Scrapyard Wars season 4 - Review/Opinion(SPOILER FREE)

SPOILER FREE

4 Seasons, that's crazy.

Season 4 of Scrapyard Wars just premiered on Vessel last night.

It feels a lot like the second season where it's not just about building a PC on a budget but also doing it in style.

But that is not to say nothing has changed because a lot has changed. 

The length of an episode.
Longer episodes  mean more time to tell a better story. In this episode; things actually happen that moves the story along.

Not that a short episode can't have things happen, but is hard to have a setup and a payoff when there is so much going on and not enough time to show it.

I wish I can point out specific things but that would totally spoil the show for you.

Another big change from the last season are the exit interviews. They probably did these daily at the end of shooting.

Just like any other Reality TV show this add another dimension to the story as well as to the people that we are looking at.

These interviews give context to what is going on and most importantly it gives insight into that they are thinking at that moment.

I hope there's going to be more of these as the season continues.

Let's talk about the editing.
I think 
Edzel got the style down perfectly this time. it has drama, it has comedy and the viewer is never left not knowing what's going on with the two teams.

I'm glad that longer episode is put to good use because there is basically no filler material and everything adds to the story.

instead of jumping straight into the action, there's more back and forth conversations that show the conceptualization process. 

The teams.
I think this season have the best team members. Don't get me wrong, I love the season with Austin but I think those episodes were too short for 3 teams.
This time around both teams have guys that play off of each other very well. Specially Linus and BOB. That makes it interesting to watch and listen to them talking.

Luke is naturally not as hyper as Linus on camera and it's very apparent in this episode.

I guess we'll have to wait and see for the next episode if Lukes partner Rod can balance that out.

Honestly, there is nothing negative I have to say. But if I had to nitpick, I would like to see a better title segment.

Something that was similar to season 3. maybe a couple more interviews. but that's just nitpicking.

All in all a yearly vessel subscription was totally worth on this one alone. 

so in conclusion. this season looks good has an interesting story and interesting characters. and the editing is the best yet.

Can't wait for the next episode. Good job guys.

13 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Please put spoiler in title, some didn´t renew vessel description.

I haven't spoiled anything.

Don't forget to add a *spoiler alert*

I stopped reading at "premiered on vessel last night" lol.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Don't forget to add a *spoiler alert*

I stopped reading at "premiered on vessel last night" lol.

No spoilers I promiss.