper of Souls™ will result in a much more rewarding game experience for our players. 

We're working out the details of how the auction house system will be shut down, but we wanted to share the news as soon as we made the decision in order to give everyone as much advance notice as possible. Please note that the shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014. We will keep everyone informed as we work through this process.

Josh Mosqueira and I wanted to provide everyone with a little more information behind this decision, so please have a look at the video, and stay tuned to this site for further updates in the months ahead.

Video through the link:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

EDIT~ Dupe thread, feel free to delete! Levent beat me to the punch :P.