Hackers Claim Breach Of Ku Klux Klan's Security Company

piemadd

A website run by the Ku Klux Klan has been downed as part of what appears to be a significant breach of its host and security provider Staminus. The company, which promises to protect users from distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks, was exposed by a crew going by the name of FTA, which leaked data online yesterday.

Dumped information included customer contact details and password hashes (the result of taking the plain text password on running it through a one-way algorithm to garble the text). The hackers also claimed to have accessed unencrypted credit card details, though FORBES could not verify that claim. They said Staminus had used the same root password to access all its servers and hadn’t issued patches across its network to prevent hacks. Another Staminus service, Intreppid, was also ripped open, according to the hackers.

OK, so first of all, this wasn't anonymous, so don't say that this is a re-post. Anyways, I didn't even know that the KKK still existed. I live in a city where the KKK was very big (in the 60's). The same city where MLK Jr. was born. If you don't about him and you live in the USA, just saying, you're a retard(not trying to hurt anybody's feelings). So they had only one password. Thats like as if you put the same key to every apartment in a complex.

On its Twitter page, it said: “Around 5am PST today, a rare event cascaded across multiple routers in a system wide event, making our backbone unavailable.” Later, Staminus added: “We currently have all hands on deck working to restore service but have no ETA for full recovery.”
At around 7pm PT yesterday, the company said services were back up. But at the time of publication, the Ku Klux Klan domain (kkk[.]com) remained out of action, though Staminus’ site remained up, though it only carried an apology to customers for the outage. “This was a real treat and one that completely blindsided our team. After pillaging and generally shitting on the entirety of Staminus’ & co’s infrastructure, it was discovered that one of the client box’s was housing a real gem,” the FTA wrote.

Heh heh. Dis is guud.When they figured out that the KKK was hosted on the site, they were happy. I decided to go to their website to see what it is like (KKK[.]com). Its more like a tuned down version of the one from the 60's but only supports Donald Trump. So basically, Donald Trump is part of the KKK.

The hackers posted links to downloads of Staminus and Intreppid data, hosting it on the Tor network. It’s done the same for KKK and related sites, including a KKK radio site. At least 15 GB has been dumped.
Staminus, meanwhile, appears to be attempting to stymie any public outcry by deleting tweets where replies had asked about any hack. “When I retweeted them earlier saying they had issues, they just deleted the tweets and tweeted the same thing again.. to get rid of the retweets I guess,” one security expert told FORBES.

15 Gb might not seem like much, but that can hold a kind-of big website. I was too lazy to look around for the hacker(s)'website, but you can try to find the info.

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2016/03/11/kkk-staminus-hacked/#3ecbccdb6942

i like trains 🙂

2 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

OK, so first of all, this wasn't anonymous, so don't say that this is a re-post. Anyways, I didn't even know that the KKK still existed. I live in a city where the KKK was very big (in the 60's). The same city where MLK Jr. was born. If you don't about him and you live in the USA, just saying, you're a retard(not trying to hurt anybody's feelings). So they had only one password. Thats like as if you put the same key to every apartment in a complex.

Heh heh. Dis is guud.When they figured out that the KKK was hosted on the site, they were happy. I decided to go to their website to see what it is like (KKK[.]com). Its more like a tuned down version of the one from the 60's but only supports Donald Trump. So basically, Donald Trump is part of the KKK.

15 Gb might not seem like much, but that can hold a kind-of big website. I was too lazy to look around for the hacker(s)'website, but you can try to find the info.

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2016/03/11/kkk-staminus-hacked/#3ecbccdb6942

KKK is still a thing. Never really was fully rid of.

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

KKK is still a thing. Never really was fully rid of.

It sucks to kow that, but their websit looks like a 3 year oldcould have done better. No, seriously.

i like trains 🙂

Just now, Monkey Dust said:

Racists aren't the sharpest tools in the box, it's why they're racist.

338399f.jpg

i like trains 🙂

I have a source that has witnessed them handing out flyers in a mall up here in Ontario.

1 hour ago, stconquest said:

I have a source that has witnessed them handing out flyers in a mall up here in Ontario.

Like any turbulent time, the reactionaries gain power because people are weak.

We're in the Industrial Revolution Part 2. The reappearance of the KKK is just another parallel.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

If you're not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, maybe don't call them retard at all? Not to mention that it's a completely baseless accusation.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 hours ago, Admiral Naismith said:

The reappearance of the KKK is just another parallel.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but this is actually the third revival of the KKK. The second was a political movement gaining a little momentum; the head was an absolute monster from Indiana, but, to clarify, a large disconnect always existed between the political leaders and populous movements of said organization.

Just now, Energycore said:

If you're not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, maybe don't call them retard at all? Not to mention that it's a completely baseless accusation.

agreed. please, if possible, refrain from using hurtful language. We're all smart here, this is a tech forum xD we can do better

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

6 hours ago, stconquest said:

Really? The KKK in Canada? I mean, really?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I checked out the website and damn it's ugly. I bet that with my little knoledge on html coding I could do better

The smartest idiot you will ever find

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Really? The KKK in Canada? I mean, really?

Yeah.  My cousin was working in a predominately white borough and there they were.

Never heard about a racist Canadian... nice hideout KKK, smart choice... now may you burn in silence.

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

1 hour ago, Atsura said:

Never heard about a racist Canadian... nice hideout KKK, smart choice... now may you burn in silence.

Bad ideas are not stopped by imaginary geographical lines.  ;) 

12 hours ago, stconquest said:

Yeah.  My cousin was working in a predominately white borough and there they were.

Where they like the gay KKK from Chappelle's show? Instead of being violent, they're politely racist and just ask people to leave the neighborhood?

5 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

How the fuck is the KKK allowed a website? lol

The same reason that the Black Panthers are allowed a website, Freedom of Speech

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

The same reason that the Black Panthers are allowed a website, Freedom of Speech

But racism is a crime, surely that overpowers freedom of speech?

15 hours ago, thatguyjerry said:

Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but this is actually the third revival of the KKK. The second was a political movement gaining a little momentum; the head was an absolute monster from Indiana, but, to clarify, a large disconnect always existed between the political leaders and populous movements of said organization.

agreed. please, if possible, refrain from using hurtful language. We're all smart here, this is a tech forum xD we can do better

Perhaps "you're the type of people that download more RAM" would be a nicer way of putting it :P

3 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

But racism is a crime, surely that overpowers freedom of speech?

Racism is not a crime, racial discrimination in any kind of official capacity (government, private enterprise, etc), is. Simply having racist views, is not a crime. You can't outlaw thoughts.

Morality is a different story. You can't legislate morality, although that doesn't stop politicians from trying.

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Racism is not a crime, racial discrimination in any kind of official capacity (government, private enterprise, etc), is. Simply having racist views, is not a crime. You can't outlaw thoughts.

That's what I mean, does this KKK not act on those racist views?

1 minute ago, K0MP4CT said:

That's what I mean, does this KKK not act on those racist views?

They protest and hold rallies, but that's not illegal. When they break the law, I would hope they are prosecuted.

The police are even required to provide security at some of their parades.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

They protest and hold rallies, but that's not illegal. When they break the law, I would hope they are prosecuted.

Ahh okay, I live in the UK, I'm not fully aware of all the things going on in the US. Only some history :P

26 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

Ahh okay, I live in the UK, I'm not fully aware of all the things going on in the US. Only some history :P

Well, what they used to do was murder. Which is obviously illegal.

Isn't Trump their leader ;)