Piracy? Do You Participate?

2 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Here's my stance. Talking from a UK perspective.

There's no real excuse to pirate Music, legal services have reached the point where they have matched what Piracy had to offer, it took them over a decade but they got there.

The gaming industry have also embraced digital online distribution, and developed platforms that are far more compelling than pirating games.

The TV and Movie industry do not provide a legal service that comes close to competing with what piracy can deliver. With some minimal exceptions, there's no real excuse to pirate Netflix original content for example.

This is so true. Netflix and other streaming services actually made pirating more of a hassle. If I have access to stream it legally, I'm not going to bother trying to download it. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

But people, let's ask the more important question here...who DIDN'T torrent windows?

Just now, WarWeeny said:

But people, let's ask the more important question here...who DIDN'T torrent windows?

why would u torrent it.....its free on MS website.

I torrent TV Series as I literally have no way of watching some of them. I will then support the show by buying merch. I never torrent, games or software however. 

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Who justifies torrenting music because you go see the artists live?

Just now, jackm1120 said:

Was that aimed at me?

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

4 minutes ago, jackm1120 said:

why would u torrent it.....its free on MS website.

no licence, aka, not useful.

Besides, they took down all copies of windows 7 and earlier builds, because they force windows 10 on people.

1 minute ago, IAcKI said:

Was that aimed at me?

yeah U!...im kidding i do that all the time

5 minutes ago, jackm1120 said:

let me just hop on my private jet and go to south korea to a BoA concert, and then fly straight to Japan, to get the last train to the new reveal of Utada Hikaru, yeah that sounds like a plan! lol

Although, i do have all the albums and DVDs of Utada, i was that big a fan of her, back in the good ol days.

I do, but to be honest, it's mostly because I don't have the time to look for the CDs I want. That and does it look lik 50 cents will buy me the albums I want from eBay. 

Granted, I do own some albums, and I rip them for my own use.

nB08V.png

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I stopped. I'm 5 months sober

Just now, jackm1120 said:

yeah U!...im kidding i do that all the time

It's because shows I watched when I had a TV carried on but the extortionate prices of TV/cable in the UK forced me to stop it and just use netflix, prime etc. But as they often only put on 1-2 seasons of like a 5 season show it's a pain.  

See my Build here!

19 minutes ago, KemoKa said:

I pirated Linux once :D

/s

Nah, I don't really think piracy is a good thing, but I also think that it would be far less of a problem if companies would stop geo-blocking content in different countries to make a profit off of their consumer base. That's just sociopathically evil on a global scale. They bitch and scream about piracy when the policies they put in place are the core cause of most of the piracy out there in the first place, but they won't lift a finger to mitigate the problem.

So until they get rid of the problem, we should rally round and attack them with our rakes and pitchforks... and hooks and eyepatches and cutlasses and peglegs and big feathery hats and demand that they change their ways, the bloomin' scallawags, ARRRRRRRRR :D ME INTERNET HEARTIES, LET US SAIL THE SEVEN (most-used) TOP LEVEL DOMAINS AND DEMAND JUSTICE FER WAT WE BEEN SUFFERIN' AT THE HANDS OF THESE CORPORATE LANDLUBBERS. 

sorry, got carried away with the pirate thing... Pirate Fox Lolis are a sub-fetish of mine.

I once too torrent linux my friend, I got the oobootoo. But I can't find games and my mom said itwas tah viruses. So I know pirates the Linux systems Oob anymore has now. 

Now I sit and game on my keyboard plugged into a tomato. 

2 minutes ago, jaffer said:

I stopped. I'm 5 months sober

Hi im Jack and im a pirater 

13 minutes ago, WarWeeny said:

Umm. the iso is on Microsoft's website, and upgrading to 10 from 7 or 8 is basically a free activation. 

I do torrent things from time to time. If i'm unsure about a game I'm going to play, I'll torrent it first, see if I like it. After that I'll pay full price or uninstall it. Pirating is definitely bad and illegal, but I can also agree that things like Sony Vegas/Adobe Master Collection are ridiculously priced. I don't really torrent music becuse I buy all my metal albums and 90% of EDM is free anyway.

Music? I do

Movies? I do when they are not on Netflix

Software? I draw the line there.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

ummm, we can discuss the subject in general, but asking if others participate is not what is allowed as per our Community Standards:

Talking about piracy in general is acceptable, posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not.

admitting to illegal practices should be something best left to one's personal self.

just a FYI, remember, the internet does not forget and what is pronounced publicly on a forum can be traced back to your comment(s).