Need advice for my build (:

Moonies

Alright, hello there everyone, for the first time, i'll be doing my own build, and i could use some tips on a few topics, it drives me crazy the amount of options for any given PC component out there, and even tho, i know some basics about most stuff, when it comes to the real detailed giberish, i don't know anything :P

Motherboard - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Motherboard
Processor - Intel Core i7 6700K Processor (4 GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 8 MB cache, LGA1151 Socket Box)
Graphic Card - MSI GTX 980Ti 6GD5T OC PCI Express Graphics Cards
Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) 3000 MHz CL15 XMP 2.0 DDR4 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Black
CPU cooler - Corsair CW-9060021-WW Hydro Series H100i GTX High Performance All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler - 240 mm Radiator
Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA 750W PC Power Supply - Gold

For storage i'll have a 250gb SSD + 2 TB of space, but that's no big deal.

And for case i want the NZXT H440 Mid Tower Case with Side Window and 4 Quiet Fans for PC - Matte Black/Red.

Okay so, For motherboard, i looked for something that's i7 new gen compatible and supports DDR4, Thoughts?

What about the processor? from what i've read this is a good one, the overclocking isn't spectacular, but that doesn't really matter for me.

On the graphics card, i want a GTX 980 ti, but there are a few different ones, with pricings ranging from 500 to 800 pounds, why and which should i pick.

Also, regarding the power supply, i mainly want something that's a bit future proof, will last a long time and can power up everything nicely.

Is there any sort of compatibility problem i will run into? What can i improve? Taking into account it's a gaming build, the PC is also heavily used for media consumption, movies, tv shows, etc etc, but mainly for gaming.

1 minute ago, Moonies said:

Alright, hello there everyone, for the first time, i'll be doing my own build, and i could use some tips on a few topics, it drives me crazy the amount of options for any given PC component out there, and even tho, i know some basics about most stuff, when it comes to the real detailed giberish, i don't know anything :P

M

What are your uses, budget and currency for the build?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

5 minutes ago, Moonies said:

welcome to the forums :P

perhaps you can make a clearer picture so we can assist you

you can use this as a guide

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Hehe yes, i was doing so, but i posted by accident before i was finished, all good now (:

2 minutes ago, Moonies said:

Hehe yes, i was doing so, but i posted by accident before i was finished, all good now (:

whats your budget for the build?

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Alright i'm from Portugal, even tho i usually shop on Amazon.co.uk, so i deal with stuff in british pounds, somewhere around 1200 to 1500 pounds ( 1500 to 2000 euros)

The main thing here is quality, i don't want to just buy something because it's more or less expensive, if it upgrades the build in a considerable way, i want it in, just want to have quality equipment that is worth the money it's paid for.

11 minutes ago, Moonies said:

Alright i'm from Portugal, even tho i usually shop on Amazon.co.uk, so i deal with stuff in british pounds, somewhere around 1200 to 1500 pounds ( 1500 to 2000 euros)

The main thing here is quality, i don't want to just buy something because it's more or less expensive, if it upgrades the build in a considerable way, i want it in, just want to have quality equipment that is worth the money it's paid for.

then everythings fine but change the psu to one in tier 1-3 from this list 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Moonies said:

yeah thats good but you dont need to get a platinum certified an evga g2 and gs series psu's are just as good and cheaper

Spoiler

just built my first pc. almost overwhelming but I enjoy being creative and building so this just seemed to be a great hobby. as many people do what started out on budget went way off. bought a corsair 380t, i5 6600, 8gb ram 3400mhz I believe, msi gtx 970 oc, deepcool storm gamer aio liquid cooler, msi b150i mobo, ax850i modular psu and ssd card. I honestly do not even know if I mae the right choice as far as a gaming rig went. I am just learning and only spent a few months learning however all these parts do meet my needs...for the moment lol. now I want to get rid of this set up and build something more custom. I haven't even fired this system up yet as win 10 hasn't been installed.