The WAN Show Hoodie

1 minute ago, DebatED Nothing said:

I've been stung 1 too many times by shipping expensive goods from aboard. Ordered a keyboard from massdrop at a supposed discount, after $20 shipping and £35 import duty, it was about £15 more than it would have been on amazon...

When buying like this, you have to assume you will get hit buy customs when ordering, and consider yourself lucky if you don't. I don't object to the tax part (20%) but the handling fee they stick on top always seems excessive. So I limit myself only to items that otherwise are not obtainable locally. Not worth the hassle and risk for normal stuff.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

First thing I thought when I saw the price in the video: "Oh, 1st of April, duh..."

Joke's 48h early?

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

No, unfortunately this is it :( we had a very limited production run here and had to have a very quick turnaround for sending to retailers. Once they bailed we had to reallocate to Performance-PCs, who very graciously accepted the extra stock.

We are as well. They bailed at the 11th hour and really left us in a horrible spot, because now it looks like we pretty much ignored our EU community, which was not the case at all... Really brutal.

Definitely understand that - it's a premium price for a premium hoodie as is, with the shipping, import duties, etc. it really makes it a difficult sell for EU people. I really wish we could have provided a better option for you guys!!

If some of the stock from NA doesn't move for a while I can look into a few other options for EU fulfillment, but right now it looks like they're moving quite quickly...

Ok, Thanks for the info.

Went ahead and bought it anyway, I really wanted it :P.

Got it from NCIX for pretty much $200 Canadian with express shipping. Not as bad as I thought.

If it gets through customs then not too bad. Otherwise I'll live :P.

3 hours ago, jx22 said:

For anyone still wondering, the sizing chart has been posted on Performance-PC's page here:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/linus-tech-tips-wan-hoodie.html#Specifications

It should be under specs

Thanks for linking that :)

It's also linked under the video here:

1 hour ago, porina said:

I debated a bit if I should get one at the cost it would to import to UK, and ordered in the end through NCIX. Total with shipping was just under 200 CAD, and there's a fair chance I'll be stung by customs by the time it gets here.

This makes it the most expensive single piece of clothing I've ever bought, so it better be worth it! Dennis really sold it to me :) Now I wait...

Really hope you enjoy it! Sorry we couldn't provide a better option for you guys in Europe, we tried... :(

I love mine. Super comfy, super functional, and doesn't look half-bad either!

1 hour ago, DebatED Nothing said:

I've been stung 1 too many times by shipping expensive goods from aboard. Ordered a keyboard from massdrop at a supposed discount, after $20 shipping and £35 import duty, it was about £15 more than it would have been on amazon...

Yep, we experience similar crap here in Canada. Luckily we're by the border, and often you don't get dinged if you ship to a PO box and drive it across yourself, but anytime I ship something to my house from the US I expect to pay another $20-40 CAD by the time it gets here, in addition to the high cost of the USD :(

1 hour ago, Mutuh said:

First thing I thought when I saw the price in the video: "Oh, 1st of April, duh..."

Joke's 48h early?

No?

We announced the price back in January. It's a well-made, premium piece of clothing with a lot of functionality.

38 minutes ago, Reser said:

Ok, Thanks for the info.

Went ahead and bought it anyway, I really wanted it :P.

Got it from NCIX for pretty much $200 Canadian with express shipping. Not as bad as I thought.

If it gets through customs then not too bad. Otherwise I'll live :P.

Hope you enjoy it when it arrives!! :)

My order from NCIX already shipped by FedEX Express Delivery =D. Hoping it arrives by Monday. Unlikely but possible :x.

I guess combining an order (if anyone else wants it from EU or even Germany and is gonna bear custom fees) would be an option to reduce shipping fees as the more expensive overseas shipping will be reduces greatly, if anyone interested PM me.

PS: Somehow I can't believe this is supposed to be only 8", do I understand the sizing in the colom 'underarm' just wrong?

b7b0cd51ed.jpg

Got mine on monday and love it, so comfy and so many pockets. Still not sure how to use the cable management loops though, like should I just leave my earbuds attached to the hoodie? I definitely don't want to put them through everytime I want to use them. Either way I like it.

Also Dennis should host more videos.

R7 2700x | ASUS Strix X470-f | 4x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Zotac RTX 2080ti | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
2x Xeon X5650 | Supermicro X8DT3-LN4F | 6x4 Micron DDR3 ECC | 4x4TB HDD

If you're in UK and really want the hoodie I advise getting it from Performance PC. It'll run you about 100 pounds(fedex international priority) but I'm assuming that OCUK would have sold theirs for at least 80-ish since they'll probably sell it a little higher than direct conversion like NCIX does with their stock. Since OCUK also makes you pay 11 pounds for shipping via DPD, you're effectively spending about 10 pounds more ASSUMING we don't get hit by customs. I've been told that Performance PCs usually does not get hit by customs for delivery under fedex international priority but they themselves could not confirm that would be the case this time. I bought one yesterday for the UK and will let anyone who's interested know if it got hit by customs when it arrives.

Definitely not ideal for the UK/EU people but I think that's the best option we have now. Linus on twitter said that they made 600 and once they're gone it's very very unlikely they'll come back so those that really really want it unfortunately will have to go through this extra fee, which thankfully is not too big in the UK if you don't get hit by customs. Unfortunately I can't say I know much about the shipping costs to the various parts of EU or the custom situations there.

I know it has been addressed but just wanted to complain that we don't have stock in the UK, I've never been a fan of overclockers.co.uk anyway and the first thing I ever purchased from them was the LTT/LMG Noctua fans.

