How to mod "keyless start" on pc

Bajantechnician
34 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes it's doable with some tinkering, for powering the unit though to keep it checking for an RFID signal or key, you will need to most likely tap into the 5V power line or USB for the receiver. Sounds like an interesting project and could be good for security in like an office environment. 

I see. 

Would I be able to tap into the cpu power?

It's for a camaro pc mod

17 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

I see. 

Would I be able to tap into the cpu power?

It's for a camaro pc mod

Like the 8 pin EPS line, you could take a signal from there if needed and program something to recognize it.

4 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

Try looking for modules that are just RFID based switches as the extra cost with those come with car based features like remote locks and alarms which wouldn't really be needed on a PC :D 

If you were to modify something by using an arduino and use an add in card for the RFID scanner and sense line directly for detecting CPU power that would be a very modular system and let you set everything up as needed:

http://www.instructables.com/id/BEST-WAY-TO-TURN-ON-PC-USING-ARDUINO-AND-RFID-AMAZ/

3 hours ago, W-L said:

Try looking for modules that are just RFID based switches as the extra cost with those come with car based features like remote locks and alarms which wouldn't really be needed on a PC :D 

If you were to modify something by using an arduino and use an add in card for the RFID scanner and sense line directly for detecting CPU power that would be a very modular system and let you set everything up as needed:

http://www.instructables.com/id/BEST-WAY-TO-TURN-ON-PC-USING-ARDUINO-AND-RFID-AMAZ/

cant seem to find any

cant seem to find any

Check that instructables link I posted it shows all the parts and even how to code/setup a RFID card system to activate a PC. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Check that instructables link I posted it shows all the parts and even how to code/setup a RFID card system to activate a PC. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13501913-Chevrolet-Factory-OEM-KEY-FOB-Keyless-Entry-Remote-Alarm-Replace-/251285912551?fits=Year%3A2016|Model%3ACamaro&hash=item3a81cebbe7:g:5PwAAOSwX~dWjEPt&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Flip-Folding-Remote-Key-Fob-Case-fit-for-Chevrolet-Chevy-4-Button-No-Chip-/201431517511?fits=Model%3ACamaro

I want it to be a camaro key, as i will base the mod on a camaro. Also, ill gut the key, and fit a rfid in, unles it already has frid

Thanks

1 hour ago, W-L said:

So the stuff i inked would be good right?

6 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

So the stuff i inked would be good right?

Potentially I'm not sure how compatible it would be for a PC system since they may use a 12V system not to mention a lot of extra features on those that wouldn't really be needed. 

Just now, W-L said:

Potentially I'm not sure how compatible it would be for a PC system since they may use a 12V system not to mention a lot of extra features on those that wouldn't really be needed. 

so the instructables thing + the gutted key fobs, not the alarm stuff.

sorry bou thtat

so the instructables thing + the gutted key fobs, not the alarm stuff.

sorry bou thtat

That would probably work the best as it woudl also be much lower cost. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

That would probably work the best as it woudl also be much lower cost. 

Now heres the thing, should i spen some money fo r a camaro mod, or save that $300 toward a real camaro?

5 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

Now heres the thing, should i spen some money fo r a camaro mod, or save that $300 toward a real camaro?

I'll leave that one up to you since it's your money :D 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

I'll leave that one up to you since it's your money :D 

Lol.

Alright.

What would you do if it were you?

1 hour ago, W-L said:

I would put it to a car personally, time to go adventuring :D 

Lol, alright.

Thanks for all the help man