iPad loses wifi when PC uses ethernet

I have been living at uni for the past year, but everytime I come home and plug my PC in with ethernet connection, my sister can never connect to the internet with her ipad, or other wifi enabled devices. Normally I would not think that my computer was the cause considering everyone else's devices connect to wifi, but she only has these issues when my computer is plugged in. Does anyone know if there is some correlation between my PC using ethernet and her loss of wifi? and if so how to fix it so that we can both use the internet without me having to go out and buy a wifi card, because I really don't want to

Please elaborate the issue.

Is it only her devices that are being a problem?

If not,  do the devices have no internet access or does the SSID and wireless network not show?

Does the computer use high bandwidth applications that may screw up a network?

Just now, Vezzeract said:

Please elaborate the issue.

Is it only her devices that are being a problem?

If not,  do the devices have no internet access or does the SSID and wireless network not show?

Does the computer use high bandwidth applications that may screw up a network?

Well so far she has been the only one to complain of a loss of connection, though my phone still has wifi. She has just informed me that her iPad is showing that she is connected to our network but all of her applications are saying otherwise, ie just saying that she has no internet or no connection and as far as I am aware my PC does not use high bandwidth applications (though I am unsure of what one would be)

Sounds like maybe you have some weird settings enabled on your router. Is it a stock router?

2 hours ago, 286656_1454182449 said:

Well so far she has been the only one to complain of a loss of connection, though my phone still has wifi. She has just informed me that her iPad is showing that she is connected to our network but all of her applications are saying otherwise, ie just saying that she has no internet or no connection and as far as I am aware my PC does not use high bandwidth applications (though I am unsure of what one would be)

A high bandwidth application will be a download running because your router may not be so good with multiple tasks.

When you get home plug in your PC and then ask your sister to do something on her iPad. if something is a problem make sure the network settings on the tablet are and if you have another network from the same router then connect to that one and see if there is a difference. If the network slows down when both are using the network you most likely are limited on bandwidth.

I would recommend making your router a wired connection and getting a 75 dollar - 150 dollar wireless access point for wireless only so that the router is not being burnt under pressure from so many connections.

Are there any other wired systems in your house?