400$ Console Killer

12 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

No, i'm not. 

Please stop. Because each of your topics gives the impression that you are one.

Spoiler

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

plz linus

He's already done a console killer video a few years ago when he got the forum to build $350-400 PC to go up against their first scrapyard wars PC...I can't find a link for it thou but I remember it ended up having like an A8 as the CPU with something for the GPU...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

He's already done a console killer video a few years ago when he got the forum to build $350-400 PC to go up against their first scrapyard wars PC...I can't find a link for it thou but I remember it ended up having like an A8 as the CPU with something for the GPU...

A8? That's not needed now. And my build is OBVIOUSLY better. It can run Crysis 3 at High.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

41 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

+1, Better GPU and a tier 4 (maybe a tier 3 or 5 as it's the most budget oriented XFX PSU with either the OEM being seasonic or super flower (only due to the factory it's being built in) and it's not even been 1-2 months since it got released so no reviews really anywhere...but it's XFX (known for only using seasonic) and they have great support with my own experience (power surge blew one of the caps out in the PSU but no damage was sustained on any other parts and I was upgraded to a slightly better XXX pro from a core edition and this was less than 5 days of waiting or maybe I just got lucky and got a manager first time contacting) PSU vs a tier 7 oh wait, it's not even tier 7 as it's a generic Chinese PSU so it's one that you should be staying away from.

1. $4 over is perfectly acceptable

2. 8GB is more than enough for gaming, this is not a lie, there is no way you're going to utilize all 8GB under normal gaming scenarios

3. the 950 is well worth the trade off for not having a CPU cooler and 16GB of ram. Plus the whole point in Console killer is more powar for the same price or same power for less.

2. Crysis 3

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

32 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

A8? That's not needed now. And my build is OBVIOUSLY better. It can run Crysis 3 at High.

Just let me point out the fact that it was like a year ago and prices for everything has come down quite dramatically (especially ram as it's now only half the price of what they were)

4 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

2. Crysis 3

Evidence?? Can't find any source saying that it uses more than 8GB of ram 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, NunoLava1998 said:

2. Crysis 3

No Crysis doesn't use more than 8GB, it's recommended spec is 4GB and its Hi-performance is 8GB, google it.

2 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

1 x 8 GB, over 400$ and overkill GPU (the 750 Ti is enough.)

It's fine to use 1 stick unless you are using integrated or are rendering, you don't get much of a gain. And no a 750 ti no longer enough, even a 950 can't ultra 1080p at 60 fps so its by no means overkill. If you meant it was overkill for the 860K you would be a bit right, but then again Nvidia has a low CPU overhead so its not even a big deal and its better than a 750Ti.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Good build but I wouldn't use the power supply, if it dies it will take the whole build with it. R.I.P

On 05/03/2016 at 10:17 AM, NunoLava1998 said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($72.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.75 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A68M-HD+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Mushkin ECO2 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($57.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Apex TX-606-U3 MicroATX Mid Tower Case w/300W Power Supply  ($46.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $399.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-05 04:14 EST-0500

Yes, 16 GB of RAM and a 750 Ti for under 400$ (399.49$).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($72.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A68M-HD+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($39.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB Superclocked Video Card  ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Apex TX-606-U3 MicroATX Mid Tower Case w/300W Power Supply  ($46.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $396.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-06 14:09 EST-0500

this is better.

You wont need a cooler for a 860k. That mobo aint for overclocking anyway, so you seriously WONT need it

On 3/5/2016 at 8:28 PM, NunoLava1998 said:

That's a weaker one. My CPU is equivalent to a i3 or a i5. And with water cooling you can almost get to 5 GHz, at 4.87 GHz, which is stronger than the FX-9590, the strongest in clock speed CPU of AMD and Intel.

a 860 is not = a i3-i5 by any streck of the imagination... the gpu is far better and there is room to upgrade to an i3-i5-i7 in the future

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280