GTX 980Ti classified no video signal

Hi,

recently I have decided to change my GPU from Asus GTX 670 4GB to EVGA gtx 980 ti classified. Sadly the new card had a lot of artefacts and after 5 minutes of gaming died. I returned card and purashed another (980 ti class) one from diffrent shop. Next card didn't even displayed video, so I let the local (good) shop with pc parts change PSU to 700W bequiet straight power 10, they were trying to make the card work but nothing happened. Card still doesn't display video.

Card that im using now works properly for 2-3 years.

video of first card: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrwZeBxBK8g

card that I have now:

card that I have now without PSU:

Specs:
i7-3770k 4.6 GHz 1.25v
AsRock z77 extreme 4
Asus GTX 670 4GB
Adata gaming 2x4 gb
BeQuiet 630W Pure power L8  http://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/250
Gladus X80 pure black (6 fans at medium spead)

WD Blue 1TB

Plextor M6S 256GB

I know my PSU is a little small for gtx 980 ti but the card should work even on 600w, and overclock aswell)

I used DDU before instalations of new cards.

I tryed clearing cmos.

CARD WORKS IN DIFFRENT PC!

Any suggestions?

See if you can try the card on a different monitor/PC?

Just now, HydraGaming said:

See if you can try the card on a different monitor/PC?

I can not use diffrent PC. As you can see I tried 2 diffrent monitors.

I forgot to mention that card works in diffrent PCs.

I am inclined to believe that this has nothing to do with the video card itself.

You purchased the first 980 Ti, which began to artifact and died shortly thereafter.  You returned it and bought another 980 Ti, which hasn't displayed anything since you installed it.  You then tried the newest 980 Ti in another computer and it worked.

When your original 980 Ti stopped working, it more than likely wasn't the video card itself either.  

Have you tried installing your new 980 Ti into another x16 slot on your motherboard?  Additionally, why are you trying to test the video card without the 8/6 pins from the power supply hooked up? 

53 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I am inclined to believe that this has nothing to do with the video card itself.

You purchased the first 980 Ti, which began to artifact and died shortly thereafter.  You returned it and bought another 980 Ti, which hasn't displayed anything since you installed it.  You then tried the newest 980 Ti in another computer and it worked.

When your original 980 Ti stopped working, it more than likely wasn't the video card itself either.  

Have you tried installing your new 980 Ti into another x16 slot on your motherboard?  Additionally, why are you trying to test the video card without the 8/6 pins from the power supply hooked up? 

Yes, I have (link from topic):

Card doesn't display anything.

2 hours ago, Jake_ said:

You lost me there.  What are you saying yes to?

I originally asked if you tried installing your new 980 Ti into another x16 slot on your motherboard?

Both videos show the video card in the same same slot.

Additionally, why are you trying to test the video card without the 8/6 pins from the power supply hooked up?

I asked that out of curiosity because I'm interested in knowing what that accomplishes. 

10 minutes ago, Jake_ said:

When you tried the card in diferent PC's and different Monitors did you use a different hdmi/display port cable???? Have u tried a different 1 just in case its that

2 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

When you tried the card in diferent PC's and different Monitors did you use a different hdmi/display port cable???? Have u tried a different 1 just in case its that

I sent the card to retailer to make him check if the card works, so cables were different. I realy don't think that's the cables because they work right now with the old card.

It was just a thought. have you tried connecting the card directly too the psu with 8 pin and 6 pin connectors

14 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You lost me there.  What are you saying yes to?

I originally asked if you tried installing your new 980 Ti into another x16 slot on your motherboard?

Both videos show the video card in the same same slot.

Additionally, why are you trying to test the video card without the 8/6 pins from the power supply hooked up?

I asked that out of curiosity because I'm interested in knowing what that accomplishes. 

I was talking about power cables, as you can see in the video, they are clearly not plugged in.

I also tryed the other slot on the motherboard still nothing.

1 minute ago, danrey84 said:

It was just a thought. have you tried connecting the card directly too the psu with 8 pin and 6 pin connectors

Yes, in all possible configurations.

If it works on a different PC with a different power supply part of me wants to say its your psu not being strong enough to power it even though the minimum is 600w. Your running the power cables too it straight from the psu and not on an extention??

2 hours ago, danrey84 said:

If it works on a different PC with a different power supply part of me wants to say its your psu not being strong enough to power it even though the minimum is 600w. Your running the power cables too it straight from the psu and not on an extention??

Based on what I can see in the video, he is using extensions.  

OP, if your extensions are the 8/6 pin splitter type so that you can turn one 8/6 pin into two, that might be part of your problem.  You may have actually damaged your power supply with the first 980 Ti that produced artifacts right before dying. 

3 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

I tryed swapping PSU to 700W StraightPower 10 and still didn't work.

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Based on what I can see in the video, he is using extensions.  

OP, if your extensions are the 8/6 pin splitter type so that you can turn one 8/6 pin into two, that might be part of your problem.  You may have actually damaged your power supply with the first 980 Ti that produced artifacts right before dying. 

I tryed swapping PSU to 700W StraightPower 10 and still didn't work. Was not using extentions.

When you tested the newest 980 Ti in another computer, was it before or after you installed it in your computer? 

Are you using splitters then??

You need to have 2 cables going from the PSU. 1x6 pin and 1x8pin. No extensions and no splitters. Does your mobo have onboard graphics??? Maybe worth to see in your BIOS if the card is being recognised.

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

When you tested the newest 980 Ti in another computer, was it before or after you installed it in your computer? 

After

3 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

Are you using splitters then??

You need to have 2 cables going from the PSU. 1x6 pin and 1x8pin. No extensions and no splitters. Does your mobo have onboard graphics 

Card requires 2x8pin... Card doesn't work with extensions/spliters or without. My CPU has onboard graphics.

2 hours ago, Jake_ said:

After

Well at this point, I suspect that your old power supply and the 700w one that you also tried just weren't up to the task.  What power supply did the other computer that you installed it in have?  The setup that actually worked.

Ok sorry 2 8 pin connectors then. I know this maybe a long shot but have a look in bios too see if your mobo is selecting onboard graphics instead. Its worth a peek  

8 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

Ok sorry 2 8 pin connectors then. I know this maybe a long shot but have a look in bios too see if your mobo is selecting onboard graphics instead. Its worth a peek  

Tryed disabling onboard graphics in safe mode in windows. Dont realy know how to do it in bios.

2 hours ago, Jake_ said:

Tryed disabling onboard graphics in safe mode in windows.

Turn it off in BIOS.