BEST antenna placement for a dual band router?

iamdarkyoshi

So I have been screwing around with my E3000 router's wifi, and I can get pretty good speeds off of the 5ghz radio, but the 2.4ghz is not very good downstairs. I bodged on some external 2.4ghz antennas from an old router, and I got maybe a 2-5mbit/s increase in speed, but I want to go balls to the wall and do a proper antenna mod on mine. It is a 6 antenna router, but everyone seems to ignore the two smaller lower antennas on the lower section of the router. So I want to buy four 9DBi dual band antennas and put them on mine, but what is the optimal placement for antennas? If I have two 2.4ghz antennas and two 5ghz ones, and leave the two smaller internal ones alone, roughly where on the face of the router should they be mounted?

The antennas should be as much distant from each other as possible. Also make sure there is no matal <30 cm within the antennas.

As for the array set up, the beam forming works best in the direction that is 90° to the antenna row.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil