Can you still buy CD's?

orangecat

I grew up in the 90's and early 2000's and CD's where how you listened to music when you didn't have a computer. I still really like CD's but can you still buy them in stores? I also want them so i can rip my music to archive on my computer  in a much higher quality than what you can get from itunes or from torrents.

Yes. You can still get them in stores.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You need to get out of the house more if your asking this question.

http://www.hmv.ca/ It is still in just about every single mall.

Or don't and just order them online and get them delivered.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I grew up in the 90's and early 2000's and CD's where how you listened to music when you didn't have a computer. I still really like CD's but can you still buy them in stores? I also want them so i can rip my music to archive on my computer  in a much higher quality than what you can get from itunes or from torrents.

Do you leave the house at all?...... You can get them at Futureshop, BestBuy, Fred Meyer, etc.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Yes.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

yes!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Yes. Places still sell CDs.

Other things you might not know due to your lack of fresh air: the United States has a black president; North Korea has a new leader; color TV is widespread; Pontiac no longer makes cars; Lance Armstrong was cheating.

of corse you can i still buy all my music/movies/tv shows this way im old school B)  

the question is, who goes to gamestop anymore? :P 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Absolutely, but I'm fundamentally against physical media in the 21st century. Waste of resources to produce it, waste of space to sell it, waste of resources to drive/get transport to buy it, adds more pollution, etc.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

You need to get out of the house more if your asking this question.

http://www.hmv.ca/ It is still in just about every single mall.

Or don't and just order them online and get them delivered.

I don't go to the mall its to expensive and what's wrong with my bedroom its nice and cozy. xD

Other things you might not know due to your lack of fresh air: the United States has a black president; North Korea has a new leader; color TV is widespread; Pontiac no longer makes cars; Lance Armstrong was cheating.

Wow thanks for the news I really missed out allot just sitting on the computer all day.

the question is, who goes to gamestop anymore? :P

What's a Gamestop? Is it that thing that rips you off and has staff that would love nothing better but to not help you find something?

Absolutely, but I'm fundamentally against physical media in the 21st century. Waste of resources to produce it, waste of space to sell it, waste of resources to drive/get transport to buy it, adds more pollution, etc.

The only reason why I still want CDs is because tons of cars still have CD players and I personally like to see a copy of s disk with a nice image on it rather than a album cover in iTunes.

What's a Gamestop? Is it that thing that rips you off and has staff that would love nothing better but to not help you find something?

yeah, 

I think I have heard of that place

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I exclusively still buy CD's, mainly for the sound, for the hard copy and mainly because they're much cheaper than downloads.

If you're into music you buy albums, if you're not you buy "songs" from itunes.

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

The only reason why I still want CDs is because tons of cars still have CD players and I personally like to see a copy of s disk with a nice image on it rather than a album cover in iTunes.

You can quote multiple people in one post by the way :P

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

no.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Amazing first post!

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro