what should i get, swype card or plastc card

Go to solution Solved by Networking Wolf,

im done you decide which one you want

So which card should I get? No budget between the two. 

Plastc : https://store.plastc.com/8486820/checkouts/030418ad58459451b1c8ef4c1f3f0f82

Swype : http://www.swypcard.com/http://www.swypcard.com/

I want to get the card before the pre-order ends and I have to pay for yearly subscription, as preorder has included life subscription 

So which one should I get?

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

So which card should I get? No budget between the two. 

Plastc : https://store.plastc.com/8486820/checkouts/030418ad58459451b1c8ef4c1f3f0f82

Swype : http://www.swypcard.com/http://www.swypcard.com/

I want to get the card before the pre-order ends and I have to pay for yearly subscription, as preorder has included life subscription 

So which one should I get?

Thanks 

would you like nfc payments or phone pairing more?

that seems to be the only difference

edit: upon further inspection, i cant find a damn difference

swyp is prettier though, so whatever works

What is the purpose of these cards?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

6 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

to hold multiple credit cards in them. I would just go with nfc it is better and from what I know safer

47 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

would you like nfc payments or phone pairing more?

that seems to be the only difference

edit: upon further inspection, i cant find a damn difference

swyp is prettier though, so whatever works

Lol. Wmwhich one looks better?

45 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Smart. credit card

37 minutes ago, Jstone said:

to hold multiple credit cards in them. I would just go with nfc it is better and from what I know safer

I can put gift cards on these right?

Nfc is which one?

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

Lol. Wmwhich one looks better?

Smart. credit card

I can put gift cards on these right?

Nfc is which one?

NFC is on the phone. It is a better route and as far as gift cards I don't know. I don't use it not because I cant I just don't trust it. I have had my identity stole twice and im good

12 minutes ago, Jstone said:

NFC is on the phone. It is a better route and as far as gift cards I don't know. I don't use it not because I cant I just don't trust it. I have had my identity stole twice and im good

My phone supports nfc

So which card?

My phone supports nfc

So which card?

I would recomend doing nfc this is because it will always be on the phone if you want a card I hear swipe is a good one

6 minutes ago, Jstone said:

I would recomend doing nfc this is because it will always be on the phone if you want a card I hear swipe is a good one

So get Swype?

Not Plastc?

cons for these cards is you have a card which instead of 3 you have one, these cards are a little orlder than nfc, you need to remember which card is which light or what not

pro you can use it anywhere, being a card everyone will take it

11 minutes ago, Jstone said:

cons for these cards is you have a card which instead of 3 you have one, these cards are a little orlder than nfc, you need to remember which card is which light or what not

pro you can use it anywhere, being a card everyone will take it

Can you reword the older than nfc and instead of 3  and which light and whatnot part?

Thanks

Can you reword the older than nfc and instead of 3  and which light and whatnot part?

Thanks

These card have been around for about 5 years i think where as nfc is really starting to take off with the new phones. Some of the cards use lights to tell you which card it is one, this could be different color per card  or a different light in general

55 minutes ago, iasianxmofoii said:

I would recommend swyp just because its cheaper and it seems like it has a better FAQ then the other. To me customer service is the world

1 hour ago, Jstone said:

These card have been around for about 5 years i think where as nfc is really starting to take off with the new phones. Some of the cards use lights to tell you which card it is one, this could be different color per card  or a different light in general

Pros /cons of Plastc 

I hope it has a better success rate than Only-Coin.  I got in on that early, and estimate it has a success rate of about 60%; which ultimately means its ANOTHER card sitting in my wallet....

I'd rather recommend you wait until after they come out; find out how they are doing, see which succeeds and go with it.  "lifetime subscription" is just a gimmick to get money now.

wow -- Plastc at $150 ?!?  that's utterly insane that someone would buy into that in my opinion...  Even Swype at $89 delivered; wow...  

I have six cards in my wallet right now; two loyalty, two credit, one corporate credit and a debit.  They cost, per year, $0.00 and are all enabled with EMV chip and pin.  Both Swyp and Plastc EMV support are currently vaporware only; suggestions of a future support model only.  

So you're looking at either $150 or $89 for a technology that once EMV switches into place, may no longer be viable, and either way saves you no money per year, and a total of about 3mm of thickness space.  

yeah.... definitely wait... once you know which will support EMV and carry a >99% swipe/chip acceptance rate, consider it only then.