HOLY $H!T - $4,000 Server Chassis

shutterstock_125127797.jpg

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Just now, IsaacDaGrazin said:

Senpai @nicklmg :o 

Notice meh!

Yeah @nicklmg notice that guy!...he just hit his 1000 post and could use the pat on the back for his dedicated service.

Also, wow, what a killer rig. Hope to get to see you guys do something ridiculous with it....perhaps BAKE a pizza or maybe some chocolate chip cookies! 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

24 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Grats on 1,000

O mah gwad :o he replied omfg!

than you Senpai :D 

39 minutes ago, Papakuma said:

Yeah @nicklmg notice that guy!...he just hit his 1000 post and could use the pat on the back for his dedicated service. 

That rig going to sound like an airstrike. I always thought you can't use differnt GPU's in the same rig. 

Also, Why wouldn't guys what to show us the follow up to the wannac server? Yes we wan to see it. 

23 minutes ago, firecrow797 said:

@nicklmg where did the backgroung music come from? it sounds like the android game "my singing monsters"

We have a large music library licensed, I'm assuming it's either from that or the YouTube audio library. Sorry I don't have a more specific answer!

5 minutes ago, iPolymer said:

That rig going to sound like an airstrike. I always thought you can't use differnt GPU's in the same rig. 

Also, Why wouldn't guys what to show us the follow up to the wannac server? Yes we wan to see it. 

Yeah it sounds like a jet engine starting up. And Linus was just doing a test fit here to show what the chassis looks like loaded up with 8 cards.

Power rating varying depending on input voltage is normal on server PSUs. Same amps at 220/240V is double the power vs 110V.

Hey if there is actually room for TEN GPUs (around 7:50 in the video) ... How about ... hey wait a second, there's 11 slots.  If you watercool the card in that 1 single-width slot...

How about --- 22(!! - TWENTY-TWO!!) gamers, one PC?? :)

@LinusTechcould maybe do this with a bunch of GTX 690s, or possibly 590s, 295s (the GTX variety, not to be confused with Radeon R9 295X2s which I suppose would work too), Radeon 6990s, 7990s, etc. :)   Basically, use dual-GPU cards. :)

Be careful assembling a computer on cardboard. All that weight was supported by only two walls of cardboard. They could have crumpled on you, and damaged the case. You had me trembling with terror. Other than that, great video.

You will have to ask nvidia to see if they can custom make an 8 way SLI bridge for youxDxD!!

Will this be "The Compensater 2.0" you said you would build?

Just now, SaperPL said:

Next LMG video: "Affordable server room cheesecake oven" :)

wait till they starts to put up ads for kitchen appliances! xD #Sponsor

Details separate people.

4 hours ago, Dev Dhamija said:

Be careful assembling a computer on cardboard. All that weight was supported by only two walls of cardboard. They could have crumpled on you, and damaged the case. You had me trembling with terror. 

I'm not sure if you're joking or serious.  Have you played around with Supermicro chassis before?  They're built like brick sh!t houses.  Had the box collapsed, the chassis would have obliterated the wooden pallet under it, and then likely left a dent in the concrete floor it was sitting on.  It would have been perfectly OK as would the motherboard and riser card inside of it.

:-)

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

How do you not fry the 8-pin to (6+2)-pin extensions for certain cards? If you put a 980Ti or Titan X in there you are drawing 20+ A through a single 8-pin. That seems like a really bad idea.

Putting AMD/ATI cards into this setup will cause them to catch on fire over time. I have seen it happen. 

Edited by madtowneast
Added note about AMD/ATI cards