Gigabyte Wforce 980ti xtreme edition

Windforce123

So, i recently bought myself a new graphics card, 980ti xtreme edition from gigabyte to be exact. 

So my problem when it's idling those fans just like ramp up for like 1-2 seconds and then turn down again and then up again. Does it has to be like this or should i take my card back to the shop?

I have already tried to make custom fan profile but it doesn't help at all.

Also yesterday i thought i should benchmark my card. Downloaded this 3DMark demo and ran this first test what this program gave me and those scores were 9000'ish. Looked at some other card benchmarks for example msi 980ti lightning at it had 19000. What could be the problem, and i also tried benchmarking it when i had all my fans turned up to 100%, thought maybe card is thermal throttling.

Would be perfect if you can help me.

it's normal the fan does not spin much on idle...it's a feature so save on power and noise and help your fans last longer.

As for your 3dmark score...CPU is also a factor in that, there is a physics score that is solely based on your CPU performance, what CPU do you have in there?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

4 minutes ago, Windforce123 said:

So, i recently bought myself a new graphics card, 980ti xtreme edition from gigabyte to be exact. 

So my problem when it's idling those fans just like ramp up for like 1-2 seconds and then turn down again and then up again. Does it has to be like this or should i take my card back to the shop?

I have already tried to make custom fan profile but it doesn't help at all.

Also yesterday i thought i should benchmark my card. Downloaded this 3DMark demo and ran this first test what this program gave me and those scores were 9000'ish. Looked at some other card benchmarks for example msi 980ti lightning at it had 19000. What could be the problem, and i also tried benchmarking it when i had all my fans turned up to 100%, thought maybe card is thermal throttling.

Would be perfect if you can help me.

probably bad thermal paste  you can fix it yourself but you should go back to the store and see what they say 

|| CPU Intel Core i7‑4790K 4.9 Ghz || Motherboard MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition || RAM corsair vengeance pro 4x8gb 2400mhz || GPU msi msi twin frozr gtx 1080 8g sli x2 || Case nzxt phantom 410 || Cooling corsair h100i ||

1 minute ago, mechknight3 said:

probably bad thermal paste  you can fix it yourself but you should go back to the store and see what they say 

ummhh...what?!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 minutes ago, Windforce123 said:

Are you sure that you ran FireStrike and not FireStrike Extreme or Ultra? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Are you sure that you ran FireStrike and not FireStrike Extreme or Ultra? 

yeah...that too :) there are many versions...for example, for firestriky extreme a score of around 9000 would be completely normal:

I have intel i5 6600.

I ran this normal firestrike for sure, tried for those two others aswell but couldn't because i had this demo version.

I have the windforce 980 ti xtreme card too and this may be perfectly normal, we need more info. If I run rainmeter on my computer (with all the meters I made) it 'idles' at 848MHz which is not enough to make it go completely fanless, it will spin up every so often, you need to have it idle to 400MHz or below to have it run completely fanless. It will go to that speed if you have like 0 programs running.

As for the score, my record with a 5.2GHz 3770k and a huge overclock on the GPU was only able to get 18006, which is the highest for that CPU+GPU combo. 9000 seems about right for a non overclocked 980 ti and a 6600. The scores listed there are the top scores obtained by overclocking, don't expect them to be representative for a non-OC system.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

1 minute ago, Windforce123 said:

I have intel i5 6600.

I ran this normal firestrike for sure, tried for those two others aswell but couldn't because i had this demo version.

what you should do is run unigine valley instead and come back with your score...this is a GPU only benchmark and we have a thread about it with all the informations you need and you can compare your score there:

I will let you know when i have done the unigine valley benchmark.

6 minutes ago, Windforce123 said:

I will let you know when i have done the unigine valley benchmark.

this is the link to the spreadsheet...at the bottom you can select your screen resolution and single GPU etc...and then you can compare your score and see if it looks normal:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1knE1MXUbQ3tyR48CuD_6K_EfCF3cHHqL9ra5NPt6o8U/edit#gid=1

If i have my monitor resolutions turned to 2560x1440 does it make any difference or what? 

Took a screenshot of my scores. Are those okay, why ise there "(4095MB)" it should be 6gb card imo.

Spoiler

436b3832b965b8b7143badc7f7d5e189.jpg