Gaming on primary monitor (full screen), browsing on secondary

johnpathia21
Go to solution Solved by Van Weapon,

just set the game to windowed borderless or windowed if thats not an option and youll be fine

Hello guys! Im going to buy a new monitor today! So im just wondering if i can setup a dual monitor connection and play games on the primary monitor and just browse on the second (chrome, windows programms etc) 

Windows version: 8.1

Gpu: Msi Gtx 750ti Gaming Oc 2GB

Thanks in advance :)

Yea you can,running the same setup as well,AND with a 750Ti!

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

Just now, johnpathia21 said:

Hello guys! Im going to buy a new monitor today! So im just wondering if i can setup a dual monitor connection and play games on the primary monitor and just browse on the second (chrome, windows programms etc) 

Yup running that at home right now. Works great for games like heavily modded minecraft where you can have the FTB wiki up to look at. one thing to not is that some full screen games will minimize when you click out but come back fine. 

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

Would suggest to play borderless in most games, it helps when you alt-tab.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

8 minutes ago, johnpathia21 said:

I run that same setup. Actually, we have the same graphics card as well. Im running 2 1080p monitors like that.

6 minutes ago, SirDucksallot said:

Yea you can,running the same setup as well,AND with a 750Ti!

May I ask how you managed to configure it?

just set the game to windowed borderless or windowed if thats not an option and youll be fine

| MOBO MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | CPU i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz | RAM G.Skill 16GB 2133MHz | SSD Kingston 240GB / HDD Seagate 3TB | GPU MSI Gaming GTX 970 |

| Cooling CM Nepton 240M | Display Philips BDM4065UC 40in 4K | Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry Blue | Mouse Logitech G502 | Case Fractal Design Core 2500 |

PSU Rankings

Just now, johnpathia21 said:

Alright guys thanks! Does anybody know how to Configure it? Ive no idea how to set this up

Plug in 2nd screen,go to your desktop,right click,''Screen Resolution'' and then assign a number to the monitors(should do it by itself) and then choose ''Extend These Displays'' on the ''Multiple Displays'' tab.Cheers!

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

I have a 750ti and I gotta say it works. Some games handle fullscreen differently. 

Darkest Dungeon acts like a borderless window in fullscreen.

Rocksmith 2014 totally minimizes when you leave the window.

7 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

I have a 750ti and I gotta say it works. Some games handle fullscreen differently. 

Darkest Dungeon acts like a borderless window in fullscreen.

Rocksmith 2014 totally minimizes when you leave the window.

Blade and soul does the same, but there the "fullscreen" option is just borderless.

May be the case there to?

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored