Worst way to clean a pc?

BlackIce

And here I was expecting someone putting a PC in a dishwasher or washing machine.

9 minutes ago, Security said:

And here I was expecting someone putting a PC in a dishwasher or washing machine.

I've seen that done.

And I never want to see it again.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I've seen that done.

And I never want to see it again.

Enlighten me on that.

1 hour ago, ModuleLFS said:

Enlighten me on that.

Long story short, a friend of mine spilt some soda or something (a drink that went sticky) onto his laptop keyboard so he went full retard and put it in the dishwasher and washed it with soap and water. Needless to say he killed the thing.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Long story short, a friend of mine spilt some soda or something (a drink that went sticky) onto his laptop keyboard so he went full retard and put it in the dishwasher and washed it with soap and water. Needless to say he killed the thing.

Good thing it wasn't a toaster.

5 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I enjoyed reading that. 

I recently was at a friends home. He showed me his new prebuilt fancy rig and noticed some dust on the graphics card. He catched a bottle of glass cleaner and wanted to clean it that way. I was able to stop that before anything got damaged x.x

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

LOL  this one's better

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

5 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

I recently was at a friends home. He showed me his new prebuilt fancy rig and noticed some dust on the graphics card. He catched a bottle of glass cleaner and wanted to clean it that way. I was able to stop that before anything got damaged x.x

Will that even harm anything?

Just now, ModuleLFS said:

Will that even harm anything?

Well, liquid ontop of a graphicscard, on the motherboard and everything else should be able to shorten out a lot of stuff.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

Just now, Rodniz said:

Well, liquid ontop of a graphicscard, on the motherboard and everything else should be able to shorten out a lot of stuff.

Only if the glass cleaner is conductive. (Which I have no clue if it is or not.)

Just now, Rodniz said:

My first rig took a lot of water from the ethernet cable (thanks based ISP). It just started turning itself off randomly but no shorting xD

A submachine gun in in order to clean the computer, and improve airflow.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

I'm rather astonished the Mac display didn't crack when the reflection of his face showed up.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

4 hours ago, Kierax said:

A submachine gun in in order to clean the computer, and improve airflow.

They're speedholes--they make the computer go faster.