Do you think my man Linus is a bit too harsh on consoles?

threadysparrow

I honestly wish exclusives would die in a fire.  Being disabled and a recent transitioner to PC gaming, a very high percentage of PC titles allow for complete keyboard remapping.  When you play a game like Splinter Cell or Dishonored, your Jump button or aiming scheme can be completely different from my own.  I'm an arrow key guy, and that's perfectly acceptable.  Before PS3 and Xbox 360, developers actually invested time into allowing control customization.  It is extremely rare now.  I cannot tell you how many times I bought $60 console games only to not be able to play them!  It sometimes occurs now, but I'd rather be out $10-$15 rather than $60.

I remember buying LA Noire for PS3 and I couldn't even drive.  Luckily, I explained my situation to Amazon and they refunded me.  I then bought the Complete Edition on PC, and I was able to play it the whole way through!  :)

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I honestly wish exclusives would die in a fire.  Being disabled and a recent transitioner to PC gaming, a very high percentage of PC titles allow for complete keyboard remapping.  When you play a game like Splinter Cell or Dishonored, your Jump button or aiming scheme can be completely different from my own.  I'm an arrow key guy, and that's perfectly acceptable.  Before PS3 and Xbox 360, developers actually invested time into allowing control customization.  It is extremely rare now.  I cannot tell you how many times I bought $60 console games only to not be able to play them!  It sometimes occurs now, but I'd rather be out $10-$15 rather than $60.

I remember buying LA Noire for PS3 and I couldn't even drive.  Luckily, I explained my situation to Amazon and they refunded me.  I then bought the Complete Edition on PC, and I was able to play it the whole way through!  :)

Yeah, I can agree with you there. They need to create a universal control scheme for all games that you can customize if you want to. For years console games have used the X button(ps3) or A button(xbox 360) to jump, but when I got skyrim for my ps3 a few years back I had to change all the controls. Why the heck would they make triangle to jump!? At least Skyrim had the options to change the controls. I don't think a single control in that game is at its default for me lol :) I definitely wish there were no such thing as exclusives, but that will never go away. Consoles have exclusives, and PC has exclusives and there is no getting around that sadly :(

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Yeah, I can agree with you there. They need to create a universal control scheme for all games that you can customize if you want to. For years console games have used the X button(ps3) or A button(xbox 360) to jump, but when I got skyrim for my ps3 a few years back I had to change all the controls. Why the heck would they make triangle to jump!? At least Skyrim had the options to change the controls. I don't think a single control in that game is at its default for me lol :) I definitely wish there were no such thing as exclusives, but that will never go away. Consoles have exclusives, and PC has exclusives and there is no getting around that sadly

Right now, I don't have a gaming PC yet. :(  I'm saving some of dat money. But... seriously, right now, I'm like "f*ck it, I'm gonna sell my PS3 for more money". I guess I will miss LBP2 and Uncharted 2, but hey, PC master race eh? It's gonna be good.

ALL+HAIL+MASTER+RACE+PC+yfw+_ee875139885

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

To be fair, the consoles this generation can do a lot too. In all honesty, unless you need a PC for utility (Word, Access, Design, Rendering, among other various "PC only" things), consoles would be fine for you if you just want it for entertainment (TV Shows, games, movies, Surfing facebook, etc.)

And still most of the fanboys argue with "I only need it for gaming, I dont need a 2000$ computer" - which comes to the second point, most console gamers think a console-equivalent gaming-PC costs 1500$.

I honestly dont know any console gamer who tried PC-Gaming and didn't stick to it. I know the opposite. And I also dont know a PC-Gamer switching to console gaming. 

Consoles are fine, I like to play FIFA with friends sometimes and stuff, but considering all possible arguments, I think the "truest" plattform is and will ever be the PC. 

She was the key to my darkest heart. Holding hands with the seekers of the path. A forced face from the lingering hate. A fake grace for the closing eyes in the crowd

She was the weakest in the world of liars. Maybe the only one left that was telling the whole truth. Waiting for that moment again in this misplaced childhood. Ready to faint she will accept it, clutching at the tears in her mind

In The Failing Hour

And I also dont know a PC-Gamer switching to console gaming. 

Consoles are fine, I like to play FIFA with friends sometimes and stuff, but considering all possible arguments, I think the "truest" plattform is and will ever be the PC. 

I agree, but I don't think you know any 30-40 year old dads. 

Sometimes life makes it so that you literally have to choose the easier and less time consuming option. PC gaming is better, but it is far more time consuming to make sure it is utilized 100% effectively (i.e. optimized). 

Mind you, they are a small demographic, but I'm more than certain they exist.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I agree, but I don't think you know any 30-40 year old dads. 

Sometimes life makes it so that you literally have to choose the easier and less time consuming option. PC gaming is better, but it is far more time consuming to make sure it is utilized 100% effectively (i.e. optimized). 

Mind you, they are a small demographic, but I'm more than certain they exist.

You guessed wrong, but I get your point.

First: I played BF2 competitively and we had back then a 35y, a 50y and a 58y old member. Okay, the 58y didn't have to worry about his children, same goes for the 50y old. 

BUT! you're right, of course. There are possibilities to play on a PC with less time, but console just fit those consumers way better. It's more casual, and that's also a reason why those big generic AAA title sell on those systems much more. It's also way easier for a dad to buy a console to play with his son once in a while instead of trying to understand how PC gaming works - yes, I think for someone without a clue, a console is much easier to start.

But that also ends the topic about which's the more competitive plattform with the - yes I say this now - 'truer gamers'. 

I think in percentage PC-Gamers are much more into the scene than Console-Gamers.

She was the key to my darkest heart. Holding hands with the seekers of the path. A forced face from the lingering hate. A fake grace for the closing eyes in the crowd

She was the weakest in the world of liars. Maybe the only one left that was telling the whole truth. Waiting for that moment again in this misplaced childhood. Ready to faint she will accept it, clutching at the tears in her mind

In The Failing Hour

consles suck. logan just put out a pc build video that will kill you consle for $450 and preform better.

What is the usual selling price for a 360? Around $200-250 USD. He is known as the epitome of PC fanboy.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

What is the usual selling price for a 360? Around $200-250 USD. He is known as the epitome of PC fanboy.

I know, but this will kill next-generation games, and the one costs $500 USD

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

I know, but this will kill next-generation games, and the one costs $500 USD

They haven't even been released yet. Nobody besides the dev's know what the performance is like.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

They haven't even been released yet. Nobody besides the dev's know what the performance is like.

Nope. 

BF4 720p60. <-- that is the performance. --V

Killzone Shadowfall 1080p60 in singleplayer, 720p60 somtimes (IIRC). 

So. Yeah.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Nope.

BF4 720p60. <-- that is the performance. --V

Killzone Shadowfall 1080p60 in singleplayer, 720p60 somtimes (IIRC).

So. Yeah.

Those are only some, though.

Those are only some, though.

Considering Killzone is a PS4 exclusive, I think it's pretty fair to say that is what we can except from the next gen consoles at launch and for the next few months.

Now, considering Mantle is being deployed to BF4 in December (IIRC) for PC, I assume the same is true for consoles, but I am not sure. Maybe by patch? Dunno. 

Who knows what that will do to the performance then.

† Christian Member †

Linus jus dudnt undastnd the pest quadruple 4itz got dat 8 gitBytez of graphicalllization power undated da hood

Linus jus dudnt undastnd the pest quadruple 4itz got dat 8 gitBytez of graphicalllization power undated da hoodOKy

Okay... Let's don't and say we did.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Okay... Let's don't and say we did.

Lol