Do you think my man Linus is a bit too harsh on consoles?

threadysparrow

To join in on the circlejerk:

ENOqrya.jpg

But in all honesty, if the immature 12 year olds who have had sex with everyones mom want to keep playing on xbox live, please let them.

And there is more computing power in the xbox 360 than in a pc

Wat??!!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4260182476

CPU - Intel 3770k @ 4.5GHz + CM 212 EVO + Noctua NF-F12/ GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX / PSU - Corsair AX860i / Motherboard - Z77A-GD55 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM / HDD - 1.5TB WDC Black - 3.0TB WDC Red - 120GB Sandisk Extreme - 500GB Samsung 850 / Display - Asus PB287Q 4K and Asus VG248 + 3D Vision 2 glasses / Mouse - G500s 

Wat??!!

The joke is that he is neither rich nor does he not understand the value of money. 

So pretend his comment is like this: !([insert comment])

... I love using Comp-Sci for stuff like this.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Wat??!!

Its true. The tegra3 in the xbox 360 is 2.437 times as powerful in raw computing speed than the i7 4xxx cpus

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Its true. The tegra3 in the xbox 360 is 2.437 times as powerful in raw computing speed than the i7 4xxx cpus

If you are being serious, link? :| ... Google is not working.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Consoles have their right of existance.

It's  quite convenient putting in a disc and relaxing on the couch and playing some MGS or something.

One reason is the exclusives. I'll have to get a PS4 at some point, since I need the new MGS.

Also the Wii is a lot of fun with a few buddies if you're drunk out of your mind. [Yay Marioparty]

I really don't see the hate for the consoles.

PC has the better online community - Only two things I can add to that - Who the fuck plays online with a console and League of Legends.

Really depends on the usage scenario. I use both. I do prefer to buy my games for the PC and play them with a Controler if needed. But I don't mind playing my PS3 or whatever.

So many great games never even came near the PC:

• Onimusha
  • Metal Gear Solid [Don't even mention the MGS2:Substance port.]
  • Nintendo games

and so on and so forth.

I really dislike this fanboyism "OMG Linus said consoles suck, LET'S BE CRUSADOOOOORZ AND KILL CONSOLES WITH FIRE!"

srsly.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

The joke is that he is neither rich nor does he not understand the value of money.

So pretend his comment is like this: !([insert comment])

... I love using Comp-Sci for stuff like this.

Yeah I couldn't believe he was serious lol.

!(I disliked your explanation on how to pretend his comment) :)

CPU - Intel 3770k @ 4.5GHz + CM 212 EVO + Noctua NF-F12/ GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX / PSU - Corsair AX860i / Motherboard - Z77A-GD55 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM / HDD - 1.5TB WDC Black - 3.0TB WDC Red - 120GB Sandisk Extreme - 500GB Samsung 850 / Display - Asus PB287Q 4K and Asus VG248 + 3D Vision 2 glasses / Mouse - G500s 

Agreed!

I think my iPhone is more powerful than a xbox 360... Seriously, A6 chip has like 30GFlops of raw computing power...

My time to shine!

Let me preface what I'm about to say with the following information.

I have owned or currently own the following (bold is what i own right now):

• Xbox
  • Xbox 360
  • PS1
  • PS2
  • PS3
  • NES
  • SNES
  • N64
  • Gamecube
  • Wii
  • Original Gameboy
  • Gameboy Pocket
  • Gameboy Color
  • Gameboy Advance
  • Gameboy Advance SP
  • Gameboy Micro
  • Original Nintendo DS
  • DS Lite
  • 3DS

In addition to that marvelous list of "non-pc" platforms, I have also been playing computer games since I was four years old (~1999).

Unreal Tournament, Diablo/Diablo 2, Sims, and Age of Empires 2 are just a sample of the games I used to play growing up.

In December 2009 I built my first gaming rig, and have since built a respectable 100+ game Steam Library and now game mainly on PC.

Therefore, as an 18 year old who has spent a solid fourteen years of his life gaming both on PC as well as consoles and handhelds,

When I say that Linus Sebastian, who has admitted to rarely playing games, and whose excited for Star Citizen mainly because of the fucking graphical requirements IS too harsh on consoles, you can take that to the god damn bank.

Because lord knows I can't.

</rant>

I think it's driven from all the fanboyism they read which pushes them to be more pronounced through frustration of talking to certain members of the public and industry.

I think they've got the right attitude, just comes across in a frustrated way.

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

I was an Xbox gamer for 3 years, I switched to Pc in early 2012 and I think I switched at the perfect time.  Just like you said there are good exclusives for Xbox and Ps3, There are amazing exclusives for Pc aswell.  Lets face it,  The Majority of games now a days are more focused on the multiplayer then the single player.  There are amazing single player games still coming out (Tombraider, Farcry3, Bioshock, ect.)  But after we play them once or twice, we don't even look at the game anymore, Console games being that they cost $60, is not worth getting because you get about 20 hours play time, and you never get your $60 worth.  Pc games, With steam sale and humble bundle, you get these Single player games for much much less, and if you beat the game, with only 20 hours played, and don't want to play the game again, you didn't have to spend a ton of money.  As far as multiplayer goes, the controls on pc are far superior in everyway, the input lag is alot less and being an xbox gamer for as long as I was, If I went online right now and tryed to play a multiplayer game, My xbox would probably be out the window because I can't stand input lag

