Installing New switches for keyboard

Arixl

I have the vengeance k70 blue switches and i want to change the switches to red, i seen some switches on massdrop, https://www.massdrop.com/buy/outemu-switches-120-pack?utm_placement=2&referer=Y5EH3M&mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Automated%20Daily%20Promotional%202016-03-25&utm_term=Daily%20Promotional but they're for RBG lighing and i'm not sure if they'll fit my keyboard, i'm pretty noob at this type of stuff, also i don't know how hard it is to install these switches (if they would fit) and should i actually do it is it easy to break my keyboard?

EDIT: i just seen they are LED compatible

well you have to completely disassemble the keyboard, unsolder all the previous switches, resolder all the new ones, and put the keyboard back together

tbh from your post you sound like you dont have anywhere near the experience to do this...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

well you have to completely disassemble the keyboard, unsolder all the previous switches, resolder all the new ones, and put the keyboard back together

tbh from your post you sound like you dont have anywhere near the experience to do this...

i'v done soldering before alot, just never on a keyboard, it there a way to replace the key switches without taking out the whole swtich, from my understanding i thought you can take the stem and spring out and just replace them?

14 minutes ago, Arixl said:

i'v done soldering before alot, just never on a keyboard, it there a way to replace the key switches without taking out the whole swtich, from my understanding i thought you can take the stem and spring out and just replace them?

only the springs

the stuff that makes it tactile or not is part of the bottom key casing which you need to desolder to replace

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

17 minutes ago, Arixl said:

No the only times you can do that is on keyboards without plates or expensive custom keyboards.  A k70 non rgb you would have to desolder and remove the leds and the switches and replace them. You can not open the switch without removing it from the plate on the k70.

39 minutes ago, Charger said:

No the only times you can do that is on keyboards without plates or expensive custom keyboards.  A k70 non rgb you would have to desolder and remove the leds and the switches and replace them. You can not open the switch without removing it from the plate on the k70.

Ah okay, thank you very much <3