Good quality wireless headphones/headset with Mac OS X/Linux support?

YiamiYo
Go to solution Solved by Mogwai,

So I guess "good" and "wireless" don't like each other.

After some research, I'm stuck between AKG K240 Studio/MKII and Beyerdynamic DT770/990 250ohms.

It seems the K240's Studio is the same as MKII without the extras. Can anyone confirm that? It's a big difference in price for just that.

Again, my primary goal is comfort. I'll use them for pretty much anything... (Music, movies, games and a bit of noob audio editing/mixing)

My setup is onboard Realtek ALC889 audio and a pair of YST-M15's.

It says "Output Impedance: 900 ohms", so I guess they could drive any of these?

Or maybe a better question would be which ones make Linus sound better? :P

I've used studio K240's before, the MKII version just has better ear pads for added comfort and you get an extra twisted cable. The MKII's were just to replace the Studio's they are both 55ohms and you will get the same quality out of both pretty much. I prefer the look of the studio K240's though :)

The DT770's and 990's are great aswell. The 770's are closed and the 990's are open, so if depends on if you prefer open or closed headphones. My self prefer open so I would go with a pair of 990's. The K240's are great as well, but since you where glasses though the 990/770's would be more comfortable for you.

Brand new 990's just under $150:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-PRO-Open-Back-Headphones-DT990-Pro-Extended-Warranty-/310738150681?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item48596fe519

Man, I do that all the time. But I can't handle the sound of the wireless.

Know how the 180 compares with the 220?

It's such a shame that good wireless headphones don't really exist when we have the technology to do it right...

Know how the 180 compares with the 220?

It's such a shame that good wireless headphones don't really exist when we have the technology to do it right...

Not really, but I'm guessing pretty much the same.  I don't really understand how a company that charges as much as they do, (they were $220 when I got them) produce something so average.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

a person in my guild with the corsair 2000 uses it on a mac

too bad they break so easy 

compared to my old tech turtle beach and sony wireless the corsair has no noise or static associated with it. sound is very similar to my dt770 except it is a bit punchier but with shitty mids. 

I fully expect the new sennheiser RS series to be very good. 

the wireless turtle beach and sony are a horrible hissy staticy mess. 

I fully expect the new sennheiser RS series to be very good. 

do you know anyone who might be reviewing them?

I would love wireless for the conveneance but my next headphone purchase is probably going to be either the shure SRH550, HD280pros or maybe K171 MkII for the studio.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

I would love wireless for the conveneance but my next headphone purchase is probably going to be either the shure SRH550, HD280pros or maybe K171 MkII for the studio.

AKG <3, I really want to find a vintage pair of 240's :)

After some research, I'm stuck between AKG K240 Studio/MKII and Beyerdynamic DT770/990 250ohms.

It seems the K240's Studio is the same as MKII without the extras. Can anyone confirm that? It's a big difference in price for just that.

Again, my primary goal is comfort. I'll use them for pretty much anything... (Music, movies, games and a bit of noob audio editing/mixing)

I've used studio K240's before, the MKII version just has better ear pads for added comfort and you get an extra twisted cable. The MKII's were just to replace the Studio's they are both 55ohms and you will get the same quality out of both pretty much. I prefer the look of the studio K240's though :)

The DT770's and 990's are great aswell. The 770's are closed and the 990's are open, so if depends on if you prefer open or closed headphones. My self prefer open so I would go with a pair of 990's. The K240's are great as well, but since you where glasses though the 990/770's would be more comfortable for you.

Brand new 990's just under $150:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-PRO-Open-Back-Headphones-DT990-Pro-Extended-Warranty-/310738150681?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item48596fe519

Beyerdynamic DT990 it is!

I better find more money soon, cause it's like the 3rd time my whole right earphone comes off and it looks kinda bad this time...I don't know how much this tape will last :P

Thanks all!

Thanks Mogwai!

Beyerdynamic DT990 it is!

I better find more money soon, cause it's like the 3rd time my whole right earphone comes off and it looks kinda bad this time...I don't know how much this tape will last :P

Thanks all!

Thanks Mogwai!

No problem, your on-board should do just fine with the 990's but if you ever find they need a little more juice get a FiiO E10 :)

the livestream/podcasters I watch on twit.tv were recommended the rs220 so studio audiences who come into a separate closed set without speakers for skype callers are given these. several people on staff said they were phenomenal but I have yet to see a proper review on them as of yet. 

the rs220 are such a rediculous price though and I am wary of the rs180