How do you change the main display for entire PC?

Tairetsu

And I don't mean the main Windows display on dual monitor setup, I have my TV connected to my PC, and my smaller monitor is setup as the main one for Windows, but the "starting Windows" screen, error messages, anything to do with the BIOS, is all showed in my TV, and I don't know how you would go about changing this.

Should I check my BIOS settings or wot? 

when you boot, you can just disconnect your tv, and bios should load onto the monitor. other than that, theres no way to set the primary boot monitor until you get to windows

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

2 minutes ago, Tairetsu said:

And I don't mean the main Windows display on dual monitor setup, I have my TV connected to my PC, and my smaller monitor is setup as the main one for Windows, but the "starting Windows" screen, error messages, anything to do with the BIOS, is all showed in my TV, and I don't know how you would go about changing this.

Should I check my BIOS settings or wot? 

In display properties you should be able to select which monitor is your main display that should default everything to that screen. 

It may have something to do with the display connectors you are using. For example I have two monitors with the primary, which is set as the primary in the windows settings, is hooked up via displayport and the secondary via DVI and my BIOS, and starting screen is always on it.

i7 4790K | MSI Z97S Krait | Gigabyte 980ti Gaming G1 SLI |  2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB + WD Black 4TB | EVGA Supernova P2 1200 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo (White)| Dell P2715Q x2 | Corsiar K70 | Corsair M95 | Full Custom Loop CPU + GPUs 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

In display properties you should be able to select which monitor is your main display that should default everything to that screen. 

I have my monitor set as the main display, but the boot up screen always shows on the TV. 

1 minute ago, AbsoluteZero951 said:

It may have something to do with the display connectors you are using. For example I have two monitors with the primary, which is set as the primary in the windows settings, is hooked up via displayport and the secondary via DVI and my BIOS, and starting screen is always on it.

I have my monitor hooked trough VGA and my TV trough HDMI, maybe it has something to do with that.

Just now, Tairetsu said:

I have my monitor set as the main display, but the boot up screen always shows on the TV. 

I have my monitor hooked trough VGA and my TV trough HDMI, maybe it has something to do with that.

Oh you mean the boot screen, yeah I have the same problem on mine where my secondary monitor is the boot screen I believe it auto defaults to the identification number which you can't set or change. I think you might be able to make it so it recognizes the main monitor first by plugging them in sequence into the GPU as suggested.

As far as I know, the BIOS just chooses a monitor. I'm not sure how (Might be like W-L mentioned above)

On my previous computer, it correctly used my larger monitor as the primary one.

On my current computer, it uses my smaller, secondary monitor.

I'm still using the same connectors and monitors, the only difference is the PC.

You MIGHT be able to change it by poking around in the BIOS.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

8 minutes ago, W-L said:

that only works when you are booted in windows

you cannot change which monitor the UEFI and boot log is displayed on

that is hardware coded into the GPU and has its own priority list

the only way to have the UEFI display on a different screen is to unplug the TV from the GPU

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

This article discusses it and one person said they fixed it through some BIOS setting and how the GPU handles the displays before windows boots and the drivers load. http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2062655/bios-display-correct-screen-changing-gpu-default-display-prior-windows-loading.html

i7 4790K | MSI Z97S Krait | Gigabyte 980ti Gaming G1 SLI |  2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB + WD Black 4TB | EVGA Supernova P2 1200 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo (White)| Dell P2715Q x2 | Corsiar K70 | Corsair M95 | Full Custom Loop CPU + GPUs 

Just now, Enderman said:

that only works when you are booted in windows

you cannot change which monitor the UEFI and boot log is displayed on

that is hardware coded into the GPU and has its own priority list

the only way to have the UEFI display on a different screen is to unplug the TV from the GPU

A while ago my PC picked up my main monitor as the default one, after cleaning it once or something it started picking up the TV as the main one, so I imagine there has to be some way of modifying it. 

I guess I should also mention that i'm using it on mirror screen mode, but then again, so I was back then. 

4 minutes ago, Tairetsu said:

A while ago my PC picked up my main monitor as the default one, after cleaning it once or something it started picking up the TV as the main one, so I imagine there has to be some way of modifying it. 

I guess I should also mention that i'm using it on mirror screen mode, but then again, so I was back then. 

you sure you didnt unplug one of them and change to a different output port?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

you sure you didnt unplug one of them and change to a different output port?

My GPU only has 1 VGA port and 1 HDMI port, so i'm sure it wasn't that :P