Hey guys, 

I am interested in Cinematography and want to be able to shoot some good short films on Ideas I have and eventually go to a film school and get into the profession. I have been studying VFX under a professional but I know nothing about lighting and how the footage is shot and how to get good camera angles and lighting in a shot. I was hoping you guys knew of any good guides books or tutorials where I could study how to get good lighting and how to get a good shot of what I am visualizing in my head... Just so that I can do some short films and get an idea of how it would be done before I go join a film school which might be in about a year or so since currently I am studying VFX.

Any guides/tutorials/books that would help me get started and progress into more complex stuff and getting into proper Cinematography.

Thanks guys. 

Watch everything Filmriot ever put out.. or stuff like Indy Mogul. dunno about books and stuff though

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

Here are some good tubers you would want to check out to learn about the art of film

Tessa Violet/Shawna Howson

Jared Polin 

Kai Wong

Scott Eggleston

Ryan Connolly

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Watch everything Filmriot ever put out.. or stuff like Indy Mogul. dunno about books and stuff though

Yes I have been following Film Riot for sometime now, I need some more in-depth stuff like technical stuff. Thanks a lot for the help....

Here are some good tubers you would want to check out to learn about the art of film

Tessa Violet/Shawna Howson

Jared Polin 

Kai Wong

Scott Eggleston

Ryan Connolly

Cool, Will definitely check it all out for sure... Any books you could recommend as well that get into more technical details about lighting and camera angles etc... Thanks a lot for your help....

Cool, Will definitely check it all out for sure... Any books you could recommend as well that get into more technical details about lighting and camera angles etc... Thanks a lot for your help....

I am currently reading filmmaking for dummies, its a free pdf download and it gives some good info

#KilledMyWife 

I am currently reading filmmaking for dummies, its a free pdf download and it gives some good info

Awesome I will check it out, could you post the link as well if it's not too much trouble. 

Remember, Cinematography takes a while to master. And even then there is always more to learn.

In my experience I watched videos but did not use them as a guide, just as tips.

Go out, go film stuff. Learn from your mistakes, not from other peoples.

chirag.rh

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Also now matter how hard you try your 1st 50 videos will be bad and your going to make some dumb choices and make a bad film 

#KilledMyWife 

Remember, Cinematography takes a while to master. And even then there is always more to learn.

In my experience I watched videos but did not use them as a guide, just as tips.

Go out, go film stuff. Learn from your mistakes, not from other peoples.

chirag.rh

Ok cool I get it, Experiment as much as possible and learn from my mistakes and eventually get better at it right? Got it.... Thanks a lot for the advice and help...

Also now matter how hard you try your 1st 50 videos will be bad and your going to make some dumb choices and make a bad film 

Understood... Thanks a lot for your advice...

I'm sorry but I did not understand what you meant here... Buying subs? Could you explain.

you can buy like 500 fake youtube subscribers for like $20 

#KilledMyWife 

you can buy like 500 fake youtube subscribers for like $20 

Lol, That's hilarious. No man, I wanna earn my subscribers. No point in buying subscribers, I learn nothing and it feels like I achieved nothing in life. When I'm gonna post videos on Youtube, I want people to come back for more because they like it rather than they get paid.

Lol, That's hilarious. No man, I wanna earn my subscribers. No point in buying subscribers, I learn nothing and it feels like I achieved nothing in life. When I'm gonna post videos on Youtube, I want people to come back for more because they like it rather than they get paid.

yeah I have 63 and I feel great to know I earned them 

#KilledMyWife 

very interesting watch 

#KilledMyWife 

yeah I have 63 and I feel great to know I earned them 

Cool, could I check out your channel? What's your channel name?

Looks cool man, you got yourself another subscriber...

Cheers! :D

Thanks man, lemme know when you start up your channel and i'll be your 1st subscriber

#KilledMyWife 

Thanks man, lemme know when you start up your channel and i'll be your 1st subscriber

Sure man, as you know since I'm just starting out I will have to do some more R&D before I start up... I will keep you in the loop! Thanks for all the Advice...