GTX 980Ti classified no video signal

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Turn it off in BIOS.

Yea that's what I originally said. Don't do it in safe mode.

In maybe under chipset configuration and normally it would say GPU or something like that but it may have inadvertently changed it to on-board graphics but you must remember now to 'Enable' on-board graphics as you just disabled it before..... 

hahahah or the problem is now solved. I'm waiting with baited breath haha

1 hour ago, danrey84 said:

Does the old card work in the slot where the new 980ti goes???

Yes, it works great. 100% stable since 3 years.

Jokes on you guys, I just had to take a nap.

9 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

Have u tried too see if your power cables are not fualty???

I swapped entire PSU...

3 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

How old is you mobo????

3 years.

Part of me wants to say the motherboard isn't able to handle it in someway. As we know the card works it just seems your tv is not getting the image but the card works on another rig????

2 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

Part of me wants to say the motherboard isn't able to handle it in someway. As we know the card works it just seems your tv is not getting the image but the card works on another rig????

People use this card with my motherboard. There are 3d mark benchmarks.

In the video, it looks like your sound card is not connected to the PSU. But I would suggest you take the pc apart, put it onto a cardboard box and try to boot it with essential components only, so CPU, mobo, RAM and 980Ti. No sound cards, ssd's hdd's etc.

Sounds like a problem with your PCIE slot. Shine a light at the PCIE slot you're putting your card into and check if any dirt is inside or any damage to the inside. I had this very same problem a few days ago before I upgraded my GPU. My 980 was artifacting on the screen after I changed the thermal paste, thought I killed my card but after some "what if its this" I decided to blow into my PCIE slot and clean the bottom of my GPU (bit that goes into the PCIE slot) and plugged it back in... artifacting went away and all was well again. Now this could very well not be your problem, only pointing out what was wrong with mine and it could also be the same issue you're having.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

15 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

how many pcie slots do you have ???

2 board supports sli/cross, tryed both.

3 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Sounds like a problem with your PCIE slot. Shine a light at the PCIE slot you're putting your card into and check if any dirt is inside or any damage to the inside. I had this very same problem a few days ago before I upgraded my GPU. My 980 was artifacting on the screen after I changed the thermal paste, thought I killed my card but after some "what if its this" I decided to blow into my PCIE slot and clean the bottom of my GPU (bit that goes into the PCIE slot) and plugged it back in... artifacting went away and all was well again. Now this could very well not be your problem, only pointing out what was wrong with mine and it could also be the same issue you're having.

I will try it tommorow, thanks

Try to update your BIOS with your old card inserted, then reboot with the new card.

29 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

Try to update your BIOS with your old card inserted, then reboot with the new card.

Bios is up to date.

5 hours ago, Jake_ said:

Jokes on you guys, I just had to take a nap.

No bud, the jokes on you.  Both of my 980 Tis work.  :P

Seriously though, this issue of yours is odd.  The card that you currently have works on other motherboards and different cards work on your motherboard.  To sum it up, it makes no sense.  I wish you the best.

10 hours ago, done12many2 said:

No bud, the jokes on you.  Both of my 980 Tis work.  :P

Seriously though, this issue of yours is odd.  The card that you currently have works on other motherboards and different cards work on your motherboard.  To sum it up, it makes no sense.  I wish you the best.

Thanks man, I agree, this is just stupid.

Thank you guys for all help, but it doesn't look like it is going to work. I have decided to buy almost whole new rig apart form hard drives and case. Here is my new build im getting next week:

i7-6700k

Asus z170 deluxe

Corsair 2x8GB LPX

EVGA 850W G2

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3

Wish me luck with it ^_^

Just a small and petty question, was the 980ti inserted properly in the slot? The card is big, and there must be some obstacle that doesn't let the card to slide in the slot properly. Just a hunch, worth checking.

Youtube Gaming Channel : International Gaming Forum (IGF) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3kAr9J4RlOjuRVmoBRu5fQ

Intel Core i7 6700k   I   Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 Motherboard   I   Gskill Ripjaws V F4 3000Mhz 16GB RAM   I   Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming   I   Samsung 850 Evo M.2 SSD

I   Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA SSD   I   Seagate 4TB Mechanical HDD   I   Antec H2O 1250 CPU Liquid Cooler   I   NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Chassis   I   Mad Catz Cyborg V7 Gaming Keyboard   

I   Mad Catz M.M.O.T.E Gaming Mouse   I     So Basically, Oculus Ready!

35 minutes ago, Chirag Borawake said:

Just a small and petty question, was the 980ti inserted properly in the slot? The card is big, and there must be some obstacle that doesn't let the card to slide in the slot properly. Just a hunch, worth checking.

Card sits in the slot properly.