Consoles may have been beneficial back in the day to boost the gaming industry, but now they're basically just baby toys. We have 10 year olds building their own gaming PCs these days. Heck there are even 10 year olds who have their own Minecraft servers filled with all kinds of mods. :blink:

~meOw! Σ:3

I am not gonna go "full retard" against consoles here, because even after I switched over to PC (1 year ago) I still knew the reason of existance of consoles:

• Local Co-op

Maybe not the main reason of all time, but it certaintly is one of the ibgger points PS3, X360, Wii (at its best) has against PC, the social power consoles have isn't really matched on PC, I really can't think of any other big cross platform game besides Portal that has good co-op support (and isn't a mod) like it or not, we may have the best games and shit, but few things on PC can match that cocktail of feelings one has while playing with a friend in a couch (for example, it is the only way I am able to play Dead Space or any horror game, having a friend with you takes a lot of those feelings out of yourself, it can even be funny)
Now, why else did I supported consoles?? NES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, and all rest of them were completely different systems from PC, programmers needed to learn how the console functioned and also learn the way to low-level program for them, well, at least it was until Microsoft, Xbox and Direct X came to consoles and turned the whole world upside down, that's one of the reasons I supported PS3 so hard last gen, it was the last stand for the original consoles market, and things like The LAst of Us have only proven how the power of 256MB of RAM and low level programming can be harnessed, but Xbox and X360 just came to disrupt the balance and have made consoles mass produced, subsidized PC's. That is the reality of the PS4 and XBOne 

Long live console gaming

RIP console gaming

I am actually sort of in the middle here: while I do love the bells and whistles you get with PC, I think some of the console exclusives are also great: for example, The Last of Us is a great game and while maybe not having the graphics a PC could bring, it is still a very good game. I myself think that for the most part Nintendo consoles are the ones to look out for because Nintendo usually brings the most Family-friendly games and ways of controlling your console, while having absolutely great exclusives. I have a very nice PC but I still like to play around with my friends on Wii for a great, multiplayer experience:)

Agreed!

I think my iPhone is more powerful than a xbox 360... Seriously, A6 chip has like 30GFlops of raw computing power...

Another thing, I never troll. So I am serious when I say that the Xbox 360 has been around longer than even the idea of digital computing. Therefore it's old school and therefore it's the best kind of gaming.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

No, just because there are consoles, there are console exclusive games which is suck. Those game will have much better graphics and smoother gameplay experience if they go to PC, just because of console, the graphic of a lot of game stuck at low to obtain smooth gameplay. If there is no console in this age, the graphics and technology of games should be much more advanced.

I wish Xbox and PS being throw to the dirt and crash them with a tank.

CPU i5 13400F - - - - - - GPU ASUS TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10G - - - - - - - - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3600MHz 2*16GB

Motherboard MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI mATX - - - - Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB M.2 + Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB + WD Green 2TB

PSU Seasonic Focus GX 850W 80 Plus Gold - - - - Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black - - - - Case Fractal Design Define 7 Mini

Displays INNOCN 27M2V + ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM + Dell U2414H - - - - - - - - - - - Sound ATH-M50x, Lenovo unknown speaker

Keyboard Ducky Shine 4 - - - - - Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight + G-TF Rough + Logitech G PowerPlay

I think they are a bit harsh and I think if you look at my avatar you'll probably understand why I think that. At the end of the day the whole reason we play games is to enjoy the games and if a console has exclusives people like then that's where they'll go. Now I'm not going to defend the PS4/XBone because their appeal is mostly in the multi-platform titles that come to the PC anyway. I will however happily defend Nintendo and complain about their Nintendo bashing.

For a start the 3DS is a fantastic piece of hardware and I don't think Linus & Slick are fooling anyone when they try to act cool by bashing it. I suppose they think that's what their audience demands or something similar. The truth is the 3DS is selling very well. It's no DS which had sold 50mill by this point and ended up being the best selling console ever but 34mill ain't bad esp when it's competitor has moved ~5mill. More importantly it has some awesome exclusive content. Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, a fantastic remake of Ocarina of Time and cool little downloadable stuffs like Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force. I thought it was particularly interesting that after bashing the idea of the 2DS on the WAN show Slick then went and did a puff piece about it .... so perhaps they should do just a tiny little bit more research before they go on the attack.

Now even as a Nintendo fan I must agree that the Wii U is a harder device to defend. I own one and I love it with the little content it has and the shield-like experience of off-TV play. However the numbers aren't on my side, it's not doing well and there isn't that much compelling exclusive content. With that said it's not a horrible piece of hardware, it is and will continue to be fantastic when the content is fantastic regardless of how underpowered it is. Lets not forget how quickly gamers of all styles will pick up a Controller when Smash Bros, especially when it's the N64 version, is being played. In the same way that Slick will instantly change his mind about Nintendo when someone says Pokemon some people, like myself, remain fans because they keep churning out good software.

Anyways, that's my 2c.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Consoles are okay but the idea of exclusive titles needs to die in a fiery hole immediately. Does the last of us look cool? yeah. Do I want to play it? You bet your sweet ass I do. Will you pay a couple hundred dollars to buy the console it's on and the game? Go fuck yourself.  

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Consoles are horrible and should not exist. It's impossible to be too harsh on them

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

tumblr_mff1txlfPu1rs7k3ko1_500.jpg

Only benefit are exclusives. They shouldn't even exist due to how they are holding back the PC from evolving at a greater pace.