HOLY $H!T - $4,000 Server Chassis

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

nope , i7's do not support multi-processor configs.

And even xeons have limitations depending on their model ( that and x86 isn't terribly scalable )

Thanks! Yes I do know about some xeons and all i7 not supporting dual CPU config but I asked because in this build, the motherboard is kind of dvided into parts with daughter boards for PCI-E. Bad luck! 

• 1 month later...

I wonder if any one could please point me to a place where I can order the cover for this thing that has the dome to accommodate the power cables like the one in the video. My arrived with a flat cover and my 8x Titans with cables pointing up do not allow for the lid to close.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am based in UK if that makes any difference.

I have the 4027. It is filled with 8 K40m Teslas and 1 Nvidia NVS295. Dual Xeons. Dual SAS SSDs. I only have 128GB of RAM because all the processing is done in the K40ms. The thing is in a closet about 7by7ft with an split duct AC unit and and have to wear hearing protection because it is so damn loud. Love Supermicro. There are not to many chassis which hold 8 cards and. X9 boards are pretty solid to boot. I got min in a pallet too, the damn thing broke but the server was just fine. 

• 3 weeks later...

Will this run windows because I am thinking about getting one so I can use parallel GPU acceleration?

• 3 years later...

Understand I'm a little late to the party here, but does anyone have any clue where I can find the song that plays around 8:12 when he starts grabbing video cards. I remember searching all around for it when the video came out, watched the vid again and now I'm back on the hunt.