PSA:Chrome Enabled Scroll Smoothing.

In the recent update of Chrome,version 49,Google desided that it was a good idea to enable scroll smoothing for EVERY user,despite that feuture beeing unsmooth for mouse users,and only benefitting touchpad users.So,if your page scrolling seems a bit too unpleasent,dont worry,just go to chrome://flags and find #disable-scroll-smoothing.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

Almost threw up all over the keyboard when it first applied a few weeks ago. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Almost threw up all over the keyboard when it first applied a few weeks ago. 

I know right?I got all fired up thikning my chrome is broken but nope,Google are at it again.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

smooth scrollin works awesome on my mx master

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So that explains the horrendous scrolling I had. Eugh. Thanks for the info!

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

Haven't noticed with my MX Master or M65. What does smooth scrolling even do?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

i love it. logitech g502. dis is fking greit meight. what is so wrong with smooth scrolling? 

It took them 8 years to implement smooth scrolling and it's still not as fluid as Firefox's.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Just now, Headshot_ said:

So that explains the horrendous scrolling I had. Eugh. Thanks for the info!

No problem,glad I helped!

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

smooth scrollin works awesome on my mx master

Its not meant to be unsmooth,but it feels unsmooth to most of the guys I talked to including me.

Thanks for this... woke up this morning to that smooth scrolling garbage. Thought maybe it was some windows update again.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

9 minutes ago, EarthboundHero said:

Haven't noticed with my MX Master or M65. What does smooth scrolling even do?

Makes scrolling smooth. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Makes scrolling smooth. 

Shit, really? Thanks yo!

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Makes scrolling smooth. 

Quote in quote.

2 minutes ago, EarthboundHero said:

Shit, really? Thanks yo!

You're welcome

Yup, noticed it a few weeks ago and immediately disabled that crap.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

null

41 minutes ago, cptavim said:

I just disabled it and it looks horrible!  Smooth scrolling makes it so much smoother. (Obviously) 

For some people it works,for other it feels like utter garbage(including me).Just made this thread as a heads up so noone panics if they dont like the feuture.