Are the mouting holes for LGA 1156, LGA 1366, and LGA 2011-3 the same?

Bajantechnician
Go to solution Solved by thekeemo,

Not even close.

115x 75mm

1366/2011 80mm

1366 & 115x need a backplate 2011 does not

so are the mounting holes the same for LGA 1156, or LGA 1366, or LGA 2011 the same?

not the pin layout, but the screw holes for cpu cooling the same?

Thanks

Not even close.

115x 75mm

1366/2011 80mm

1366 & 115x need a backplate 2011 does not

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

no thats why the cpu coolers have so many different screws and back plates. imo they should standardize it.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

5 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Not even close.

115x 75mm

1366/2011 80mm

This^^ but also 1366/2011 has a threaded integrated back plate.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Just now, AdamIsaacLang said:

This^^ but also 1366/2011 has a threaded integrated back plate.

1366 has a separate backplate

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

1366 has a separate backplate

Oh right, I was thinking of the SR-2 which did have a integrated backplate but normally it doesn't

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Just now, AdamIsaacLang said:

Oh right, I was thinking of the SR-2 which did have a integrated backplate but normally it doesn't

The Sr-2 are one of a kind in many ways

15 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

no thats why the cpu coolers have so many different screws and back plates. imo they should standardize it.

They should, specially considering it's the same manufacturer. Hard is tho looking towards in the future and trying to keep one "standard," if a CPU changes size.

Just now, shadmed said:

They should, specially considering it's the same manufacturer. Hard is tho looking towards in the future and trying to keep one "standard," if a CPU changes size.

true it would be hard to keep a standard but i think it would be a worthwhile idea

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/