Azure Fists - "Grown men playing with each other since 2009"

Spoiler
Spoiler

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-4590T, OS : Windows 10 64bit + Custom Alienware Console Interface, GPU : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5, RAM : 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz, SSD : Kingston V300 240GB, WIFI : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0, CASE : Alienware Alpha, PSU : External Power Brick, MOBO : Custom Dell Motherboard.

Spoiler

CPU : i5 6600, Mobo : Asus Z97i-Plus, RAM : 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LED, GPU : Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080, Case : Silverstone RVZ02, Storage : SanDisk 1TB M.2, PSU : Silverstone Strider SST-SX700-LG, Display(s) : AOC Q2963PM 29" IPS Ultra Wide 21:9, Fans : Noctua NH-L9i with Be Quiet Pure Wings 2, Keyboard : Razer Blackwidow Stealth 2015, Mouse : Razer Naga 2015, Sound : LG Wireless Soundbar /Razer Kraken Pro, OS : Windows 10

4 minutes ago, LLOYD-AF said:

I know it has been addressed but just wanted to complain that we don't have stock in the UK, I've never been a fan of overclockers.co.uk anyway and the first thing I ever purchased from them was the LTT/LMG Noctua fans.

Yeah,

I'm not much of a fan of OverclockersUK either, their customer service is pretty terrible once you're outside the 30-day required by law return window.

To get the Hoodie imported into the UK it's about £108 inc shipping. :(

15 hours ago, porina said:

Total with shipping was just under 200 CAD

Ouch. And I thought $139AUD + p&h was harsh

1 minute ago, Madpanda550 said:

Ouch. And I thought $139AUD + p&h was harsh

Well converting the GBP to the AUD.

It's $201 AUD's to get it to the UK... :(

(Or $200 CAD).

18 hours ago, Okjoek said:

What I meant was that the price was too high for me, not the product. I'm sure that it's probably a fair deal for such a premium product. Sorry if I sounded like I was bashing it. I haven't purchased so I'm not that justified in reviewing.

That T stirt mikat linked to does look like a great price.

it is available as a hoodie, click the drop down :D

18 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

The WAN stealth hoodie on TeeSpring is really well priced and seems easy to import, do you know when another run of that model will be done?

easy to import but not easy on your wallet.

to the EU: rip wallet :/

total cost for my WAN stealth hoodie:

44.27 for the hoodie

11.49 shipping

22 euros import costs

77.76 euros

10 hours ago, Celmor said:

I guess combining an order (if anyone else wants it from EU or even Germany and is gonna bear custom fees) would be an option to reduce shipping fees as the more expensive overseas shipping will be reduces greatly, if anyone interested PM me.

PS: Somehow I can't believe this is supposed to be only 8", do I understand the sizing in the colom 'underarm' just wrong?

b7b0cd51ed.jpg

that is when it's flat, not the diameter when you're wearing it i think :)

using simple math that is a diameter of:
8*2/pi=5.1"

1 hour ago, mikat said:

that is when it's flat, not the diameter when you're wearing it i think :)

using simple math that is a diameter of:
8*2/pi=5.1"

Either way it's way off. Try to imagine squezing yourself into an 8" hole...

The arrow for "Chest" is about the same on the image but the measurements are way different.

13 hours ago, Celmor said:

b7b0cd51ed.jpg

3 hours ago, Mutuh said:

Thanks, that explains it. Though the arrow on the image stills goes horizontally from one side to the other to each point "under the arm" and is just as long as the Chest measurement...

So I guess the image is kinda wrong or unclear then...

If the cheapest way for EU people would be Performance-PCs then I'm gonna give them a shot.

Hope there'l be another print at some point though, I think these are popular enough to justify another go, maybe you can give more people in the EU a better shot then.

I just hate it if handling, shipping and customs takes away most of the cash that really should go to you guys but this kind of outcome sometimes can't be averted and isn't under your control.

Hope I'll receive mine soon them without custom taking it in for weeks and holding it up etc.

Sometimes you gotta pay up for a premium product and I'm sure I'll be glad that I've done it once I have it.

Thanks for your work guys.

I ordered one, I'll let you guys know if it's worth the price of a mens fashion coat.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

11 hours ago, Celmor said:

Thanks, that explains it. Though the arrow on the image stills goes horizontally from one side to the other to each point "under the arm" and is just as long as the Chest measurement...

So I guess the image is kinda wrong or unclear then...

If the cheapest way for EU people would be Performance-PCs then I'm gonna give them a shot.

Hope there'l be another print at some point though, I think these are popular enough to justify another go, maybe you can give more people in the EU a better shot then.

I just hate it if handling, shipping and customs takes away most of the cash that really should go to you guys but this kind of outcome sometimes can't be averted and isn't under your control.

Hope I'll receive mine soon them without custom taking it in for weeks and holding it up etc.

Sometimes you gotta pay up for a premium product and I'm sure I'll be glad that I've done it once I have it.

Thanks for your work guys.

Yeah, also the height seems to way more than what it should be on the diagram. 28" of height (from the shoulders to the bottom of the hoodie) seems like a hell of a lot.

I'm pretty much a Medium for everything, so I ordered a Medium for the low low price of £110 GBP.

Managed to get one from Performance PC, delivery to the UK scheduled for Tuesday and at a total cost of £98

Picked up the 2XL as I'm a larger gent (also I like baggier clothing) though I am a little worried about sleeve length, can anyone advise on this?

1 hour ago, Ha3ks said:

Managed to get one from Performance PC, delivery to the UK scheduled for Tuesday and at a total cost of £98

Picked up the 2XL as I'm a larger gent (also I like baggier clothing) though I am a little worried about sleeve length, can anyone advise on this?

When I compared the measurements the sleeve length seems to be way more, I thought it was because of these glove thingies that can be pulled out of the sleeves. If mine are too long at the end I'd just roll 'em up a bit.