Is the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w Titanium PSU good?

Bhav

Silly question, it most likely is, but Im desperate with my PC locking up / freezing three times already today. Its already ordered so I dont even know why Im asking ... oh wait, its probably because my PC keeps frezzing up at stock settings :(

Hjalp!

Linus is my fetish.

I highly doubt getting that above a more standard SuperNova G2 650w would solve your issue.

Full specs?

Ewww 650w no.

Im planning on tri SLI upgrades in the future, need 1000.

5820k, MSI Godlike Gaming, SLI GTX 970s, 4 SSDs, 2 HDDs, soon 2 pascals.

Its either my current PSU is too old (850w is plenty but its an old XFX 850w black edition), or its my CPU because it wont even OC.

Might even be the mobo bios.

Linus is my fetish.

check for damaged sata cables. A bad one made my PC freeze. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

28 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Silly question, it most likely is, but Im desperate with my PC locking up / freezing three times already today. Its already ordered so I dont even know why Im asking ... oh wait, its probably because my PC keeps frezzing up at stock settings :(

Hjalp!

yeah its a decent power supply.

is it the 1000 P2 PSU or just the 1000P?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

13 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Ewww 650w no.

Its either my current PSU is too old (850w is plenty but its an old XFX 850w black edition), or its my CPU because it wont even OC.

Enjoy the tri sli, ultra stutter gameplay.

No, don't be one of them, just get dual 980Tis and call it a day, 750W G2 can handle it.

11 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Ewww 650w no.

Hi, 

first of all EVGAs are great. At least that's what johnnyguru says and I only buy PSUs he ragards as worthy. Depending on your build I would say yes get the 1000W although it really is quite overkill but the difference in price isn't all too much and you have future upgradability. 

But I have to tell you, you may be better off getting more powerful cards in 2 way than less powerful in 3 way. But I will revise that if you say you are going to get the most top tier pascal 3 times :D which would be totally badass. 

8 hours ago, Xenift said:

Enjoy the tri sli, ultra stutter gameplay.

No, don't be one of them, just get dual 980Tis and call it a day, 750W G2 can handle it.

I said future. Im talking about Pascal, even Volta time. Whenever its better and works, and when I have 3440x1440 ort higher pixels. Please dont judge based on typical poverty spec PCs thanks. I like to have my upgrade options open and not to have to bother about upgrading my PSU again.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

I said future. Im talking about Pascal, even Volta time. Whenever its better and works, and when I have 3440x1440 ort higher pixels. Please dont judge based on typical poverty spec PCs thanks.

21 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Then what on earth is this suppose to mean?

8 hours ago, steveroch-rs said:

Hi, 

first of all EVGAs are great. At least that's what johnnyguru says and I only buy PSUs he ragards as worthy. Depending on your build I would say yes get the 1000W although it really is quite overkill but the difference in price isn't all too much and you have future upgradability. 

But I have to tell you, you may be better off getting more powerful cards in 2 way than less powerful in 3 way. But I will revise that if you say you are going to get the most top tier pascal 3 times :D which would be totally badass. 

Thats the thing. I want a titanium rated 10 year warranty one.

850w is £190, 100w is £220, so why would I bother buying the 850w one?

Its actually most likely my CPU because its shitty and wont even run at 4.4 Ghz 1.35v. Going to test with the new PSU, and if it still doesnt work / OC, replace the CPU.

Looking for mobo bios updates first as well. PC freezes suck, it doesnt even BSOD or restart, just everything grinds down to a halt and then stuck.

Ive also got a dead 1300w Antec HCP boxed and waiting to be picked up for RMA today. Bought that because it was on offer for £150, going to ebay the replacement for £200 hopefully.

Linus is my fetish.

Oh yea, theres also that thing with DX12 where you can mix Nvidia and AMD cards, like I might want 2 Nvidia and 1 AMD to get all the features or something.

Pffft 850w. Go go 1000w titanium! I'll never need a new PSU unless it reeps.

Linus is my fetish.

4 hours ago, steveroch-rs said:

Hi, 

Not all EVGA PSUs are great. The NEX/B1/G1/*00B/W1 series are all pretty bad.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Oh yea, theres also that thing with DX12 where you can mix Nvidia and AMD cards, like I might want 2 Nvidia and 1 AMD to get all the features or something.

Pffft 850w. Go go 1000w titanium! I'll never need a new PSU unless it reeps.

Three 970s in SLI and a 3960X use just under 600W so factor that in however you please.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||