Debating on giving up my Full Frame Nikon

Pinoy04
Go to solution Solved by Blade of Grass,

No offense, but you'd be out of your mind to step down to mirrorless. You're currently shooting one of the best cameras out there. Are you having issues with the D800?

Thinking of switching my full Frame Nikon D800  for a Fujifilm X-Pro or a Leica Full Frame M series Range Finder...or just keep and just buy new lenses?

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 760 FTW 4GB | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) RED | SSD: Corsair Force Series 240 GB SATA 3 | PSU: Corsair AX 760 Watt Fully Modular | OS:  Windows 8

sell it and buy the mirrorless

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

What do you normally do? Shoot photos? Video? Low light?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

What do you normally do? Shoot photos? Video? Low light?

Mainly Photo and these are scenic photos and a bit of Video for personal trips..as far as low light not so much...

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 760 FTW 4GB | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) RED | SSD: Corsair Force Series 240 GB SATA 3 | PSU: Corsair AX 760 Watt Fully Modular | OS:  Windows 8

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33006060@N04/8589973563/

Here's a sample shot taken in Zelker Park in Austin, TX with the D800

No offense, but you'd be out of your mind to step down to mirrorless. You're currently shooting one of the best cameras out there. Are you having issues with the D800?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Well no issues with the D800 just don't like the fact that I have a $5k sitting in the dust..

I reckon the Leica would be pretty awesome to play around with. It's lost a lot of the traditional leica features which hardcore leica geeks can't stand, but if you're after the nostalgia of old school photography I think it would be absolutely awesome!

I reckon the Leica would be pretty awesome to play around with. It's lost a lot of the traditional leica features which hardcore leica geeks can't stand, but if you're after the nostalgia of old school photography I think it would be absolutely awesome!

Yea I was going for that too..and also since it is the only form factor that is Full Frame its the only choice I could make...

Yea I was going for that too..and also since it is the only form factor that is Full Frame its the only choice I could make...

or you could get a canon 

#KilledMyWife 

or you could get a canon 

No point, they're equal, and he already owns the Nikon gear, he'd loose money going to Cannon

15" MBP TB

No point, they're equal, and he already owns the Nikon gear, he'd loose money going to Cannon

or you could get a canon 

I went from a Canon 7D to a Nikon D800 sold ALL of my canon lenses and extras for the Nikon.

To be honest though Canon and Nikon are equal I see more richness with the Nikon than I do with the Canon Images I had..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33006060@N04/8589973563/

Here's a sample shot taken in Zelker Park in Austin, TX with the D800

No offense, but those photos on flickr aren't really something to show off your skills or the capabilities of the camera.

Well no issues with the D800 just don't like the fact that I have a $5k sitting in the dust..

A Leica M is probably a lot more money sitting in the dust then ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

No offense, but those photos on flickr aren't really something to show off your skills or the capabilities of the camera.

A Leica M is probably a lot more money sitting in the dust then ...

I never said I was a master of photography now did I?

for what its worth I liked some of the photo's, but you don't need a d800 to do what you like to do. I think you would love a Leica 

#KilledMyWife 

Well I am sorry, I didn't want to offend you (what I clearly did). What do you expect from the Leica M-System? It is definetly a lot more expensive than a D800. Leica M are still quite heavy and more on the large side. Also keep in mind, that you'd change from a 'autofocus-beast' to an all manual focus system

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Well I am sorry, I didn't want to offend you (what I clearly did). What do you expect from the Leica M-System? It is definetly a lot more expensive than a D800. Leica M are still quite heavy and more on the large side. Also keep in mind, that you'd change from a 'autofocus-beast' to an all manual focus system

Adding to this, you can kiss any sort of "lets just do it" style of photography with the Leica M camera. Your friends come over say were going to see F1, well your manual focus isn't going to be enough. Or bird shooting or a car chase is going by etc. The D800 is a great let's just go and shoot camera and you would lose a lot with the Leica 

#KilledMyWife